Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 8: February 2017- June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is really fun, but her legs look much wider and bigger than they actually are. Sleek, perhaps cropped with a heel and she'd look like a million bucks.

I agree with this. :flowers: Particularly if they were gathered at the ankle, with some jewelry, like a clasp, very snazzy.

EDIT: But then it wouldn't be 'her'. She's really unique. I like her the way she is.

Last edited:
These pants don't look as wide to me as a lot of her others have. I think it's an improvement. She pulls off the bright pink color really well.

I love her white top. Super cute.

I hope Kate doesn't take a page from her. Sometimes Stephanie dresses fine, but at other times her outfits aren't tailored well and look a bit messy. She's just not really that stylish.

I'm not a fan of the red dress she wore during Kate's visit. The color is lovely, but I don't care for the ruffles. The green dress is nice, but the matching shoes and purse are a big fat no. The white coat is really pretty though.

Agreed completely. Stephanie's clothes often look like a mess- and far from them being "younger", I often find the wide pants, loose blouses and messy jackets quite aging

My only point in saying I would like to see her in a style similar to Kate's Emila Wickstead is that I think the silhouette would be far more flattering than most of what Stephanie wears and the tailoring would certainly be better.

I've gotta say, I'm starting to dislike the word matronly. It's used way too often to describe styles that I've seen on plenty of younger women.

Stephanie's latest outfit is not good. The top is really cute, but those pants...the style, color and fit are terrible.

I think the issue I have is readers seeming to think it's an insult. That we are criticizing the wearer. That we call it matronly because of who wears it.

I can honestly say if I saw my colleagues, friends, cousins, neighbors in their thirties I'm the same dress, I'd think the same thing.

That's the thing about fashion. Not everyone is going to like it. Suits from the 60s and lace that looks like grandmas doilies is not modern or stylish on anyone IMO.

You don't need to wear a sixties silhouette to look tailored. Those pants would be great if tailored. As for red ruffles matter of opinion. We see when MM wears similar, it's a toss on who will like and who won't.

Hopefully in five to ten years when she is the age of mathilde or even Sophie, she will embrace the more age appropriate silhouettes they enjoy now.

I've gotta say, I'm starting to dislike the word matronly. It's used way too often to describe styles that I've seen on plenty of younger women.

Stephanie's latest outfit is not good. The top is really cute, but those pants...the style, color and fit are terrible.

Some use the word as unflattering (box jacket, ill-fitting pants matched with a boxy coat etc), frumpy outfit and some use it as not age appropriate, so I guess it depends on the individual and the way they use the word.

I personally try not to use the word unless the outfit is not age appropriate. I personally don't see anything wrong with the word.

I would never use the word ugly to describe an outfit but some people do.

In response to other comments,
Stephanies pants, I dont see them making her wider than she is, I think they are a bit too long but other than that, a good fit for her.

Agreed completely. Stephanie's clothes often look like a mess- and far from them being "younger", I often find the wide pants, loose blouses and messy jackets quite aging

My only point in saying I would like to see her in a style similar to Kate's Emila Wickstead is that I think the silhouette would be far more flattering than most of what Stephanie wears and the tailoring would certainly be better.
That is like comparing apples and pears. Stephanie has a larger bust, a smaller bust and larger hips, a classic hourglass figure. Fortunately, she also has quite long legs, whereas Catherine's build is more like a runway model, tall, willowy and not that much delineation between her bust and hips which is why she wears high-waisted clothes so much.

Emila Wickstead works for Catherine because she designs clothes for women of her stature. Stephanie is more Eli Saab, having a more overtly womanly shape.

who is stephanie's green dress by? i really like it, great choice for her.

I think the issue I have is readers seeming to think it's an insult. That we are criticizing the wearer. That we call it matronly because of who wears it.

No, I don't consider it an insult. I just don't think that many of the styles that people call matronly, are actually matronly. Like I said earlier, some of the outfits that are labeled that, are things that I see people my age and younger wearing.

Some use the word as unflattering (box jacket, ill-fitting pants matched with a boxy coat etc), frumpy outfit and some use it as not age appropriate, so I guess it depends on the individual and the way they use the word.

I personally try not to use the word unless the outfit is not age appropriate. I personally don't see anything wrong with the word.

