Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CasiraghiTrio said:
The caption of the pic is: "Kate Middleton shopping in London in Ganzfigur Stiefel Jeans Tasche pink...." then it cuts off. maybe that is a clue. They could have been naming the store she is stepping into, or been naming the jeans label, or the pink purse label.

I didn't really get, if you wanted to know what that decription says or if you wondered whether the missing words say the brand/Shop...

in the first case: it's only a description of the picture, whole body, boots, jeans, bag,

HRHAmy said:
Thanks Catherine, I checked out the Mulberry site and they have some very nice bags. I've been looking all over and I still can't find the brand of her leather bag she always wears, sorry!:rolleyes:

I find her clothing very French Connection kind of clothes. Try there....

CasiraghiTrio said:
I didn't find a fashion thread for Kate by searching the forums. I know she is not royal but let's face it, she is in the tabloids' radar a lot and we always see pics of her wearing some pretty interesting things. Granted, her style is pretty blah. She has one specific style and stays with that. I think this says a lot about her personality, which is probably very practical and steady. She doesn't experiment much, preferring to do what's safe. Still, it is always interesting to look at different women, compare their styles, and see what it says about them, and to watch them evolve and hopefully try new things. Maybe Kate will surprise us sometimes and do something really inspirational.
for now, I just wonder what brands she likes. her sneakers seem like they could be Diesel or puma. Her boots are always suede, black or brown. Maybe Steve Maddon? or Coach?
I put together a collage of her shoes... Sources: hola and rex
The brown shoes, the one she wears with jeans, don't seem Coach. But they might be. Coach shoes usually have brand printed on them or a C but I don't see any of that, but I could be wrong.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the shoes she wore to her friend's wedding. Anybody know what brand?

The vest under the coat, and what appears to be a wool skirt, didn't work for me either.:)

Laraib said:
The vest under the coat, and what appears to be a wool skirt, didn't work for me either.:)

I agree. Usually like her clothes but this looks thrown together and messy. It just doesn't go together.

Lizy said:
I agree. Usually like her clothes but this looks thrown together and messy. It just doesn't go together.

In these pictures from Hello, she reminds me so much of a pre-wedding Mary - facial expressions and all! I'm about Kate's age (I'm a little bit younger), and in general I really like the way Kate dresses, though she doesn't always get it completely right. It's important to remember, though, that she's just a young women, fresh out of university and probably trying to figure out her style - she doesn't have all the help from stylists and designers that royal ladies do. If Kate does marry William, I can really see her transforming into a style icon. I mean, I really do compare her to Mary, who was certainly very attractive before she married Frederik, but has really come into her own as Crown Princess.

Isabella said:
In these pictures from Hello, she reminds me so much of a pre-wedding Mary - facial expressions and all! I'm about Kate's age (I'm a little bit younger), and in general I really like the way Kate dresses, though she doesn't always get it completely right. It's important to remember, though, that she's just a young women, fresh out of university and probably trying to figure out her style - she doesn't have all the help from stylists and designers that royal ladies do. If Kate does marry William, I can really see her transforming into a style icon. I mean, I really do compare her to Mary, who was certainly very attractive before she married Frederik, but has really come into her own as Crown Princess.

I agree with you as far as her transforming, but I really won't call her a fashion icon, with all due respect.:)

I mean to be considered a fashion icon you have to be comfortable with fashion which calls on you to take risks. But she usually just sticks with one type of a style. I haven't seen her style change AT ALL. I will say, however, she has good taste.

Laraib said:
I agree with you as far as her transforming, but I really won't call her a fashion icon, with all due respect.:)

I mean to be considered a fashion icon you have to be comfortable with fashion which calls on you to take risks. But she usually just sticks with one type of a style. I haven't seen her style change AT ALL. I will say, however, she has good taste.

I meant she could become a style icon if she were to marry William. I think the transformation would occur when that happens, not now. Look at Mary - she was a cute but average dresser before she got married, but now I think she's really wow (though perhaps not quite an icon). For me, the marriage and all that that brings with it is the major part of the equation. And it could take years for her to transform. I mean, look at Diana! Very frumpy when she married Charles, and look what she turned into! Who'd have known it was possible?

Isabella said:
I meant she could become a style icon if she were to marry William. I think the transformation would occur when that happens, not now. Look at Mary - she was a cute but average dresser before she got married, but now I think she's really wow (though perhaps not quite an icon). For me, the marriage and all that that brings with it is the major part of the equation. And it could take years for her to transform. I mean, look at Diana! Very frumpy when she married Charles, and look what she turned into! Who'd have known it was possible?

True.:) ;)

But I think in according to become a "fashion icon" as Diana was, you have to be able to take risks with fashion. I mean Diana didn't always wear stuff that she SHOULD have worn. That is what made her fun to watch. She experimented. Same goes with Mary. You can see her experimenting with different styles, though not that much, which is why she is not that famous in the fashion WORLD. To me, Kate seems the type who won't mess with things. She might change her look, which we all do, but won't change it a lot.

Laraib said:
To me, Kate seems the type who won't mess with things. She might change her look, which we all do, but won't change it a lot.

Not everybody attains or strives to become a style icon, consciously or subconsciously.

And I think that not changing your look can also mean that Kate (or whomever) is certain of her style, comfortable with how she looks and is secure in the appearance she projects to others.

