Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her jacket but not her pants. The ponytail holder in the same color as her jacket looks too young IMO. Love her earrings.

The jacket is great. Beautiful color. Love the look of the top under it. :flowers:

The jacket is meant to be that length, its the style.

Again hate the trousers, need hemming. She needs to stick to dresses if her new found fashion style continues to translate into trousers. She looks great from the waste up.

Lovely earrings :flowers:

I love Stephanie's twist on daywear in this case. Custom dictates modesty and her ensemble certainly covers all that needs covering. The white top and jacket are very business-like but the skirt is the stuff of dreams!

Such fabulous colour and volume and movement and just plain girly swish! No fading into the carpets or wallpaper for her because that purple is gorgeous and Stephanie is present.

:previous: ITA.

Photographed at some angles it looks lovely, but closeup it's kind of a "miss". The blazer is also fitted poorly. But oh...I do love the color of the skirt!?

Last edited:
:previous: ITA.

Photographed at some angles it looks lovely, but closeup it's kind of a "miss". The jblazer is also fitted poorly. But oh...I do love the color of the skirt!?

It's not her first poorly fitted blazer, unfortunately. And it won't be her last, either. Sad, because she has the means and apparently does not use them.

Overall I think she has more misses than hits in the fashion depatment, and considering she's been married for almost five years now she could have learnt something.

This is not cattily meant, but rather an observation.

The jacket is too tight, buttons straining.
And it doesn't work with that skirt.

:previous:I agree with your assessment. There is no excuse for yet another poorly fitted jacket. Her last appearance was another one in black. Add to that the messy hair held by a plastic hair clip and you have a woman who just is careless in her appearance. Five years is a long time and very little improvement.

I think people have blinders about royals. Some people think Kate looks like a runway model even if she was wearing a paper bag. And Stephanie could be dressed to the nines in a couture gown and she would still look like a bag lady.

You need to give her credit where it is due. Yes, she was slow learning. And yes she has misses. Every royal, even the best dressed like Mary or Kate, have misses. But she has shown huge improvements this year. She has infact made the best dressed for many weeks this year in fashion polls. While her trousers remain sloppy, she certainly has made real progress in the past 6+ months.

I personally think she looks like a great mix of professional and conservative. The skirt is a fantastic pop of color. The coat gives structure to over flowly skirt.

It's not her first poorly fitted blazer, unfortunately. And it won't be her last, either. Sad, because she has the means and apparently does not use them.

Overall I think she has more misses than hits in the fashion depatment, and considering she's been married for almost five years now she could have learnt something.

This is not cattily meant, but rather an observation.

Perhaps a year ago I would have agreed with you, but since at least last Spring I could not disagree more.

I think she mostly looks lovely and appropriate these days and when she chooses to stun like she did when Kate visited Luxembourg or on the red carpet in Cannes in May, she goes hell for leather.:ohmy:

She seems to have indeed learned much more than "something" in the last 5 years!;)...as Countessmeout stated she has made more than a few of the Best Dressed polls and has even topped at least three in 2017.

I think Stephanie's come a long way and just gets better. She's not a disaster on this trip....it's probably not easy to look smashing in the type of outfit a Western female is expected to wear in the Arab world.

Last edited:
I love the color of this dress on her....but it looks like a house dress/house coat.

LaRae

I look at that and think: one of her hostesses (wife of one of the men) allowed her to go through their closets to pick something out. ;) If so, what fun! If not so, not sure what she was thinking. JMO.

[EDIT: I think the 'dress' is suppose to have pants/slacks, maybe silky, with it. The 'dress' looks more like a long tunic (for a taller or larger woman) than a stand alone dress, though that is the way she is wearing it. Just a thought.]

Last edited:

I really like this, the colour is fabulous on her. I also like that she changes her shoes to flats, I shiver when royal ladies clamber about rough terrain in their stilettos, even when pregnant.
I have a feeling the dress is either by a local designer or inspired by the region. Keeping in mind that we have no idea what kind of dresses the hostesses wear under their abaya.

What happened to the whole conservative thing If she is showing her chest?
The top doesn't fit on this either.

What happened to the whole conservative thing If she is showing her chest?

Same thought crossed my mind. :flowers: First picture she's swathed neck to ankle, then this. What? ;)

The top doesn't fit on this either.

Not sure what you're saying here, Frelinghighness. But I do have a puzzlement moment when I look at it. It's not a dress in my book. It's a tunic, and needs pants. ;) JMO.

I honestly don't get what is immodest about this. Yes its showing some skin below the neck but definitely nothing that wouldn't be called modest. You don't have to be covered head to toe to be modest.

The color is beautiful and it is a lovely nod to the country. :flowers:

But I agree it looks like a tunic, and looks like should have trousers under. Not because its short, its actually a nice knee length. But just the over all style.

I don't see anything immodest about the neckline. It is not low cut, and there is absolutely no cleavage showing.

I'm not really getting a tunic-y vibe myself, but I can see how some of you are. I adore the color and the style, both on Stephanie and just in general.

Stephanie's jacket is beautiful - love the color, style, and fit. Also love her purse & earrings, the shoes look old lady to me (the little I could see of them). I don't think that I have ever seen her hair loose; I like it.

Lovely!! Lovely colors and nice hair!!

Very sharp. :flowers: Nice, sleek look. I think. Hair went up between shots. ;) Better up. Like her earrings.
I have to agree. I think she gave it a try and decided it got in the way. I think having her hair down is best left for private times unless it's been saturated in product and an immovable object. :D

Actually, Stephanie is one of the royals whose hair styling I really admire but it seems that she has cut rather a lot off and without the added weight it has become flyaway. Never fear, she has the means to tame it before it became an annoying issue and you have to give her props for that.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...6Ff-hdkwF9Ds0WZEIm-75CPHQb91EAyokheYI50qdkI0g

I believe that unlike many other royal ladies (Mary, Catherine, Maxima, etc. ), Stephanie doesn’t travel with a hairdresser. I think she does a good job on her own for these trips, if understandably a bit boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom