Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soCal girl said:
I was on the BCBG Maxazria site and came across the dress! I was like "hmm...that dress looks familiar" :D.

http://www.bcbg.com/spring2006/index.htm
(It's part of their ready-wear collection)

Yeah, that's it. thanks. It's Item #LPE63536. $358. I like the dress and it's a very good price, though I wonder if it wouldn't look better in red?!

where Kate shops

Some of this is already well-known, but in any case, I thought I would post it for those who might not know some or any of it.... Well, rex features says that Katie shops at the Patrick Mavros boutique in Fulham Road, and Kensington High Street's Topshop and Miss Sixty, and Blue Velvet for shoes (also in Kensington High Street); Peter Jones in Sloane Square; TM Lewin in King's Road (a men's shop? where she buys things for the males in her life, I guess); and LK Bennett, also in King's Road. And she buys sports wear at the King's Road Sporting Club.

Not really related to fashion: Rex also says she like the Montparnasse Cafe and also a Starbucks in King's Road, and the Bluebird Cafe and Restaurant.

HRHAmy said:
a new outfit for Kate, I haven't seen this top before, it's a little dowdy to me but she looks nice overall. White pants look good on her for some reason, maybe it's because she's skinny.

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_preview.php?idp=12508073

Her outfit and 'look' in this is v similar to that of CP Mary in a photo from her Australia trip 2005 (sorry cant find picture to compare). :rolleyes:

She kinda reminds me of Lauren "LC" Condrad of MTV's The Hills & Laguna Beach, don't ya think?

I love that blue dress from BCBG that she wore. That color looks phenomenal on her, and it fit her to a T.

I love her style....it's very natural, simple and elegant.
She's got good style sense

Kate has good style sense in terms of being a regular person. She's simple, elegant and natural. If/when she joins the royal family, her style will probably change, but for now, she looks like a nicely dressed regular person, and that is, technically, what she is.

I'm not a fan of the blue dress, though, but I love the dresses she was trying on in those other photos - the red and white ones.

The boots are just the look that's "in" right now. It's not for everyone. At least they are not that ugly Ugg boots.

she really likes wearing boots. she's surely comfortable wearing one. although sometimes, she's overdoing it.

Kate has a great style, she is dressing her age. As being a girlfriend of a prince i dont think she is dressing too formal for her role. I like her style. When it comes to outing with the prince or the royal family, she does know how to get her self together. she does not dress too formal but she gets it right.

I don't like this outfit, her hips are big and she doesn't look so good with too shaped to the body jean pants. I not saying she looks awful or something, she looks pretty but her pants aren't a good choice.
besides it, she looks pretty after all, she's not gorgeous... she has a common, almost classic beauty.
I do like boots, just like her... but i think sometimes she wears boots too much.
Kate is not but pretty, and lucky lol

Paula** said:
I don't like this outfit, her hips are big and she doesn't look so good with too shaped to the body jean pants. I not saying she looks awful or something, she looks pretty but her pants aren't a good choice.
besides it, she looks pretty after all, she's not gorgeous... she has a common, almost classic beauty.
I do like boots, just like her... but i think sometimes she wears boots too much.
Kate is not but pretty, and lucky lol

Really? I think she has quite a boyish figure, broad shoulders, no real waist and slim hips with no roundness to them. I think she looks quite good in jeans. But she has the most boring fashion sense, she dresses like any london girl does (probably more boringly) she has no innate style or chic.

I actually think that Kate is very similar to Diana in shape.
Her style is perfect so elegant and perfect for a royal life she could give some advice for styling to Sophie and Camilia!!

I don't think she could give style tips to either one . She is in her early twenties camilla is in her 50's and sophie early 40's. I think Camilla looks good and Sophie does need help but not from Kate.

Seto you misunderstood me i know that she technically cant give advice to either camilla or sophie because they are far older than she is but i meant was that she dresses like a royal unlike either camilla or sophie.

Did anyone read in the Daily Mail that whilst shopping in L K Bennet recently Kate was mistaken for a shop assisitant. A lady asked Kate is she could have a pair of six and half in shoes. Image how embarrassing it must have been for that lady especially if Kate ever becomes queen - one to tell the grandchildren i would imagne!!

Kate's white birthday coat

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows who the designer of the white coat with black buttons that Kate wore during her birthday.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/whitecoat.jpg
Eugenie photo scanned from my Royalty magazine. Photos of Kate from justjared.com. Collage by me.

Princess Eugenie also wore the same coat during Christmas Day at Sandringham last year (2007).

Right next to the panel of black buttons, you can see the diagonal stitching in both coats too.

