Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 8: February 2017- June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This woman is lovely. Fresh, natural and soft. Sometimes her outfit looks good, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't matter because her light shines anyway.

Another winner. Good color on her. Stephanie has really had her A game all week. I wish I could get a closer look at her hair. It looks lovely from what I can see. Her purse and shoes match; from what I can see of the design, it's really cute.

The dress is cute, the hairstyle exquisite as almost always. But those shoes...I don't understand? Unless Stephanie is wearing them for comfort alone?:sad:

Last edited:
This woman is lovely. Fresh, natural and soft. Sometimes her outfit looks good, sometimes it doesn't. But it doesn't matter because her light shines anyway.

I absolutely agree with this! Of the "married-ins", she is the most naturally lovely - beautiful face & hair, very nice figure. And, yes, she does have a light that shines through that I have really seen only with QEII, Princess Victoria, Maxima, Camilla, Sophie Wessex, and Mathilde. They all seem to be genuine. Stephanie is a gem, and you hit upon exactly why I like her so much :flowers:

That green dress is gorgeous!

I recently watched a youtube video of HGD Stephanie in Paris, speaking to a reporter for Paris Match who was interviewing her at a museum. The reporter was smaller than the HGD, who had to stoop slightly to make eye contact. The camera was on HRH from her left side, and Stephanie was speaking French in a sort of low, husky voice full of both confidence and warmth. Her husband stood quietly and proudly to the side...it just struck me that this young woman is really a prize, just exquisite. Her skin was was glowing and could be seen to full effect with her hair pulled back. In profile she just seemed so "old school" lovely. Not the type of modern movie screen beauty that takes ones' breath away like Charlotte Casiraghi, but a quiet loveliness that grows on you if you see her in action and pay close attention.

Which is why I become so frustrated that she doesn't play up her features and is occasionally careless with her appearance. In full bloom she is really very special.

Last edited:
Besides her first gown in Norway, Stephanie has done great lately.

I love this dress. Beautiful late spring color. I also love the white coat :flowers:

Her hair is beautifully done as usual and great accessories.

The red dress is very beautiful and refined. She looked great.

Stephanie looks beautiful in the red dress and the green one as well. Love these looks.

I absolutely agree with this! Of the "married-ins", she is the most naturally lovely - beautiful face & hair, very nice figure. And, yes, she does have a light that shines through that I have really seen only with QEII, Princess Victoria, Maxima, Camilla, Sophie Wessex, and Mathilde. They all seem to be genuine. Stephanie is a gem, and you hit upon exactly why I like her so much :flowers:

That green dress is gorgeous!

Agree on your choices, QueenPenny! :flowers:

BTW Stephanie genuinely seemed delighted to have Catherine come visit. :flowers:

I like the green dress! She's done well this week- bold colors, nice cuts.

I couldn't help but imagine how good she'd look in coat dresses similar to Kate's Emilia Wickstead when I saw them next to each other- I hope she explores that style/shape- I think it would be great on her.

:previous: Please no. We already have one thirty something year old dressing in clothes not out if places on Sophie Wessex. If Kate chooses to dress in that style at her age great, it's at least appropriate. But no need for others to follow suit. She has shown when her clothes are tailored properly, they are appropriate and some quite fashionable. I love she experiments in colors, prints, accessories while still quite modest and appropriate. Doesn't need a new style, simply a tailor.

Stephanie at the Luxembourg Pavilion of the 57th Biennial of Contemporary Art in Venice on May 12th. I like it.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/9817/9817-NTQY4JjJlRusZodSeQbCHw.jpg
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/9817/9817-BDfcs0IkJSNTtAGhk1t7Cg.jpg
I love the green dress as Stephanie is one of the few that can get away with wearing green without the green obliterating the style and fit.

Her white coat is lovely and her handbag and matching shoes are fun accessories. But her hair is what crowns her 'look', no pun intended. It finishes both the red and green dresses with an elegance missing in Catherine. Needless to say, her lovely serene smile and the way she seems just so comfortable in her own skin is priceless.

The red dress - I dont care for the ruffles but she pulled it off well. The color is such a great shade on her IMO and the hairdo was a winner.

Venice look - Beautiful green dress!

I liked the red and green dress she looked nice.

She doesn't need any help dressing older than she is she does that all on her own.

