Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is on her head :eek: I usually love her styling even if not her clothes, but I want to rip the thing off. Looks like one of those horrible big bow headbands some people put on babies before they have hair.

I love the outfit though. Fantastic color on her and style.

Last edited:
Love the outfit but not the head thing.

LaRae

The ensemble was fine. While the headpiece was unflattering, the hairstyle was perfect.

Last edited:

This head thing either came at the suggestion of a stylist, and was OK when she walked out the door, only to slip down her forehead in transit. OR
she burned her forehead with the curling iron and had to cover it up.

Either way. Poor thing. :sad:

Stephanie looks gorgeous and I actually quite like her headpiece. It's not too garish and is quite subtle.

I've never been a fan of these 'bandage' fascinators that are so popular among the BeNeLux ladies.

This red one is absolutely one of the worst, mostly due to the positioning. Maybe if Stephanie wore it at the back of her head, like Victoria & Madeleine wore theirs at christenings, it would look better.

Second b&w outfit looks pretty good.

Except for the red hair piece, she looks very good. Could have gotten a slimmer,fit on the red jacket but the dress and especially the intricate hairdo was a winner. The black and white outfit at dinner was just perfect, as was her hair and make up

The red blazer + white dress is ok. Beautiful hair...under the unfortunate donut/wrapping. Is it a Fabienne Delvigne design?

May 4th institutional dinner at Berg Castle:
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...ent/287_Diner_institutionnel_gouvernement.JPG
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...ent/330_Diner_institutionnel_gouvernement.JPG
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...ent/395_Diner_institutionnel_gouvernement.JPG

Nice top and hair.

Great black and white oufit :flowers: And I love the hair ?

I like the outfit with the headband - very 1920s, the whole outfit puts me in mind of Suzanne Lenglen.
I approve :)

Ok so here's my take on her outfits. First, if you are going 1920's flapper type headgear, then you might need to go 1920's outfit to match. I would have loved to have seen a really great trilby (maybe white with a read band) with this blazer and skirt. And will someone please burn those open toed white shoes, just awful. The black and white at the reception is very nice on her. Her hair and makeup are lovely on both occasions.

:previous:The headband would have been okay, chic even-if it had not been so thick. I thought it looked like she was wearing a turban at first.:ohmy:

And yes I agree 100%. If she was going for the flapper look it would have been more successful if she'd gone all the way.;)

Last edited:
The red and white outfit is lovely but Good Lord above who told HGD Stephanie to wear that awful red headband :eek:

:previous: In all fairness, I believe the front has slipped a little lower than it should be. However, behind the bloody red bandage is a stunning updo and it really rips my ration book that we can't see all of it!

Even on her worst day, she can usually be relied on to feed the hairstyle brigade and satisfy the most trenchant of both updo or loose hair fanatics. That in itself is really, really rare.

Very pretty dress, the cut and the color with the nice trailing flowers really suits her from the one picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom