Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Accessories 2: September 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dreaded platform shoes came out again last night - this time in her black version
Picture details

My quess is this is the 3rd time for this style of shoe in about 2 weeks :bang:

I'm very disappointed in Leti.. She's a princess.. Wear elegant shoes! I hate her thick peep-toe platform ones.. It looks very cheap and not inappropriate..

That's too much!I can't be lenient anymore.She needs to hire an expert and not an expert in the latest trends(there are millions of those today...) but an expert in "royal-looking" outfits and accessories.Immediately...lol

I couldn't agree more, iakynthi! By the way, this is what she wore to the Prince if Wales 60th birthday party given by the Queen at Buckingham Palace. :(

That's too much!I can't be lenient anymore.She needs to hire an expert and not an expert in the latest trends(there are millions of those today...) but an expert in "royal-looking" outfits and accessories.Immediately...lol

Maybe one of us should write an job application to HRH.
But on the other side I'm wondering why Queen Sofia don't ask to dress more royal :bang:

I'm qute unsure if I should make a job application, or if I should send a pair of appropiate shoes to Letizia (I've seen 2 days ago a very nice pair of evening shoes by Pedro Garcia, a spanish designer)

I am beginning to think she needs glasses and soon! :)

Oh no, I think she likes that kind of shoes and thinks it matches her outfits.
She just needs someone who tells her, that most of the time she looks from the knees downward like a pole-dancer or a tacky Hollywood-actress, and from the knees upward like a dowdy clothes stander, but not tad what a future queen should look like.
And that's the job of a assistant, or a stylist! To teach the "client" what to wear, and whats a no-no.

I think she had someone in the beginning of her marriage, but she/they sacked that (lady?) person, to spend the money, or because she had another opion than L. ....., it's a pity, she looked so nice, well-dressed and royal back than.

I am beginning to think that she is secretly being paid millions of euros by a shoe designer to wear these platforms. She seems to only wear platforms anymore, and they are terrible.

Send the shoes you discovered,jinigirl!!Make us happy...:D

jinigirl, I would Love to see just One pair!! Feel free to send more....and make us ALL happy!! Hurry, please.

I couldn't agree more, iakynthi! By the way, this is what she wore to the Prince if Wales 60th birthday party given by the Queen at Buckingham Palace. :(

When she courtesied to the Queen, the platforms likely were hidden inside the skirt. The Queen likely had spotted the other Halloween costumes first :lol::lol:.

These are so lovely, Her_Majesty. They are very elegant, and the platform part doesn't look cartoonish. If she must wear platforms, she should wear these.

But why oh why must she wear platforms?? There are sooo many lovely pairs of shoes to be had now...surely she could find many pairs of feminine ones when she can have just about anything in the world!! (within reason, of course.) She wore lovely High heels in the beginning of her marriage and she looked fabulous! She hasn't shrunk nor has Filipe grown. :) I think they look wonderful together and I, for one, Love tall men with a smaller woman! It's not as if he's a giant or weighs a ton! Just my humble opinion....

These "clodhoppers" are the one's she wore to the POW 60th birthday party at B'ham Palace as I posted above! (I am LOL as I read your comment just Knowing that you must be from the USA as I haven't heard that silly word for ages!!) The Worst part is her having them dyed to match which is such a no-no now. I just don't get it as she is such a beauty from the ankles up!! She certainly has no taste in dressy footwear for sure...

She is the most trendy princess i think. Good for her. Thanks god)

Welcome Sandra Su!! Your opinions are welcome anytime. Good for you... :)

Anytime, Sandra Su! Do you live in Russia?

I love your questions,udy ;)
Well,Sandra and everyone else can have their own taste,but considering that Letizia is a Crown Princess and thus,she's never gonna dance in a russian cabaret,I believe she'd better close all these platforms in a big suitcase and throw them in the Mediterranean or donate them to a museum-the Museum of Ugliness,for example.And do it quickly...:whistling:

Russian cabare?)) Interesting) Well, we dont have Mouline Rouge) And the girls in Russia now (times of soviet union passed))) ) have good sense of style) Not all - but like in every country)

But you are right - everyone have their own taste. Letizia is contemporary and trendy. Princesses of 21 century may look different - this is my opinion) I like how Rania look - she is Queen, but she and Letizia are the best in style (IMHO) ))

and exuse my pure english)

shoes

Thank you , my new buddy! :wub:

I have to once again defer to you and your humorous comments to get us back on track! Poor Letizia, all she has to do is read our comments on the RF and get back to being the Princess of Asturius (sp) that we all know and love.

Oh dear. I think I may have goofed. My new Buddy is iakynthi!!! I So Hope that I am understood.....I tried something new and I goofed. Sorry.

No,you misunderstood what I was trying to say.I never wanted to offend Russian women.We all know how beautiful they are and how well-dressed.It was an example:like a "weird" night club or something like that.My point is that Letizia will never go to a place like that,she belongs to a different world and her outfits and accessories should be more "royal-looking".There's a thin line between what can be considered as elegant and what is considered "cheap",even in the 21st century.She's a young woman who is obliged-because of her position-to be more carefull with her public appearances.

PS.I got your point,dear udyusa!I just don't want Sandra to be offended.The "russian cabaret" was just an example.I could have said "greek bouzoukia" as well...lol

Me thinks it is time to get back to the thread at hand.....Letizia's Clodhoppers!!! Ha ha. :) I didn't mean to open a can of worms sooo let us get back from whence we started!!! My apologies to one and all.

Elspeth, I need you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom