The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Courtier

She has on those jeans again but in a lighter color. I can tell by the stitching on the back pockets. She must like these a lot, I wonder who they're by?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1143191325

Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Commoner

I think the coat Kate Middleton wore to the Cheltenham festival is very similar, if not the same in design, as a coat by British designer Katherine Hooker. Except Kate chose beige herringbone and brown felt trim.

And you can view it on her website.

http://www.katherine-hooker.co.uk/new/contrast.php

Here's a link to Kate in the coat I mean.

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=11869921

And it probably explains her earlier trip to the Katherine Hooker store.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1139783628

Old 03-24-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
She has on those jeans again but in a lighter color. I can tell by the stitching on the back pockets. She must like these a lot, I wonder who they're by?

The caption of the pic is: "Kate Middleton shopping in London in Ganzfigur Stiefel Jeans Tasche pink...." then it cuts off. maybe that is a clue. They could have been naming the store she is stepping into, or been naming the jeans label, or the pink purse label.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:

Both of those jeans (the ones in the dark and light wash) are Miss Sixty. I'm pretty certain, since Miss Sixty jeans have that stitching on the back.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rose
I think the coat Kate Middleton wore to the Cheltenham festival is very similar, if not the same in design, as a coat by British designer Katherine Hooker. Except Kate chose beige herringbone and brown felt trim.

And you can view it on her website.

http://www.katherine-hooker.co.uk/new/contrast.php

Here's a link to Kate in the coat I mean.

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=11869921

And it probably explains her earlier trip to the Katherine Hooker store.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1139783628
Right on English Rose, weve solved the mystery coat:) Now if we could just keep up with all the other places she shops we'd be in business. Hey just a thought, it says you need to make an appointment to go to KAthrine Hooker's store, do you think maybe it would be easier to get an appointment by saying you are "Kate Middleton" it makes me wonder if that had any influence on getting her an appointment any faster? If she's seen wearing the coat at the races, Katherine could stand to make a pretty penny off that. Hmmm, makes me wonder...
Old 03-25-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Right on English Rose, weve solved the mystery coat:) Now if we could just keep up with all the other places she shops we'd be in business. Hey just a thought, it says you need to make an appointment to go to KAthrine Hooker's store, do you think maybe it would be easier to get an appointment by saying you are "Kate Middleton" it makes me wonder if that had any influence on getting her an appointment any faster? If she's seen wearing the coat at the races, Katherine could stand to make a pretty penny off that. Hmmm, makes me wonder...
Ah, but there must be many Kate Middleton's in the world. No offense against Kate, I like her very much, but her name is not exactly unique. There could be many Americans, Australians, or South Africans, or other nationalities who have the same name.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Nobility

She's reportedly been seen in Katherine Hooker and Collette Dinnigan. I've seen a picture of her on KHS carrying a Top Shop bag too.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No not really, anyone can make an appointment. I don't think she got any special favours. She must of known she was going to the races a few weeks earlier and so booked an appointment. Easy..:)
Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pink Araline bag from Mulberry
Old 03-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Thanks Catherine, I checked out the Mulberry site and they have some very nice bags. I've been looking all over and I still can't find the brand of her leather bag she always wears, sorry!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
The caption of the pic is: "Kate Middleton shopping in London in Ganzfigur Stiefel Jeans Tasche pink...." then it cuts off. maybe that is a clue. They could have been naming the store she is stepping into, or been naming the jeans label, or the pink purse label.
I didn't really get, if you wanted to know what that decription says or if you wondered whether the missing words say the brand/Shop...

in the first case: it's only a description of the picture, whole body, boots, jeans, bag,
Old 03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks Catherine, I checked out the Mulberry site and they have some very nice bags. I've been looking all over and I still can't find the brand of her leather bag she always wears, sorry!
I find her clothing very French Connection kind of clothes. Try there....
Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I didn't find a fashion thread for Kate by searching the forums. I know she is not royal but let's face it, she is in the tabloids' radar a lot and we always see pics of her wearing some pretty interesting things. Granted, her style is pretty blah. She has one specific style and stays with that. I think this says a lot about her personality, which is probably very practical and steady. She doesn't experiment much, preferring to do what's safe. Still, it is always interesting to look at different women, compare their styles, and see what it says about them, and to watch them evolve and hopefully try new things. Maybe Kate will surprise us sometimes and do something really inspirational.
for now, I just wonder what brands she likes. her sneakers seem like they could be Diesel or puma. Her boots are always suede, black or brown. Maybe Steve Maddon? or Coach?
I put together a collage of her shoes... Sources: hola and rex
The brown shoes, the one she wears with jeans, don't seem Coach. But they might be. Coach shoes usually have brand printed on them or a C but I don't see any of that, but I could be wrong.:)
Old 03-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

I love the shoes she wore to her friend's wedding. Anybody know what brand?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Courtier

New fashion for Kate: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...katemiddleton/

I don't care for this outfit very much, although the top is okay. It looks like she's trying to be trendy and sophisticated at the same time but it didn't work.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Nobility

The vest under the coat, and what appears to be a wool skirt, didn't work for me either.:)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
The vest under the coat, and what appears to be a wool skirt, didn't work for me either.:)
I agree. Usually like her clothes but this looks thrown together and messy. It just doesn't go together.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizy
I agree. Usually like her clothes but this looks thrown together and messy. It just doesn't go together.
In these pictures from Hello, she reminds me so much of a pre-wedding Mary - facial expressions and all! I'm about Kate's age (I'm a little bit younger), and in general I really like the way Kate dresses, though she doesn't always get it completely right. It's important to remember, though, that she's just a young women, fresh out of university and probably trying to figure out her style - she doesn't have all the help from stylists and designers that royal ladies do. If Kate does marry William, I can really see her transforming into a style icon. I mean, I really do compare her to Mary, who was certainly very attractive before she married Frederik, but has really come into her own as Crown Princess.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
In these pictures from Hello, she reminds me so much of a pre-wedding Mary - facial expressions and all! I'm about Kate's age (I'm a little bit younger), and in general I really like the way Kate dresses, though she doesn't always get it completely right. It's important to remember, though, that she's just a young women, fresh out of university and probably trying to figure out her style - she doesn't have all the help from stylists and designers that royal ladies do. If Kate does marry William, I can really see her transforming into a style icon. I mean, I really do compare her to Mary, who was certainly very attractive before she married Frederik, but has really come into her own as Crown Princess.
I agree with you as far as her transforming, but I really won't call her a fashion icon, with all due respect.:)

I mean to be considered a fashion icon you have to be comfortable with fashion which calls on you to take risks. But she usually just sticks with one type of a style. I haven't seen her style change AT ALL. I will say, however, she has good taste.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
I agree with you as far as her transforming, but I really won't call her a fashion icon, with all due respect.:)

I mean to be considered a fashion icon you have to be comfortable with fashion which calls on you to take risks. But she usually just sticks with one type of a style. I haven't seen her style change AT ALL. I will say, however, she has good taste.
I meant she could become a style icon if she were to marry William. I think the transformation would occur when that happens, not now. Look at Mary - she was a cute but average dresser before she got married, but now I think she's really wow (though perhaps not quite an icon). For me, the marriage and all that that brings with it is the major part of the equation. And it could take years for her to transform. I mean, look at Diana! Very frumpy when she married Charles, and look what she turned into! Who'd have known it was possible?

Tags
fashion, kate middleton, style