The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Luxarazzi has better photos from the Cour, especially the green dress and her jewelry from the first day in Venice.

Luxarazzi: A Load of Pictures of Guillaume and Stéphanie in Venice

How pretty Stephanie looks, and how happy! I can't think of a better match for Guillaume, they are so sweet together.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think the issue I have is readers seeming to think it's an insult. That we are criticizing the wearer. That we call it matronly because of who wears it.
No, I don't consider it an insult. I just don't think that many of the styles that people call matronly, are actually matronly. Like I said earlier, some of the outfits that are labeled that, are things that I see people my age and younger wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Some use the word as unflattering (box jacket, ill-fitting pants matched with a boxy coat etc), frumpy outfit and some use it as not age appropriate, so I guess it depends on the individual and the way they use the word.

I personally try not to use the word unless the outfit is not age appropriate. I personally don't see anything wrong with the word.
I don't see anything wrong with the word either. I just think it's used way too often and I get confused when I see it used on an outfit that I would never consider matronly. But your point about people having different meanings for it, would explain why it's used so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Agreed completely. Stephanie's clothes often look like a mess- and far from them being "younger", I often find the wide pants, loose blouses and messy jackets quite aging

My only point in saying I would like to see her in a style similar to Kate's Emila Wickstead is that I think the silhouette would be far more flattering than most of what Stephanie wears and the tailoring would certainly be better.
I agree that the wide pants and jackets just don't flatter her. She needs to continue wearing things (like the last two dresses) that are tailored/fit better.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 AM
Majesty

The green dress and cute matching bag and shoes, not to mention the earrings and necklace is really an elegant yet fun look.

Oops, I forgot the great hair;

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gq32vtVOt...tephanie-1.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/986f08615...ovsyo3_400.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5T5qEeDtV...bon_Venise.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-603Gm2P0_...bon_Venise.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DWCU6ZIsP...bon_Venise.jpg

Who cares who's looking!
Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 AM
Nobility

Stephanie looks lovely in green, and Guillame's arm around her shoulder is adorable and sweet. I also love the matching bag & shoes, and her jewelry. I hate when necklaces get caught around the bust; it has happened to me many times, but at least I did not have an army of photographers to record it.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id684218292

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id684218362

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 17: Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg attend the 'Ismael's Ghosts (Les Fantomes d'Ismael)' screening and Opening Gala during the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 17, 2017 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Gisela Schober/Getty Images)

Now thats a look! She should shop more at Ralph Lauren.

'Ismael's Ghosts (Les Fantomes d'Ismael)' and Opening Gala Red Carpet Arrivals - The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival - Zimbio

Better look on her hair and earrings

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Oh wow...Stephanie is on a roll! I agree Furstin Taxis she should visit Mr. Lauren's atelier more often. And look at those enormous ruby and diamond earrings!!!

Could it be? Has the HGD finally located her inner fashionista?!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Nobility

She looks just beautiful! The dress fits her perfectly. Lovely.

As always, her hair, make up and jewelry are perfect.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

She looks incredible. I'm tempted to call it her best look ever. The dress is great on her, this clean lines style suits her and so does white colour. I'm drooling about the earrings and hair.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 05-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

OMG. Wow. That is the best Stephanie has looked since her wedding.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Every other month someone says "that's the best she has looked since her wedding!" but I agree with you DanyT...this Cannes Film Festival appearance is one of Stephanie's personal bests.

She looks especially stunning compared to some of the overdressed vulgar starlets and models on the walkway.

And I am speechless over those earrings and that jeweled clutch. Are they from the Grand Ducal collection, I wonder?

Old 05-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Fantastic dress! Not the most exciting for Cannes, but one I don't doubt she'll enjoy wearing on many more occassions. It's a classic. Those earrings though. Major love for them!
Old 05-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty

I don't remember ever seeing those earrings on any of the Grand Ducal women. If they are from Stephanie's personal collection I will die. That is what you call big time bling. It was very smart of whomever advised her to keep her gown as simple as possible because those kind of accessories can't take much competition!

A close up view:

Fotos und Bilder von "Ismael's Ghosts " & Opening Gala Red Carpet Arrivals - The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival | Getty Images

Old 05-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Oh wow...Stephanie is on a roll! I agree Furstin Taxis she should visit Mr. Lauren's atelier more often. And look at those enormous ruby and diamond earrings!!!

Could it be? Has the HGD finally located her inner fashionista?!
Who is this and what did she do with Stephanie????

We've had hit after hit for days and days now! Maybe all our thoughts have gotten thru..or someone she knows reads the group? <G>

This is just about perfect! Style, color, accessories! She better be on the fashion poll for the group next week!!!!

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope someone can ID those earrings and provide close ups...they appear to be stunning!

She had some serious bling on last week too..those big aquamarine (I think) stones...hmmm breaking out the wedding gifts or are they family pieces??

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Majesty

There is a close up at Luxarazzi but the article just says that they are "new".

Old 05-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

She's going to give Kate a run for her money if she continues as is.

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Majesty

On how to work killer Royal hair and jewels if nothing else!

Old 05-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Every since the birthday party ..she has just killed it. The green dress yesterday (although the earrings were a miss for me) was great for her. I don't think she's worn anything I don't like for the past week. It's a new record. I'm really excited..I hope she's turned over a new leaf...her wedding gown was so perfect...she's finally appearing to get back into line with that level of clothing.

I am normally not a fan of white ...this Cannes dress is gorgeous on her. She doesn't even look plump anymore.

LaRae
Old 05-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Majesty

She was fantastic!!!!! Keep going Stephanie!!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Majesty

Calvin Klein(along with Giorgio Armani) is known for clean, classic no fuss lines. He can hide/minimize any figure flaws. I would love it if the HGD started working with him more often.

She (or more to the point her husband) can certainly afford it.

Closed Thread