The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, now that I can see these shoes up close, I have a different opinion. I really don't care for the print. They look like a crocodile texture with designs airbrushed on to them. I am sure that they were expensive, but to me, they look cheap. I also think that they aren't shoes. They look like boots.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe they really are some sort of skin which makes them even More unattractive, imho. And they certainly do appear to be boots of some kind. Certainly not my taste At All. Thumbs down....

Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is just one of those time when the outfit bored me; but I really dont like the accessories. I dont like the style or design of the shoes, and the scarf here is boring. Sorry, but thats how I see it!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

No need to apoogize, Marmi. That's what makes this board interesting....Opinions!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

I just saw those shoes much closer and they are really ugly.It reminds me of the cowboys' boots from far West...How did she do that?Even the peep-toe platforms are better than these.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Courtier

These are like "booties" - laced up brogues.
The material looks like snake skin - there is a slight platform on the sole.
Not very pretty - the snake skin looks kind of creepy.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I just saw those shoes much closer and they are really ugly.It reminds me of the cowboys' boots from far West...How did she do that?Even the peep-toe platforms are better than these.
You are so right, Iakynthi! They do look like cowboy boots (and very tacky ones at that).
Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

What a great comparison, iakynthi, "Cowboy boots from the far West" !! LOL. Are you really from Greece? Not too sure about the peep-toe platforms being better, however, but you do have a point! Love your comment....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well seems that we are unanimous that we would just love to either buy Letizia a whole new shoe collection, or burn all shoes she has bought in the last year! (lol)

And yes, that was a great comparison!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Which do we do first? Buy or Burn Baby Burn!! LOL. :) I'm up for either one, marmi. Too bad it won't make a bit of difference what we mere mortals think..but we can pretend. sigh...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The dreaded platform shoes came out again last night - this time in her black version
Picture details

My quess is this is the 3rd time for this style of shoe in about 2 weeks

Old 11-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
They do look like cowboy boots (and very tacky ones at that).
Ugly and cheap looking shoes. They look like a pair Britney Spears has in her closet.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Ugly and cheap looking shoes. They look like a pair Britney Spears has in her closet.
I agree, but I am still dumbstruck by the hideous snake boots!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

I'm very disappointed in Leti.. She's a princess.. Wear elegant shoes! I hate her thick peep-toe platform ones.. It looks very cheap and not inappropriate..
Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Blue platform shoes ...........................
ImageShack - Hosting :: 205356875de4dgt1.jpg
isifia

Old 11-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

That's too much!I can't be lenient anymore.She needs to hire an expert and not an expert in the latest trends(there are millions of those today...) but an expert in "royal-looking" outfits and accessories.Immediately...lol
Old 11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't agree more, iakynthi! By the way, this is what she wore to the Prince if Wales 60th birthday party given by the Queen at Buckingham Palace. :(
Old 11-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
That's too much!I can't be lenient anymore.She needs to hire an expert and not an expert in the latest trends(there are millions of those today...) but an expert in "royal-looking" outfits and accessories.Immediately...lol
Maybe one of us should write an job application to HRH.
But on the other side I'm wondering why Queen Sofia don't ask to dress more royal

I'm qute unsure if I should make a job application, or if I should send a pair of appropiate shoes to Letizia (I've seen 2 days ago a very nice pair of evening shoes by Pedro Garcia, a spanish designer)
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I am beginning to think she needs glasses and soon! :)
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Oh no, I think she likes that kind of shoes and thinks it matches her outfits.
She just needs someone who tells her, that most of the time she looks from the knees downward like a pole-dancer or a tacky Hollywood-actress, and from the knees upward like a dowdy clothes stander, but not tad what a future queen should look like.
And that's the job of a assistant, or a stylist! To teach the "client" what to wear, and whats a no-no.

I think she had someone in the beginning of her marriage, but she/they sacked that (lady?) person, to spend the money, or because she had another opion than L. ....., it's a pity, she looked so nice, well-dressed and royal back than.

Tags
accessories, bags, fashion, letizia, princess of asturias, scarves, shoes, style