:previous: Please no. We already have one thirty something year old dressing in clothes not out if places on Sophie Wessex. If Kate chooses to dress in that style at her age great, it's at least appropriate. But no need for others to follow suit. She has shown when her clothes are tailored properly, they are appropriate and some quite fashionable. I love she experiments in colors, prints, accessories while still quite modest and appropriate. Doesn't need a new style, simply a tailor.

there's a 2 year difference between Stephanie and Kate. It's not that big of a deal.

I generally like Stephanie's style. It's not always things I would wear, but that's true of all the women.

The red dress she wore was just wonderful. A good style for her.

I like seeing Kate and Stephanie together. They're close in age and probably have an easier interaction with each other since they're almost the same age. Great to see them together.

there's a 2 year difference between Stephanie and Kate. It's not that big of a deal.

I generally like Stephanie's style. It's not always things I would wear, but that's true of all the women.

The red dress she wore was just wonderful. A good style for her.

Yes, two years especially at their age is no big deal.

Stephanie is Kate's contemporary age wise. And the difference in dress is even more evident. Kate tends to dress more like sophie Wessex is her contemporary. Sadly there are pieces in her wardrobe Camilla wouldn't look too young in.

That's Kate's fashion choice fine. But certainly no need to wish her style on Stephanie. When her clothes are tailored, she dresses fresh and age appropriate while still appropriate. Kate doesn't need to be a fashion role model.

I'd actually love if Kate took a page from her. Hair styles. Great accessories. Kate tends to rely on jewelry, we never see her experiment with accessories.

I hope Kate doesn't take a page from her. Sometimes Stephanie dresses fine, but at other times her outfits aren't tailored well and look a bit messy. She's just not really that stylish.

I'm not a fan of the red dress she wore during Kate's visit. The color is lovely, but I don't care for the ruffles. The green dress is nice, but the matching shoes and purse are a big fat no. The white coat is really pretty though.

Kate is in Vanity Fair's fashion hall of fame. I pray to God she doesn't try to emulate Stephanie's style.

Stephanie gets about one outfit in ten right, the others are just a mess most of the time.

Kate is only in the hall of fame because of who she is. If she was miss smith, no one would give her a second look walking down the street.

I don't mean wearing her clothes. But dressing her age. Instead of trying to look like Jackie O and coming off dressing a decade at least older than she is. May not work out, but Stephanie at least tries.

Sorry but if these were two normal woman working in an office, who would be dressed like the other women their age ? Stephanie. Colors, styles. Trying new hairstyles instead of sausage curls. Different scarves, necklaces, accessories. Not thinking your accessories always have to be actual jewelry.

The style suits Kate's personality so fine. But no need to wish her matronly style on others.

Most of her looks are actually good. The problem is the tailoring. We should be wishing a tailor, not that she joins Kate in grandmas closet.

Her most recent look perfect example she needs a tailor.

Princess Stephanie and Prince Guillaume visited Venetian Arsenal | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

I love the top. Cute top, hair and sunglasses :flowers:

The pink pants would actually be great except way too baggy like her black.

Ah, back to the usual wide pants. I like the repeated white top and tied back hair (no clip!). At least the pants are a bright color.

Stephanie and Kate don't need to copy each other's style exactly. How about simply trading some tips? Tailoring and slimmer pants (not skinny/leggings) for Stephanie. Accessories and a bit wider pants for Kate.

Oh, well, Stephanie is back to her usual wide pants but this time they are of bright pink color and match perfectly with her white top. Its more youthful and fresher look this way. I like it!

I like it! Nice spring outfit!!

:previous: I think it's a great look for Stephanie, better still it looks like a fun ensemble and very age appropriate. Her hairstyle looks great, she's wearing cute flat shoes and carrying a handbag that I personally wouldn't say no to.

I like her top and the way it falls and her pants seem to be quite fitting in places. If you have an hour-glass figure which Stephanie does, it often includes a sway back which means the waistband can slip down at the back and make the pants 'bloom' around the thighs.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FSyBECIS...23MKcbRxL_ACLcB/s595/Princess-Stephanie-1.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dvlqaD6r...x8Mjll4-orQCLcB/s595/Princess-Stephanie-6.jpg

The color of her pants are a bit too bright and not a color I would guess she would wear but she wore it well. Matched with the white blouse, it looked great IMO.

She looks great in the pink and white outfit! I like that she wears bright colors.

The color is really fun, but her legs look much wider and bigger than they actually are. Sleek, perhaps cropped with a heel and she'd look like a million bucks.

I've gotta say, I'm starting to dislike the word matronly. It's used way too often to describe styles that I've seen on plenty of younger women.

Stephanie's latest outfit is not good. The top is really cute, but those pants...the style, color and fit are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom