The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the latest look it seems to show her less frail she always looks to me as if she is going to snap into two but I like the beiges on her. The pink shoes are or appear to me to be too large in colour and design for someone soooooo tiny. I also love the latest bag do any of you know the desiner?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
Those shoes are good for a Hollywood red carpet event.

I don't even know how can she walk in them.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

They are ugly and cheap looking, even Victoria Beckham's shoes have more class. I guess they got at least 12 cm heels plus 5 cm platform but what else can she do trying to make up some height difference to Felipe. Sooner or later Letizia will end up in flat shoes for everyday events anyway, there is no way her feet or spine can take such shoes for the next 30 years or so without being seriously damaged.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
They are ugly and cheap looking.
I agree. Too bad those ugly shoes with that beautiful dress!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Murcia, June 30th

http://i26.tinypic.com/o94qqb.jpg

Very stylish sunglasses although I don't like royals (in general) wearing sunglasses at official events. Maxima or Queen Sonja do it a lot but it looks tacky.

The shoes - what more can I say. When they are out of fashion Letizia can still donate them to pole dancer girls from the go-go bar nearby or use some of them for Zarzuela's next Drag Queen contest.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:10 AM
Moderator Emeritus

This pair of shoes is really extremely ugly
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I really wonder why she bought them in more then just 1 colour
Bild PDI_20080612_PDI2344

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr
there is a good picture of her cilver shoes here:

Bulls Press
More shoes of this kind, please!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Well I have a pair of those "Pep toe" shoes. This shoes are really confortables even they are very high-heeled shoes.
Felipe is very tall, and I think that she wants to be on the same level!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia is a beautiful woman with unfortunately skinny legs. The higher the heel, the skinnier her legs look. She really should not wear those kind of shoes because she looks like a tooth pick legged woman walking on stilts.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
This pair of shoes is really extremely ugly
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I really wonder why she bought them in more then just 1 colour
Bild PDI_20080612_PDI2344

More shoes of this kind, please!

These shoes are so ugly and cheap looking --- they look like they were made out of plastic or rubber.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Courtier

I have just spent an hour reading the whole thread. I have not paid much attention to Letizia's accessories and I was surprised. In the early years of her marriage, her accessories were wonderful. I think that now she has found certain styles which she likes and finds comfortable therefore she buys them in many colors.
In the last year or so her shoe choices have been awful with those peeptoe platform heels - everyone is right - she looks like she is wearing a pair of combat boots. Letizia has slim legs and feet. She looks great in ankle straps and daintier styles. Kudos to her for promoting the Spanish handbag and shoe industry. (Wasn't Queen Sofia's first gift to Letizia afer the engagement announcement a Loewe handbag?)
As for the wearing of heavy clothes in warm weather and a coat indoors --- the woman has zilch body fat - she is always cold! She needs a cheeseburger! The manager of my office is skinny and has no body fat --- she is always cold. The heat in the office is always cranked up, even in summer - it's miserable.
I think that as much as I admire Letizia's taste in accessories most of the time, it's the overall effect when all of the pieces are put together. Something just doesn't click - it's the outfit. Maybe she spends all of her money on the accessories and doesn't pay much for the clothes themselves which can tend to look ordinary and cheap. The accessories are not going to salvage an unattractive dress or suit. They just get lost in whole picture.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Commoner

I usually like Letizia's style, but I don't like these platform high heels she's been into lately. I don't know if she's self-conscious about her height and is trying to make herself as tall as possible, or if she just likes the style, but they're ugly and tacky-looking IMO.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those platform shoes are very in fashion right now and much more comfortable compared to the regular high heels. For a woman like Letizia who spends long hours standing up and walking, it's not a bad choice. Most of her handbags and shoes were made in Spain, were not that expensive. A few Loewe handbags (both Jaime and Laura Ponte work for LVMH) and Manolo Blahnik shoes were probably gifts. I heard Elena's hubby Jaime gave her a few pairs of Blahnik shoes as a wedding gift and later Jaime even opened a Blahnik store in Madrid.
She has some very nice jewel pieces after the wedding, then jewelry is a good investment and she can always pass them down to Leonor and Sofia in the future.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Nobility

The pink shoes. Cute seen up close as in one picture in this thread, but a lot of the shoes Crown Princess Letizia has chosen lately doesn't look too good on her in my opinion. I think she is too petite to wear such "big" shoes. The platform and the rest of the shoe make it big. I know they're in fashion right now, but that is no excuse for it.

Fortunately fashion changes, so hopefully there will be more pictures with Letizia in other types of shoes soon. She used to have great shoes, I've seen so many on her that is just stunning. But lately this "disney look" or "Dolly Duck" shoes, well it is not the best I've seen her in. Just my opinion. I've liked her clothes lately, but that is for another thread.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Those platform shoes are very in fashion right now and much more comfortable compared to the regular high heels.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

They don't look comfortable and I don't think they are. It's all about height difference, isn't it? Letizia will never make up 30 cm or so, she should get over it and move on. This pair is really extreme, not suitable for a princess at all, I wish she would stop wearing stripper shoes.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

They don't look comfortable and I don't think they are. It's all about height difference, isn't it? Letizia will never make up 30 cm or so, she should get over it and move on. This pair is really extreme, not suitable for a princess at all, I wish she would stop wearing stripper shoes.
She is not the only royal wearing very high heels, almost all of them do, even her almost 70-year-old mother-in-law walking on the 3 or 4-inch heels all the time, Maxima on the other thread was seen riding a bike with a very high heels . I have a couple of pairs similar to what Letizia had, they are definitely more comfortable than the normal 4-inch heels.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Maybe they don't look comfortable but all depend of that if the woman can walk with them right - I mean not on bend knee.

By the way, here you go a photo #3 on the first row (one of few) of the late princess Margaret of the UKimilar shoes:
http://www.raywoodmore.com/a11a.jpg

http://www.chassociation.org/sections/img/oldvisit3.jpg

http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/...ssmargaret.jpg
Old 07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Ok...., but Princess Margaret had a different body shape, at that shoes were matching the dresses worn by PM.
I'm thinking of buying a pair of nice, more flattering shoes for Princess Letizia
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Ok...., but Princess Margaret had a different body shape, at that shoes were matching the dresses worn by PM.
I'm thinking of buying a pair of nice, more flattering shoes for Princess Letizia
Simple high heels but not too high maybe from 2.5 to 3.5 inches.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

same heels

in green
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2008/PPE08071701.jpg

in pink
ANP Beeldbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
She is not the only royal wearing very high heels
and those plateau heels look ugly on each of them. :P On Letizia ... and on Máxima as well.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

close up of her new green shoes with snake print detail and also she had a small black clutch
Galerías de imágenes

Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:

They really are comfortable, you just have to purchase a good pair and that means they will be quite expensive. Of course Letizia shouldn't have to worry about that part. Does anyone know if the shoes she has been wearing lately have been made in Spain? Is she perhaps trying to push Spanish designers?

By the way, men love the stripper shoe look. If I was younger, believe me their eyes would bulge!

Tags
accessories, bags, crown princess letizia, scarves, shoes