The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I hope Kate doesn't take a page from her. Sometimes Stephanie dresses fine, but at other times her outfits aren't tailored well and look a bit messy. She's just not really that stylish.

I'm not a fan of the red dress she wore during Kate's visit. The color is lovely, but I don't care for the ruffles. The green dress is nice, but the matching shoes and purse are a big fat no. The white coat is really pretty though.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate is in Vanity Fair's fashion hall of fame. I pray to God she doesn't try to emulate Stephanie's style.

Stephanie gets about one outfit in ten right, the others are just a mess most of the time.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Kate is only in the hall of fame because of who she is. If she was miss smith, no one would give her a second look walking down the street.

I don't mean wearing her clothes. But dressing her age. Instead of trying to look like Jackie O and coming off dressing a decade at least older than she is. May not work out, but Stephanie at least tries.

Sorry but if these were two normal woman working in an office, who would be dressed like the other women their age ? Stephanie. Colors, styles. Trying new hairstyles instead of sausage curls. Different scarves, necklaces, accessories. Not thinking your accessories always have to be actual jewelry.

The style suits Kate's personality so fine. But no need to wish her matronly style on others.

Most of her looks are actually good. The problem is the tailoring. We should be wishing a tailor, not that she joins Kate in grandmas closet.

Her most recent look perfect example she needs a tailor.

Princess Stephanie and Prince Guillaume visited Venetian Arsenal | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

I love the top. Cute top, hair and sunglasses

The pink pants would actually be great except way too baggy like her black.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, back to the usual wide pants. I like the repeated white top and tied back hair (no clip!). At least the pants are a bright color.

Stephanie and Kate don't need to copy each other's style exactly. How about simply trading some tips? Tailoring and slimmer pants (not skinny/leggings) for Stephanie. Accessories and a bit wider pants for Kate.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Nobility

Oh, well, Stephanie is back to her usual wide pants but this time they are of bright pink color and match perfectly with her white top. Its more youthful and fresher look this way. I like it!
Old 05-15-2017, 03:39 AM
Majesty

I like it! Nice spring outfit!!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:05 AM
Majesty

I think it's a great look for Stephanie, better still it looks like a fun ensemble and very age appropriate. Her hairstyle looks great, she's wearing cute flat shoes and carrying a handbag that I personally wouldn't say no to.

I like her top and the way it falls and her pants seem to be quite fitting in places. If you have an hour-glass figure which Stephanie does, it often includes a sway back which means the waistband can slip down at the back and make the pants 'bloom' around the thighs.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FSyBECISA...tephanie-1.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dvlqaD6r6...tephanie-6.jpg
Old 05-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The color of her pants are a bit too bright and not a color I would guess she would wear but she wore it well. Matched with the white blouse, it looked great IMO.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks great in the pink and white outfit! I like that she wears bright colors.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color is really fun, but her legs look much wider and bigger than they actually are. Sleek, perhaps cropped with a heel and she'd look like a million bucks.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've gotta say, I'm starting to dislike the word matronly. It's used way too often to describe styles that I've seen on plenty of younger women.

Stephanie's latest outfit is not good. The top is really cute, but those pants...the style, color and fit are terrible.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The color is really fun, but her legs look much wider and bigger than they actually are. Sleek, perhaps cropped with a heel and she'd look like a million bucks.
I agree with this. Particularly if they were gathered at the ankle, with some jewelry, like a clasp, very snazzy.

EDIT: But then it wouldn't be 'her'. She's really unique. I like her the way she is.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are great examples on wearing a suit with color, like pink for example.

Pink Tuxedo Pant Suit Women Pictures to Pin on Pinterest page 2 - PinsDaddy

She can wear bright colors in the way Maxima also can, it's jus that she needs a little push in a better direction
Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Nobility

These pants don't look as wide to me as a lot of her others have. I think it's an improvement. She pulls off the bright pink color really well.

I love her white top. Super cute.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I hope Kate doesn't take a page from her. Sometimes Stephanie dresses fine, but at other times her outfits aren't tailored well and look a bit messy. She's just not really that stylish.

I'm not a fan of the red dress she wore during Kate's visit. The color is lovely, but I don't care for the ruffles. The green dress is nice, but the matching shoes and purse are a big fat no. The white coat is really pretty though.

Agreed completely. Stephanie's clothes often look like a mess- and far from them being "younger", I often find the wide pants, loose blouses and messy jackets quite aging

My only point in saying I would like to see her in a style similar to Kate's Emila Wickstead is that I think the silhouette would be far more flattering than most of what Stephanie wears and the tailoring would certainly be better.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I've gotta say, I'm starting to dislike the word matronly. It's used way too often to describe styles that I've seen on plenty of younger women.

Stephanie's latest outfit is not good. The top is really cute, but those pants...the style, color and fit are terrible.
I think the issue I have is readers seeming to think it's an insult. That we are criticizing the wearer. That we call it matronly because of who wears it.

I can honestly say if I saw my colleagues, friends, cousins, neighbors in their thirties I'm the same dress, I'd think the same thing.

That's the thing about fashion. Not everyone is going to like it. Suits from the 60s and lace that looks like grandmas doilies is not modern or stylish on anyone IMO.

You don't need to wear a sixties silhouette to look tailored. Those pants would be great if tailored. As for red ruffles matter of opinion. We see when MM wears similar, it's a toss on who will like and who won't.

Hopefully in five to ten years when she is the age of mathilde or even Sophie, she will embrace the more age appropriate silhouettes they enjoy now.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Some use the word as unflattering (box jacket, ill-fitting pants matched with a boxy coat etc), frumpy outfit and some use it as not age appropriate, so I guess it depends on the individual and the way they use the word.

I personally try not to use the word unless the outfit is not age appropriate. I personally don't see anything wrong with the word.

I would never use the word ugly to describe an outfit but some people do.

In response to other comments,
Stephanies pants, I dont see them making her wider than she is, I think they are a bit too long but other than that, a good fit for her.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Agreed completely. Stephanie's clothes often look like a mess- and far from them being "younger", I often find the wide pants, loose blouses and messy jackets quite aging

My only point in saying I would like to see her in a style similar to Kate's Emila Wickstead is that I think the silhouette would be far more flattering than most of what Stephanie wears and the tailoring would certainly be better.
That is like comparing apples and pears. Stephanie has a larger bust, a smaller bust and larger hips, a classic hourglass figure. Fortunately, she also has quite long legs, whereas Catherine's build is more like a runway model, tall, willowy and not that much delineation between her bust and hips which is why she wears high-waisted clothes so much.

Emila Wickstead works for Catherine because she designs clothes for women of her stature. Stephanie is more Eli Saab, having a more overtly womanly shape.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Luxarazzi has better photos from the Cour, especially the green dress and her jewelry from the first day in Venice.

Luxarazzi: A Load of Pictures of Guillaume and Stéphanie in Venice
Old 05-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Majesty

who is stephanie's green dress by? i really like it, great choice for her.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread