The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:47 AM
Majesty

I thought Stephanie's ensemble was quite lovely when I saw the shot taken in the street but with one exception. I really didn't like Stephanie's fascinator! Okay, I loathed it and thought it looked like a flat, featureless blob. Imagine my surprise when I saw the photo of her on the balcony.

There it was, a perfect fascinator for such an occasion and better yet, perched atop a wonderful updo! I think it was the glare of the sun that was to blame for that initial impression. These two photos show a wonderfully flattering work of art. Everything a fascinator should be, doing everything a fascinator should do.

Stephanie's ensemble from top to toe was yet another hit. Keep it up, Stephanie. We're having fun.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Agree. The view of her left was meh. But from her right and the back that fascinator was fascinating.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I thought Stephanie's ensemble was quite lovely when I saw the shot taken in the street but with one exception. I really didn't like Stephanie's fascinator! Okay, I loathed it and thought it looked like a flat, featureless blob. Imagine my surprise when I saw the photo of her on the balcony.

There it was, a perfect fascinator for such an occasion and better yet, perched atop a wonderful updo! I think it was the glare of the sun that was to blame for that initial impression. These two photos show a wonderfully flattering work of art. Everything a fascinator should be, doing everything a fascinator should do.

Stephanie's ensemble from top to toe was yet another hit. Keep it up, Stephanie. We're having fun.
I have read from a Luxembourger who was there on the street witnessing the Procession that the dress was a more vibrant yellow and lovelier in person. She also said Stephanie is much slimmer than she photographs. I share your hatred of fascinators but I think the HGD looked perfectly lovely.

I agree...it's becoming so much fun watching her. I think she will win the Fashion Poll for May 8-14th...for the second week in a row!

Who can believe it?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-22-2017, 11:17 AM
Majesty

what a change lately in clothing for stephanie! she totally stepped up her game.

i liked her yellow / cream ensemble for the octave, and the fact that she wore the hat done for her by one of the artists in the exhibition of luxembourgish creative talent she supports. the jumpsuit was not my cup of tea, but it certainly was different and i like it for that! the lovely white cannes gala dress was a great choice - loved it on victoria and now on stephanie. stylish without being too much, so perfect for an understated stephanie.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

HGD Stephanie welcoming the President of Portugal on May 23rd:
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cms...c2d9250583.jpg
Old 05-23-2017, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Lovely!!!! Nice dress, beautiful color, flatter her very!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:00 AM
Courtier

I agree, very nice dress on her. What has happened the last couple of weeks? I like almost everything she has worn during the last month or so. Is there a new stylist in the background?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

That such a pretty dress she is wearing, suits her well. I like how its a lace dress but it isn't fitted, it has a nice flare which she wears well.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Nobility

Very nice dress. It's a good color for her, fits well.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Very pretty and flattering!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Majesty

the dress isn't my cup of tea, i think there's too much going on with all that lace and the bubblegum pink colour, apart from the fact that the neckline looks awkward and unflattering. but it is great to see stephanie exploring with new styles in any case!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Majesty

One thing I appreciate about the HGD is that she is not afraid to experiment with color. She sometimes finds a color that is very lovely and flattering for her like that lovely peach/rose dress to greet the President and First Lady of Portugal.

I don't really care much for lace dresses as a rule(there are some exceptions!) but I think Stephanie has continued her win streak with this very pretty spring frock.

Well done!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Lovely color and style ...just needs to be a little more fitted or tailored at the waist ..the busy lace pattern covers it up and makes her look a little boxy.

LaRae
Old 05-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
HGD Stephanie welcoming the President of Portugal on May 23rd:
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cms...c2d9250583.jpg
Beautiful!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:49 PM
Majesty

Tonight at the gala dinner for the president of Portugal

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg

I like her but i prefer her to another color
Old 05-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Could anyone please kindly identify the Portuguese orders that are being worn ? Thank you.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Could anyone please kindly identify the Portuguese orders that are being worn ? Thank you.
Per Luxarazzi: Tiara Watch: State Banquet for Portuguese President
Quote:
To give you a run-down of the variety of sashs on display: While the Portuguese President received Luxembourg's highest order, the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau, the members of the Grand Ducal Family received various Portuguese orders. The Order of Liberty for Grand Duke Henri, the Order of Prince Henry for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, what looks like the Order of Aviz for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and the Order of Merit for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie. The Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duke also wore the medal of the Gold Lion.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

So do I. Also the angle of the photo is not flattering to her figure.. I need to see another to make up my mind.

Can anyone ID the tiara Stephanie is wearing?

ETA: I have seen photos of her seated at the banquet. Her hairstyle is exquisite, very elegant up close.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Majesty

I don't mind the color...but I cannot really tell much about the dress from that pic.

LaRae
Old 05-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not sure about the tiara but I suspect it is either the small flower tiara or the new butterfly tiara?