The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

why salma it looks nice espically the color

His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

This last dark blue dress looks beautiful,but Q.Noor ruins it with too many jewels,in my opinion.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

IMRIC Queen Alia was hardly ever photographed wearing Jordanian dress and was well-known for her love of Dior. Similarly Queen Noor wore a lot of couture and only started wearing traditional gowns on a more regular basis in the later years.

Bizarrely Queen Rania appears to be held to some different sort of standard.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
why salma it looks nice espically the color
Yes is nice colour, but I don´t like the cloth and I don´t like Queen Noor wore this thoub with trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
IMRIC Queen Alia was hardly ever photographed wearing Jordanian dress and was well-known for her love of Dior. Similarly Queen Noor wore a lot of couture and only started wearing traditional gowns on a more regular basis in the later years.
Queen Noor wore many thoubs since 1979 and more regular since 1983. She wore jordanian dresses in official portraits, all years during Jerash Festival, King Hussein´s birthday parties, state dinners... Queen Rania wore traditional dresses more during her first years as Queen than now.

Princess Haya
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/19225.jpg
ebay

Queen Noor
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/GA_00513450.jpg
She wore this thoub USA 98, Amman 97.
bew
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking more of the state visits abroad. I can recall her often wearing evening gowns as opposed to thobes, although of course I'm not saying she never wore them.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Haya's dress is ugly,don't you think?Appropriate only for a Museum,in my opinion.LOL
Old 02-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see too:Queen noor don't wore alot thubs on state visits abroad just like Rania and wich is in my opinion a wasted opportunity to show that beautiful clothes,however Queen noor and Haya definitely wore and promote national dresses more than Rania does.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don´t say Queen Noor wore many thoubs but sometimes yes she wore traditional clothes during state and official events (Israel 97, USA 98..), but she wore more thoubs more than Rania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Haya's dress is ugly,don't you think?Appropriate only for a Museum,in my opinion.LOL
I agree Iakynthi but the pic was taken 19years ago.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

19 years? Right,that's why I suggest they donate it to a Museum immediately
Old 02-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like Haya's dress,either.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

i don't like haya's costume either, still she looks beautiful, and is that her handwriting?

Quote:
really Jordanian dress:
http://i40.tinypic.com/majl6x.jpg
i like that photo, thanks xavi83 for me it looks perfect, i like the earrings and the necklace , but for the bracelets hmmm, they reminded me of hercules, but queen noor in that photo still looks just perfect.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Noor
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...af/7091071.jpg
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

this is the first time I see it, thanks salma
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
this is the first time I see it, thanks salma
Welcome Xavi This photosession was taken in Wadi Rum in 1996. I love all pics taken this day and her thoub is beautiful.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania tends to lean too much toward American women. She does adopt the american way of thinking in many of her strategies, speeches and conforms to them a bit too much. I don't know if it is such a good thing, after a while everyhting just becomes too plain, in my opinion.
On youtube for example, she wants everyone to see that arabs are the same as americans or whatnot, we are all different, it is good to be different. As long as we all accept each other it is perfect.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

very well said lillas,I agree with everything you said in you're post,I have the feeling sometime that she badly want to be a copy of american woman
Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

I liked Noor's traditional dress posted above,the light red/pink one(while she had a shooting).Noor looked so fresh and relaxed in that photo!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I liked Noor's traditional dress posted above,the light red/pink one(while she had a shooting).Noor looked so fresh and relaxed in that photo!
Yes for me the pics taken during this photosession are one of best pics of Noor in Jerash.

Princess Haya (from her website)
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/2_b.jpg
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

Haya looks very sweet as always.And the combination of red & black makes this dress very impressive.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you shrifia :)! glad there is someone else who shares the same point of view. We are what we are god created us different for a purpose, if he wanted all to be the same, he would have done so!
Queen Rania wants to show that she is a "modern" woman, no problem than starting by Jordanian basis and forward would maybe be more fit, not ignoring all for american "modern". The public won't follow anyway, it has been proven that the public tends to follow their own beleives and it is rare that they accept an unknown mentality! Not all Jordanians want to feel "modern".