The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Minimum effort needed for Kate Middleton's glamorous look |Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Old 09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

She looked stunning!Apart from the ensamble,I liked her hair & headpiece very much.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, I have to say, she looked beautiful and elegant in this picture to me as well. And I think white is not a bad colour for her.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I can add only good words.
The outfit is great, elegant and beautiful at the same time.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
28/9/2009
Fundraising at the Saatchi Gallery to raise money for the Starlight Children's Foundation.

Kate Middleton, queen of the good cause (with a little help from Mum, Dad and Pippa) | Mail Online

I like the dress, the colour is a bit boring though. Heavy make up and the same old non existing hairstyle make Kate look older than she is.

Did she swap dress with her mother last minute? Carole looks ridiculous in a short red dress that should be worn by her daughters' age group.
Excellent comments, ITA.

It looks as though Kate and Carole were wearing each others dresses. Carole in particular looked like mutton dressed as lamb in that red number.

Kate's dress is beautiful but I thought it was quite a mature style for a young woman. I would have expected to see a dress like that on one of the current CPs and most of them are about 10 years older than Kate.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love Kate's dress not sure how I feel about her Mom's or Pippa's. I think the style/cut and color suit her. If she and William do end up tying the knot hopefully she'll experiment with bolder colors more often.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Some of these clothes are a bit tacky,like the floral dress or the floral skirt at the party.But I really liked the grey dress(pic #6),that was really beautiful & feminine.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Kate has some either hits or misses, never really in the middle. The simple grey dress, for example, is undoubtedly a hit.
On the other hand, I loath this pink dress and especially, the pink cardigan. This black and red ensemble would suit a woman of a much more mature age than Kate's. I find this coat unfeminine and extremely ugly. This dress seems to be fine but it really looks too plain and uninteresting, and too much like a night gown. I have mixed opinion about this dress: although I adore the colour, the design and the pattern, I don't think it suited Kate that much.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The pics show that for her age & figure Kate dresses far too matronly that and the dull no-hairstyle with hair simply hanging down and in her face (although she has a good figure and pretty hair, too bad) dramatically adds to that.

10 years younger, anyone? Somebody should register Kate for the next series.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The pics show that for her age & figure Kate dresses far too matronly that and the dull no-hairstyle with hair simply hanging down and in her face (although she has a good figure and pretty hair, too bad) dramatically adds to that.

10 years younger, anyone? Somebody should register Kate for the next series.
No need to worry,Kate is gonna hire the best stylist when she'll become your new Princess Just teasing you,of course
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
This dress seems to be fine but it really looks too plain and uninteresting, and too much like a night gown.
I think I just saw a photo of Letizia wearing a very similar dress to dine with Gov. Bill Richardson in New Mexico...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Its similar but longer sleeves. I must admit I prefer Letizia's verison, maybe its her shoes or the fact that Letizia has a sense of fashion that I really like. And Kate, as mentioned by Marsel has the potential but is just blah. She dresses very old for her age.

Originally posted by Lula
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...eeuu$599x0.jpg

Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

What in the heck is going on in picture #5 w the teal sequin halter and shorts? Surely that is a JOKE? At first, I thought it was a picture of Lindsey Lohan- God forbid. Kate looks so pouty sometimes and unhappy. Maybe its merely frustration w the Paparazzi pests?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

That particular outfit was when Kate participated in a fundraiser. I believe its was a 70's roller skating theme.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Kate has some either hits or misses, never really in the middle. The simple grey dress, for example, is undoubtedly a hit.
On the other hand, I loath this pink dress and especially, the pink cardigan. much.
I agree with all you said, but I would just like to say the dress and cardigan that you especially loathe, the pink ensemble, is perhaps what the Kate Middleton just out of university and not dating Prince William would wear.
Some of her outfits are just too classical, with the trying to be the princess look to them, but this one which is younger even tends to look too young on her. A paradox for sure.
Her hair, which is beautiful, could do with a good styling. She has a very long face and the long casual ungroomed look doesnt suit it. At least that is my opinion.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Zonk for clearing that up for me, I could not imagine it being anything but a "costume" or themed style fashion!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well if Kate started dressing her age wouldn't we also say that "we don't like it because it isn't how a potential princess should dress etc." Either way it's a lose-lose situation for Kate until she (IF) marries William. But I'd rather see her dress this way if it's what she's comfortable with and besides she looks great!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
What in the heck is going on in picture #5 w the teal sequin halter and shorts? Surely that is a JOKE? At first, I thought it was a picture of Lindsey Lohan- God forbid. Kate looks so pouty sometimes and unhappy. Maybe its merely frustration w the Paparazzi pests?
I was worried,too I counted about 3 or 4 different colors,really scary But now everything is clear,so we can relax.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Article about Kate Middleton with lots of differents styles and looks:

B* quyết để hạ gục... HOÀNG TỬ ANH QUỐC! - Bi quyet de ha guc HOaNG Tu ANH QUoC : 24H.COM.VN

Tags
fashion, kate middleton, style