I am hoping someone might have some information about this coat. Thanks for the help.

-Ayvee

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that whilst these may look to be the same coat there is a difference as Kate's version has a zip from the collar and i dont think that Eugiene's coat has this but if there is a better picture of the side it might show one (so i would stand corrected if i was wrong)

she also wore the coat to Peter Phillip's 30th birthday party

does anyone know where Kate got this from - everything was perfect in this outfit so young and modern yet also classic love the shoes!
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
i think that whilst these may look to be the same coat there is a difference as Kate's version has a zip from the collar and i dont think that Eugiene's coat has this but if there is a better picture of the side it might show one (so i would stand corrected if i was wrong)

she also wore the coat to Peter Phillip's 30th birthday party

It's exactly the same coat because Princess Eugenie's coat also has a zipper on the side on some of the HQ photos that I have. This is why I am so curious who the designer is.

You can see the zipper tab for closures for both in these photos:
Eugenie
Kate

-Ayvee

Last edited:
thanks ayvee i hadnt seen that angle of the coat and they are indeed the same but i think it looks better on Kate

thanks ayvee i hadnt seen that angle of the coat and they are indeed the same but i think it looks better on Kate

Yes, it looks better on Kate but perhaps it's because she's more statuesque than Princess Eugenie. When I saw the coat on Princess Eugenie during the Christmas walk, I absolutely fell in love with the coat but then noticed Kate wearing it for her birthday which was the 2nd time Kate wore it.

I didn't realize that Kate wore this coat first during Peter Phillips' birthday, which of course Princess Eugenie also attended. So of course, I've been wondering if Princess Eugenie asked where Kate got her coat and bought one for herself. Could this coat be off the rack at a boutique or from a designer's collection?

I do know when both York princesses go out for official walks - like during Christmas, appearing on the Buckingham Palace balcony or riding the coach, they do wear designer clothes because several people on the board have identified the designers they wear. Two designers I remember are Alberta Ferretti and Giorgio Armani. So I'm leaning towards this being a designer coat since Princess Eugenie wore it during the Christmas walk in Sandringham.

Well, hopefully someone can figure out who the designer is because I would love to buy one for me! Help anyone?

-Ayvee

her birthday 2008
Middleton-plaid : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

a grey dress by Prada (nov 07)
Kate-prince-william : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

fancy dress halloween 2007
Middleton-halloween : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

various outfits for partying in summer 2007 (what a surprise Kate partying)
Middleton-boujis : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Middleton-scion : Photo Gallery | Just Jared - look at what Kate is earing and then her friend - talk about the extremes of dressing
Middleton-mahiki : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

shopping - another favourite pastime for Kate (love these dresses though)
Middleton-bag : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Middleton-diana : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

Kate doing casual
Middleton-diana : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Middleton-mom : Photo Gallery | Just Jared the day after the concert for diana (kate's mum looking a bit worse for wear!)

Kate at the Diana concert 1 July 2007 - understated but why those black books in the middle of summer (please Kate get rid of them)
Middleton-concert : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Middleton-concert : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

Last edited:
some more recent Kate fashions

summer 2007 (also worn in 2006 - nice dress)
Middleton-floral : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

Clubbing (after her split with William)
http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=05&evt=middleton-clubbing&pic=kate-middleton-clubbing-10.jpghttp://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=05&evt=middleton-barton&pic=01-kate-middleton-clubbing-02.jpg
Kate-upskirt : Photo Gallery | Just Jared awful dress on Kate and those boots again
Middleton-party : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
the revenge dress just after their split - trendy blue-patterned shift dress by Lipsy

Various outfits 2007
Kate-construction : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Kate-middleton : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Kate-middleton : Photo Gallery | Just Jared Dublin for a work trip (again look at the way Kate's friend is dressed awful - this is a really nice suit on Kate very professional yet made modern with her peep toe shoes)
Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared at Cheltenham alone 2007 - wears her favourite stretch suede boots, cashmere pashmina and ‘The Alexander’ jacket trimmed with silk paisley (both by Katherine Hooker), a Philip Treacy beret, and Chanel sunglasses.
Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared - skirt too clingy in my opinion (in 2006 Kate wore a Katherine Hooker coat to Cheltenham)
Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared - look slike she has jsut lost money!!
Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared - funny expression
Prince William Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared Cheltenham 2007 with william
Prince William Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Prince William Kate Middleton Horse Racing : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

at a party with william befruary 2007 - a really nice silk dress
Kate Middleton Prince William : Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Kate Middleton Prince William : Photo Gallery | Just Jared with Pippa
Kate Middleton Prince William : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom