The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Majesty

The black/white dress is right up my alley

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Nobility

I was thinking the same thing Moonmaiden23!

I like the yellow & white outfit a lot too, now that I have seen a full length picture.

I think Stephanie needs better foundation garments. She's a lovely woman, and a professional bra fitting could really benefit her.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy to see a full pic of the yellow? Confirms my earlier like of it

I quite like the black and white. Pretty dress and earrings. I even like the ciat but the arms need shortening.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry but the yellow top is horrible, ill-fitted and the fabric far too heavy for the white skirt. And yes, a good bra/spanx would help.
http://www.ltgov.wa.gov/wp-content/u...xembourg-2.jpg
Old 04-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Majesty

In comparison with the previous ensembles, this particular one is all right.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is not a fashion figure. She is a lovely and well accomplished person.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Hi COUNTESS! I was thinking of you recently and wondering when we would see you on the Forum again.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with COUNTESS!!! She may not be as fashionable as the other CP's but it's not her job to look like she just she just finished a Vogue fashion shoot.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

She doesn't have to be fashionable, just look as though her unfashionable clothes fit well and she has the proper foundation garments. The black and white dress was an improvement over the wide pants, but the black coat was about two sizes too large. The sleeves are so long you can barely see her hands.
The duke,s face looks very red in the photos, I wonder if it is sunburn or something else.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She is not a fashion figure. She is a lovely and well accomplished person.
Agree 100%. I think people are too caught up in how clothes photograph. That's a job in itself to get all the 'bits' right for the camera in any and all lighting conditions, etc. It's not as easy (or quick) as some may think. It's time consuming, seriously. I find Stephanie a breath of fresh air, like from an older time. Love her!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I agree with COUNTESS!!! She may not be as fashionable as the other CP's but it's not her job to look like she just she just finished a Vogue fashion shoot.
Absolutely agree. The previous generation of Royals was this way. Properly dressed, according to circumstances, but not fashion catwalk oriented. Stéphanie is like this, classy, nice and doing her task. And her task is not fashion. Full stop.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Nobody has she has to be a clothes horse, but one can expect from a royal to wear clothes that fit - even more so since the taxpayer pays for them - and look neat not if as just rolled out of bed etc etc. There have been various occasions where Stephanie didn't even meet such creteria, we've been here before.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nobody has she has to be a clothes horse, but one can expect from a royal to wear clothes that fit - even more so since the taxpayer pays for them - and look neat not if as just rolled out of bed etc etc. There have been various occasions where Stephanie didn't even meet such creteria, we've been here before.
Sounds unpleasant phrased that way. I assume you mean that the royal is paid a salary out of which the royal person purchases clothes? Audrey Hepburn she is not, but even Hepburn hit some misses and kept with the misses all her life. Everyone is themselves. We should honor that, and prize Stephanie's uniqueness. JMO.

It's impossible to address all the layers of your post but just to say no one owns anyone. Stephanie is unique, like several royal men are unique and who do not get the upset that Stephanie seems to get around the same issue of clothing. Double standard looks like to me. Would you agree?
Old 04-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

As people are quick to defend Kate on her clothes spending, pointing out its not tax payer money, same goes for Stephanie. The Lux royaks get one if not the smallest stipend of European royals. And it covers visits like castle upkeep, travel, and more. Money for her questionable wardrobe, like that of Kate, comes from the extensive personal wealth.

Now if the people of their country want to complain they aren't doing enough work. Or doing a bad job representing them. Then the people of Luxembourg can certainly complain about how their tax money is spent.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

We only discuss fashion here, not the capability of a person. For me Stephanie is one of the worst dressed royals, very often wearing badly fitted clothes, making unfortunate choices of outfits for the events she attends, including hairstyles.
My opinion is nothing out of the blue since Stephanie's choices and the discussions about them are well documented in the fashion threads.
Regarding the taxpayers comment - I would expect royals whose institution is being state-funded to attend events properly dressed and there have been occasions in the past when in my opinion Stephanie has not hit the mark but appeared in outfits that I would not chose to wear at my workplace.
Not sure what you mean about double standards? Men usually wear suits to their events - of course there is a difference between let's say Prince Charles and Prince Frederik but with suits it's not so obvious as an ill-fitting frumpy women's outfit and women, especially those in the public eye, are unfortunate enough these days to be judged mainly for how they look and what they wear.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I would expect royals whose institution is being state-funded to attend events properly dressed and there have been occasions in the past when in my opinion Stephanie has not hit the mark but appeared in outfits that I would not chose to wear at my workplace.
I think our judgement may be highly subjective. I have looked at dresses worn by royals, both formal and informal, that garner raves because the clothes are viewed as 'modern', cutting-edge, when all I see is a mess (which I refrain from saying because it's really not my call imo). Stephanie doesn't come anywhere near the 'messes' I see happening on a routine bases elsewhere. She is fine imo. [Plus there is the significant issue of people judging a dress when it is really a picture they are judging: lighting, angle, etc.]

And as for the workplace, for sure there is rigidity there. While I believe in rigorous personal hygiene, all else is personal taste and 'should not' matter.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about double standards? Men usually wear suits to their events - of course there is a difference between let's say Prince Charles and Prince Frederik but with suits it's not so obvious as an ill-fitting frumpy women's outfit and women, especially those in the public eye, are unfortunate enough these days to be judged mainly for how they look and what they wear.
Well, you have an opportunity to not so do here on TRF. Don't judge a woman by how she looks or what she wears. Be progressive.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Part of being a royal is about how you present yourself to the public...you have to uphold the family image/name. Commenting that her clothing is often ill fitting or not well thought it is not making judgement on her as a person...it's stating what you think about how she appears in public settings in regards to her clothing.

We have fashion threads on all the royals in order to talk about how they present themselves.

LaRae
Old 04-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Has the citizen of Luxembourg complained of how Stephanie dresses? So far there hasn't been an uproar, otherwise we'd know. Outside of fit and the style of the pants that she wears, I think Stephanie is fine. As much as I love seeing the clothes that CP Mary, Queen Maxima and Kate wears, that's them. I don't expect Stephanie to wear anything that they wear.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I get that. As you know full well I frequently do. I am one of her biggest critics especially in pants.

I was responding to comments that she is spending tax payer money on clothes. And that tax payers have the right to complain how their money is being spent. Tax payers may have a lot to complain about but her clothes are not one of them. The same people who defend Kate clothing spending as it is their private funds, don't seem to extend that to Stephanie.

By all means critique her clothes. I sure as heck do. But it has nothing to do with taxes. If tax payers want to complain how money is spent, wrong thread.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

This is about her clothes, not what she is like none of us know her. We can only discuss her style or lack of one. She is royal there fore she should look the part we have no idea what the people of Luxembourg think as we don't hear from them.

She has the money too look much better than she does. Clothes that fit would go a long way in helping her appearance.

Her clothes are either too long and loose or too tight and short. A tailor could fix these problems , even if she continues to dress older than she is her clothes can look much better.

Closed Thread