I don't see anything wrong with the word either. I just think it's used way too often and I get confused when I see it used on an outfit that I would never consider matronly. But your point about people having different meanings for it, would explain why it's used so often.

I agree that the wide pants and jackets just don't flatter her. She needs to continue wearing things (like the last two dresses) that are tailored/fit better.

Last edited:
Stephanie looks lovely in green, and Guillame's arm around her shoulder is adorable and sweet. I also love the matching bag & shoes, and her jewelry. I hate when necklaces get caught around the bust; it has happened to me many times, but at least I did not have an army of photographers to record it. :ohmy:

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-guillaume-of-luxembourg-picture-id684218292

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-guillaume-of-luxembourg-picture-id684218362

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 17: Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg attend the 'Ismael's Ghosts (Les Fantomes d'Ismael)' screening and Opening Gala during the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 17, 2017 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Gisela Schober/Getty Images)

Now thats a look! She should shop more at Ralph Lauren.

'Ismael's Ghosts (Les Fantomes d'Ismael)' and Opening Gala Red Carpet Arrivals - The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival - Zimbio

Better look on her hair and earrings

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow...Stephanie is on a roll! I agree Furstin Taxis she should visit Mr. Lauren's atelier more often. And look at those enormous ruby and diamond earrings!!!:eek:

Could it be? Has the HGD finally located her inner fashionista?!;)

She looks just beautiful! The dress fits her perfectly. Lovely.

As always, her hair, make up and jewelry are perfect.

She looks incredible. I'm tempted to call it her best look ever. The dress is great on her, this clean lines style suits her and so does white colour. I'm drooling about the earrings and hair.

OMG. Wow. That is the best Stephanie has looked since her wedding.

:previous: :lol: Every other month someone says "that's the best she has looked since her wedding!" but I agree with you DanyT...this Cannes Film Festival appearance is one of Stephanie's personal bests.

She looks especially stunning compared to some of the overdressed vulgar starlets and models on the walkway.

And I am speechless over those earrings and that jeweled clutch.:ohmy: Are they from the Grand Ducal collection, I wonder?

Last edited:
Fantastic dress! Not the most exciting for Cannes, but one I don't doubt she'll enjoy wearing on many more occassions. It's a classic. Those earrings though. Major love for them!

Last edited:
Oh wow...Stephanie is on a roll! I agree Furstin Taxis she should visit Mr. Lauren's atelier more often. And look at those enormous ruby and diamond earrings!!!:eek:

Could it be? Has the HGD finally located her inner fashionista?!;)

Who is this and what did she do with Stephanie????

We've had hit after hit for days and days now! Maybe all our thoughts have gotten thru..or someone she knows reads the group? <G>

This is just about perfect! Style, color, accessories! She better be on the fashion poll for the group next week!!!!

LaRae

I hope someone can ID those earrings and provide close ups...they appear to be stunning!

She had some serious bling on last week too..those big aquamarine (I think) stones...hmmm breaking out the wedding gifts or are they family pieces??

LaRae

There is a close up at Luxarazzi but the article just says that they are "new".:whistling:

She's going to give Kate a run for her money if she continues as is.

LaRae

On how to work killer Royal hair and jewels if nothing else!;)

Every since the birthday party ..she has just killed it. The green dress yesterday (although the earrings were a miss for me) was great for her. I don't think she's worn anything I don't like for the past week. It's a new record. I'm really excited..I hope she's turned over a new leaf...her wedding gown was so perfect...she's finally appearing to get back into line with that level of clothing.

I am normally not a fan of white ...this Cannes dress is gorgeous on her. She doesn't even look plump anymore.

LaRae

She was fantastic!!!!! Keep going Stephanie!!!!

Calvin Klein(along with Giorgio Armani) is known for clean, classic no fuss lines. He can hide/minimize any figure flaws. I would love it if the HGD started working with him more often.

She (or more to the point her husband) can certainly afford it.

Last edited:
Amazing! Love her dress, hair, and jewelry.

Stephanie's style has been inconsistent so it's easy to forget her good/great moments since the meh/bad outfits tends to stand out. I'm looking forward to Octave, Portugal's state visit, and National Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom