Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 8: February 2017- June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard work dress but I really like the yellow. Fits her nicely and is in sync with her husband' tie.

Very pretty dress. Lovely color for event. Her hair looks great as always. I even kind of like her fascinator :flowers:

She continues keeping up her game. Not as great as some of her looks last few weeks but still really lovely and fitting. And appropriate for religious event.

Cute dress. It fits well. Love the sleeves.

Nice, I quite like it on her.

LaRae

There has been a great turn about in her fashion. She's looking so much better and her outfits appear to be a good fit now. Hope it continues

Yes I agree rob...the past 2 weeks or so have been a huge improvement, may it continue!

LaRae

These days Stephanie is so much more fun to watch. This was another good appearance and I especially liked her hair. She finally looks her age and not some woman in her 50s. May this improved style continue!

I thought Stephanie's ensemble was quite lovely when I saw the shot taken in the street but with one exception. I really didn't like Stephanie's fascinator! Okay, I loathed it and thought it looked like a flat, featureless blob. Imagine my surprise when I saw the photo of her on the balcony.

There it was, a perfect fascinator for such an occasion and better yet, perched atop a wonderful updo! I think it was the glare of the sun that was to blame for that initial impression. These two photos show a wonderfully flattering work of art. Everything a fascinator should be, doing everything a fascinator should do.

Stephanie's ensemble from top to toe was yet another hit. Keep it up, Stephanie. We're having fun.

:previous: Agree. The view of her left was meh. But from her right and the back that fascinator was fascinating. :lol:

I thought Stephanie's ensemble was quite lovely when I saw the shot taken in the street but with one exception. I really didn't like Stephanie's fascinator! Okay, I loathed it and thought it looked like a flat, featureless blob. Imagine my surprise when I saw the photo of her on the balcony.

There it was, a perfect fascinator for such an occasion and better yet, perched atop a wonderful updo! I think it was the glare of the sun that was to blame for that initial impression. These two photos show a wonderfully flattering work of art. Everything a fascinator should be, doing everything a fascinator should do.

Stephanie's ensemble from top to toe was yet another hit. Keep it up, Stephanie. We're having fun.

I have read from a Luxembourger who was there on the street witnessing the Procession that the dress was a more vibrant yellow and lovelier in person. She also said Stephanie is much slimmer than she photographs. I share your hatred of fascinators but I think the HGD looked perfectly lovely.

I agree...it's becoming so much fun watching her. I think she will win the Fashion Poll for May 8-14th...for the second week in a row!

Who can believe it?;)

what a change lately in clothing for stephanie! she totally stepped up her game.

i liked her yellow / cream ensemble for the octave, and the fact that she wore the hat done for her by one of the artists in the exhibition of luxembourgish creative talent she supports. the jumpsuit was not my cup of tea, but it certainly was different and i like it for that! the lovely white cannes gala dress was a great choice - loved it on victoria and now on stephanie. stylish without being too much, so perfect for an understated stephanie.

Lovely!!!! Nice dress, beautiful color, flatter her very!

I agree, very nice dress on her. What has happened the last couple of weeks? I like almost everything she has worn during the last month or so. Is there a new stylist in the background?

That such a pretty dress she is wearing, suits her well. I like how its a lace dress but it isn't fitted, it has a nice flare which she wears well.

Very nice dress. It's a good color for her, fits well.

the dress isn't my cup of tea, i think there's too much going on with all that lace and the bubblegum pink colour, apart from the fact that the neckline looks awkward and unflattering. but it is great to see stephanie exploring with new styles in any case!

One thing I appreciate about the HGD is that she is not afraid to experiment with color. She sometimes finds a color that is very lovely and flattering for her like that lovely peach/rose dress to greet the President and First Lady of Portugal.

I don't really care much for lace dresses as a rule(there are some exceptions!) but I think Stephanie has continued her win streak with this very pretty spring frock.

Well done! :)

Lovely color and style ...just needs to be a little more fitted or tailored at the waist ..the busy lace pattern covers it up and makes her look a little boxy.

LaRae

Could anyone please kindly identify the Portuguese orders that are being worn ? Thank you.

Per Luxarazzi: Tiara Watch: State Banquet for Portuguese President
To give you a run-down of the variety of sashs on display: While the Portuguese President received Luxembourg's highest order, the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau, the members of the Grand Ducal Family received various Portuguese orders. The Order of Liberty for Grand Duke Henri, the Order of Prince Henry for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, what looks like the Order of Aviz for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and the Order of Merit for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie. The Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duke also wore the medal of the Gold Lion.

Last edited:
I don't mind the color...but I cannot really tell much about the dress from that pic.

LaRae

I am not sure about the tiara but I suspect it is either the small flower tiara or the new butterfly tiara?

:previous:I really hope it's not the Butterfly! It's my least favorite of all the GD Ducal tiaras...it reminds me of something a student would make in 8th grade arts and crafts.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom