The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Getting tired of these boots--regardless of how fashionable they are at the moment. Some pumps would be a nice change.
They're not even that fashionable anymore! If she was determined to wear boots then leather with a stiletto heel would have looked much better than slouchy boots.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Kate does seem awfully attached to these boots. I think that she started wearing them around Christmas '06/New Year '07, I really think that they should be retired now.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

I agree about the boots. I love boots, but they don't match everything, and it would be nice to see Kate wearing something other than boots.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
fan of french connection
Sunrise Dress - FRENCH CONNECTION
Kate wore the black and cream version of this dress priced at £75
http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/w...09/stripes.jpg

another picture of Kate in this dress late summer 2007
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...8/kate41-1.jpg

Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

recent clubbing outfit end of april 2008
Celebrity Photo Gallery | The Gossip Girls

Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

outfit from watching polo at the may day bank holiday weekend
Royal WAGs Kate and Chelsy bond over the bubbly as their Princes play polo | the Daily Mail
"Kate looked a little smarter in a fitted cropped jacket and dark jeans."

not a recent picture but i have found a back view of Kate's lovely silk print designer dress from the birthday party in Mahiki Club London 01.02.07
Picture details
Picture details

Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
outfit from watching polo at the may day bank holiday weekend
Royal WAGs Kate and Chelsy bond over the bubbly as their Princes play polo | the Daily Mail
"Kate looked a little smarter in a fitted cropped jacket and dark jeans."
Smarter? Both looked good and were wear similar clothes.
While Chelsy wear nice boots Kate wear her boots again.
Or maybe she has few pairs of the same boots?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i have often wondered is this lace dress what was under Kate's coat at the wedding of Laura Parker Bowles any thoughts??
As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow | Mail Online
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...SPX-000015.jpg

Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes it seams the same dress!!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
i have often wondered is this lace dress what was under Kate's coat at the wedding of Laura Parker Bowles any thoughts??
As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow | Mail Online
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...SPX-000015.jpg
Absolutely! Not sure who designed the dress itself but the actual lace was made by Solstiss (a French company that provides lace to different fashion houses).

-Ayvee
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

picture from the daily mail of Kate at the Autumn Kelly wedding ive seen a full lenght picture in the telegraph paper but cant find it but the black dress or skirt touched the top of her knee and her wore court shoes to match the jacket
ImageShack - Hosting :: 003middletonmos468x652ce9.jpg

Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

I like the outfit very much, but the hat seems a bit of a funeral thing!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

You are absolutely right. Black hat with a cob-web veil would look more appropriate at memorial service. The pink jacket looked fine though.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Kate is a pretty brunette, but she will have trouble with aging. I can already tell she looks older than her age now. It might be because of too much sun and no sunscreen, but it will come back to haunt her when she's older.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Kate is a pretty brunette, but she will have trouble with aging. I can already tell she looks older than her age now. It might be because of too much sun and no sunscreen, but it will come back to haunt her when she's older.
She looks older - she looks so tired. Too much parties maybe too much cigarettes if she smoke, sun, lose weight, live under stress (what would people say aboutme, my clothes, behaviour).
Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Agree with all those who say that she looks older, actually she looks like a sad old woman with her hat that would be suitable for a widow at her husband's funeral and her heavy eyeliner that is a relict from the 80ies. Sad dress, sad look, very boring and old fashioned. Shame there is no full body picture, I am sure she's wearing these black boots that got stuck on her legs
Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Shame there is no full body picture, I am sure she's wearing these black boots that got stuck on her legs
Sorry, no black boots in sight Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Majesty

If you're intent on discussing Kate's personal qualities and habits, please do it elsewhere. The only thing that interests us here is her sense of fashion and style.

Thanks,
Mandy
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
picture from the daily mail of Kate at the Autumn Kelly wedding ive seen a full lenght picture in the telegraph paper but cant find it but the black dress or skirt touched the top of her knee and her wore court shoes to match the jacket
ImageShack - Hosting :: 003middletonmos468x652ce9.jpg

The jacket is just lovely. I want a jacket like that!
The mistake (imo) is pairing a soft pink color with black! The color that most effectively compliments pink is white. Had she paired the jacket with a sleeveless white knee-length dress she would've looked worlds better.

Also I think the long dark hair actually ages her. She should've worn it up with a brighter (non-mourning color) hat.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
. . . . I think the long dark hair actually ages her. She should've worn it up with a brighter (non-mourning color) hat.
Someone should tell Kate that she has great bone structure and hiding it behind a tumbled curtain of hair is not only not a good look, it's a crying shame.

The hostess style hat, with veil is almost a "Cocktail" hat, and unlike a fascinator, it needs stlye. If Kate had put her hair up the bare neck and throat would look delicate and the veil mysterious. She would have achieved the magical "Balance" she seemed to be striving for. More importantly, she would not have looked in the least funereal!

My only reservation about Kate's overall look is that she seems too timid and tends to hide behind her hair. She needs to put up her hair, raise her chin and look everyone straight in the eye. Basically her overall style needs to be "in your face", which is actually more of an attitude than a change in style.

Tags
fashion, kate middleton, style