The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

excellent summary. She doesn't have to be fashionable, just well groomed. Since this is a fashion thread, and all we are discussing is her appearance and the clothes she wears, it is perfectly acceptable to say that she dresses like a woman twenty years older, that her clothed are ill fitting, and that her mother in law has a better appearance than she. All of these comments have been made over and over again by many members. For some reason, some members seem to attribute all kinds of attributes to her often careless regard for her public appearances

Old 04-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Majesty

I think Stephanie has one of the sweetest smiles in the business however that does not compensate for her strangely ill-fitting wardrobe. I find myself applauding every time she hits the mark but, to be honest, she's hitting it less and less, when it should by now be more and more.

To make things worse, it seems she is using a hairdresser less and less and it is not a good look at all. Her hair on the last tour was a disaster with flyaway bits around her face whereas it used to be her one big saving grace. Her gorgeous day and evening updos as well as wearing her hair loose made for an immaculate finish, as indeed did her makeup.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks MARG . I saw her at the late Queen Fabiola's Funeral. She has a Porcelain skin. She is not as Kate , Madeleine, Tessy etc..
She is coming from a belgian old nobility Family, where Fashion was the most important.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Majesty

(..)

What's frustrating is that her assets...beautiful legs, an incomparable complexion, great head of hair and a dazzlingly sweet smile, are not being shown to advantage.

I do not think she is a complete disaster at fashion-more like hit and miss. And since this IS a fashion thread people are going to comment obviously.

But the thing about Stephanie is that her fashion sense is the only area where I don't give her rave reviews. As a young woman I find her very impressive in general. She appears calm and self possessed beyond her years and she is obviously extremely bright, well read and cultured. She doesn't show off, rip off the tax payers by spending frivolously, or have a family or a background that needs to be covered up or straight up lied about because it's so unseemly. Her husband seems to adore her.

As I posted earlier, none of her school mates or contemporaries have come forth to report incidents of unkind or arrogant behavior either before or since her grand wedding.

All those things(to me at least)more than make up for lackluster fashion sense .

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Many good points has already been made here. One that I agree with is that it's very strange that her clothes (and sometimes also underwear of different kind) seems to be not fitted to suit her. It's one thing to not care that much about fashion. Not everyone is into that (I'm usually one of them), and that's fine. But to wear things that seem strange, like big and baggy pants or coats that seem to be too tight, that's puzzling to me. There is no question that there are tailoring resources available. I have no idea why she doesn't use them. But as others have said, she seems to be a very sound and nice person, so she gets away with a lot of things just because she is who she is.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:35 AM
Administrator

As always we don't discuss weight issues here! Please stay on topic of this thread, which is fashion only, further off-topic posts and comments will be removed!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Majesty

HGD Stephanie at the baptism of Prince Liam

This is the best picture so far.

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cms...665125419a.jpg
Old 04-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Nobility

From what I can see of the dress, it looks nice. Yellow is a good color on her and the flared sleeves are lovely.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Majesty

I love Stephanie's hair when she wears the side sweep pony tail, very youthful and pretty.

The yellow dress with flared sleeves is perfect for spring. Her husband seems to have matched her with his tie.

Also, this is the first time I can remember seeing her in wedge heels!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-25-2017, 10:44 PM
Majesty

The dress is a beautiful color and I love the sleeves

Her hair is wonderful in the side swept look

Maybe it's the photo, but the skirt does seem a tad short here, especially at a baptism in the Vatican. Maybe just me or angle.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:07 AM
Gentry

Maybe, just maybe, she's not comfortable with herself and being in the spotlight?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

HGD Stephanie at the opening of "Révélations" exhibition in Paris on May 3rd:
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...s/GL3_1910.jpg
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...s/GL3_1821.jpg

Paule Ka purse and shoes (I'm guessing the pink dress under the coat is also Paule Ka)
Coat was worn in 2014 to South Korea
Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post

Paule Ka purse and shoes (I'm guessing the pink dress under the coat is also Paule Ka)
Very nice.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post

Love this coat/outfit. This is one of her best looks! The coat is a great cut for her. The shoes I'm not so crazy about but I can overlook those.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Nobility

The coat is nice and fits her well.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Oooh...elegant! She looks lovely, perfect in fact. I adore that cream colored coat.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Courtier

I love the coat too & wish we could see the dress she is wearing underneath it.

Not crazy about having both the ankle strap and slingback on her shoes, but they are cute in their own way. They look better on than in the picture of them alone. I like her purse.

She looks very elegant and polished.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Very lovely!! She looking great!!
Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the outfit! She looks very pretty. Does she wear her engagement ring on the right?
Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Majesty

Wow she looks great

The coat is beautiful and fits perfectly. Styling as usual is on point