Many fashion icons throughout history have maintained a consistent style and were fashion icons because of it: Jackie Kennedy maintained a very classic and refined look as a young bride, then as the president's wife, then as a single mom, then through her wedding to Aristotle Onassis and in her later years. She didn't experiement radically and even her hair stayed mostly the same yet she is highly regarded for her sense of style. The same goes for Audrey Hepburn whose style remained consistent off screen.

I think Kate's brown bag in recent pics is from Banana Republic.

CasiraghiTrio I think you're right, I checked out the Banana Republic website and they do have quite a few bags that look similar to Kate's brown one. I couldn't find the exact one though.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I think Kate's brown bag in recent pics is from Banana Republic.

Do they have Banana Republic in the UK? Kate's style in general is very Banana Republic-esque.

Alexandria said:
Not everybody attains or strives to become a style icon, consciously or subconsciously.

And I think that not changing your look can also mean that Kate (or whomever) is certain of her style, comfortable with how she looks and is secure in the appearance she projects to others.

Many fashion icons throughout history have maintained a consistent style and were fashion icons because of it: Jackie Kennedy maintained a very classic and refined look as a young bride, then as the president's wife, then as a single mom, then through her wedding to Aristotle Onassis and in her later years. She didn't experiement radically and even her hair stayed mostly the same yet she is highly regarded for her sense of style. The same goes for Audrey Hepburn whose style remained consistent off screen.

True, but many people here were comparing her to one. Many people are comfortable with their style, hence they feel comfortable enough to risk with fashion. If someone always wears jeans and a plain shirt, that in my opinon, isn't saying much about their fashion sense. However, I still consider Kate someone with good, but simple style.

She has great potential for being a style icon or even just a stylish princess like CP Mary, if she were to marry William. It's the way she carries herself. She's pretty, she's lean and tall. The royal makeover seems to work miracles and with Kate they won't have that much work to do.

HRHAmy said:
CasiraghiTrio I think you're right, I checked out the Banana Republic website and they do have quite a few bags that look similar to Kate's brown one. I couldn't find the exact one though.

I feel the same. I walk past a BR on my way to work and I saw about three bags in the window that reminded me of Kate's brown one. They even had those little tassle thingies on the sides that hers has. But I couldn't decide which one seemed more like it.

I don't know if there is BR in the UK. I wondered the same thing, which is why I was slightly doubtful when I first posted this suspicion. But even if BR is not in the UK, she might have ordered it from a catalog or the website, or possibly some other secondary source?

I think she got the bag from the Bazar she went to with her mother. Here is a picture of her surrounded by bags that look similar to her brown one. Infact I think she might be holding it. Unless you are talking about a different brown one...

(photo from matrix).

Alexandria said:

I agree not everyone strives to be a style icon, but Kate is far from Jackie Onasis and Audrey Hepburn, who were the muse for their designers ([SIZE=-1]Givenchy[/SIZE] for Audrey, and Oleg Cassino for Jackie). These ladies had distinctive style that represented their personality and fashion sense, which Kate has yet to show. She dresses and looks safe most of the time, but I've yet to see that 'IT' quality in her fashion sense or a strong presence infront of the camera. She has a clean cut look, which Jackie and Audrey were renown for, but her style is no more unique than the typical graduate student out there. Maybe one day she'll find that distinct style which Jackie and Audrey have done in through the years, without any dramatic changes:)

regardez said:
I think she got the bag from the Bazar she went to with her mother. Here is a picture of her surrounded by bags that look similar to her brown one. Infact I think she might be holding it. Unless you are talking about a different brown one...

(photo from matrix).

I think you're right, it looks like she got it from the Bazar, but it's not hte bag she's holding the one she has is found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/kate-middleton-current-events-part-4-a-8296-2.html post #28. The one she has is a little larger. But the Banana Republic bags and the Bazar bags look quite the same. Maybe some of the bags at the Bazar were ordered from Banana Republic?:confused:

HELLO magazine, 28 March 2006 issue (Kate on the cover), there is a close-up picture of Kate using this brown bag and the strap connecting the two silver buckles has a brand name but I can't make it out. If anyone has a copy of this magazine, hope you can check and see what brand this bag is. I too would like to know who makes this bag. I particularly like the cell phone pocket on the outside of the bag.

Best,

ayvee

HRHAmy said:
I think you're right, it looks like she got it from the Bazar, but it's not hte bag she's holding the one she has is found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/kate-middleton-current-events-part-4-a-8296-2.html post #28. The one she has is a little larger. But the Banana Republic bags and the Bazar bags look quite the same. Maybe some of the bags at the Bazar were ordered from Banana Republic?:confused:

you guys are probably right about the bazar, but I like the idea of Kate ordering it online. She is "out there" somewhere!
:)

regardez said:

(photo from matrix).

You're absolutely right. After taking a look at your photo, I notice the style of bag she bought is right next to the empty cubby, although in a lighter shade. The bag Kate is holding seems to be a smaller version of the bag she uses.

Can anyone tell me what this Bazaar was all about? Was it a charity event? Sorry if I missed this info. There are just too many threads on this forum.

Thanks,

ayvee

Some of her clothes, like the skirt are from Jigsaw.

Sorry I guess you have to be registered to view the pic, I thought once I got in it would just transfer to this page but I guess not. Sorry. I'll try to find it somwhere else.

New wedding attire for Kate, I have to say this is not the best she's looked. I do like the coat/dress thing, it's okay but I think she could have done a lot better,like a dress from one of my favorite designers, Tracy Reese. tracyreese.com And that head piece is just a disaster.

Here's Kate: http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=22-20060506172210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom