Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to like Stephanie. However, on the surface (the key word being "surface") it seems as if just isn't "into" the whole appearance thing that comes along with being in such a public role. Poor posture and ill-fitting clothes. JMHO
Always these critics for a amiling Hed GD.
I understand where you're coming from suztav, Stephanie is a conundrum, but I cannot agree that she has poor posture, in fact she is amazing. Stephanie is very attractive and has a serene charisma that money can't buy. But her wardrobe . . . maria-olivia, we are not criticising Stephanie herself, why would we. But this is a fashion thread and Stephanie has been known to have some stellar moments and some much better forgotten.

I would love to see Stephanie as fantastically dressed and self-confident as she was at the gala the night before the wedding. The hair and makeup were divine, the jewellery magnificent, the "bespoke" Elie Saab gown was to die for and her deportment was stunning:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...pz2_rlEqMr8WBM4GPLttPJC4PN0d6NlgiATECeN8HIDuL

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s689vnSenSo/UINk_8IIEUI/AAAAAAAAfJY/qWMJ7-Bi4J8/s1600/gala-dinner3--a.jpg

I understand where you're coming from suztav, Stephanie is a conundrum, but I cannot agree that she has poor posture, in fact she is amazing. Stephanie is very attractive and has a serene charisma that money can't buy. But her wardrobe . . . maria-olivia, we are not criticising Stephanie herself, why would we. But this is a fashion thread and Stephanie has been known to have some stellar moments and some much better forgotten.

I would love to see Stephanie as fantastically dressed and self-confident as she was at the gala the night before the wedding. The hair and makeup were divine, the jewellery magnificent, the "bespoke" Elie Saab gown was to die for and her deportment was stunning:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...pz2_rlEqMr8WBM4GPLttPJC4PN0d6NlgiATECeN8HIDuL

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s689vnSenSo/UINk_8IIEUI/AAAAAAAAfJY/qWMJ7-Bi4J8/s1600/gala-dinner3--a.jpg

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. We will have to agree to disagree about the posture. I agree that she is well-bred, and highly cultured. I also agree that we are all still awaiting that fashion moment such as the one she had at her pre-wedding dinner.

I love the colour of the coat. And the top looks nice. The ponytail is nice and earrings :flowers:

I would need a better full body view though for any real opinion on fit, or pants

:previous: The 3rd photo is from the 2015 visit to Morocco but yes, it appears to be the same jacket + skirt with a different scarf.

Stephanie's hair isn't good on this UAE & Oman trip. Almost as bad as Maxima on her worst/messy days.

Reactions: eya
:previous: I would go so far as to say her clothes are a disaster. While her first outfit was quite interesting it totally failed the cultural sensitivity test. Had her coat been closed at the neck or her hair covered I would have applauded and the least said about the second outfit the better. The skirt is a shapless rumpled-looking mess and the blazer is just as bad. Whatever is she thinking?

She didn't need to cover her head. Other women didn't seem to bother with culturally sensitive clothes, even very short skirts in UAE, see gouvernement.lu gallery
I like the colors but I find those drape-type, open jackets difficult to wear. The jacket and skirt looked better in 2015 [photo] or maybe they didn't survive the car ride in Oman. The skirt seemed OK by the time they were inside the museum.

Last edited:

OMG that skirt, is it kind of transparent? I hope my eyes are deciving me.

And a banana clip in the hair??

Sorry, but for me Stephanie is the worst dressed royal of the young generation of all ladies. She has no clue, what is tragic because she'd have all opportunities, stylists, money, advice from the other ladies in her family.

Oman doesn't expect foreigners to be covered. Only when you enter a mosque would she be not allowed without a scarf. Heck even Camilla didn't wear one on her recent visit. Mary didn't and Saudi Arabia is one of the most conservative.

I actually find that her clothes remind me a tad of camillas choices, though Camilla was far better tailored. They both chose loose fitting lighter layers, in brighter shades. If she is going to wear her baggy shapeless clothes any where, may as well be here. I do like the colors in both outfits,

But her hair :bang: usually the one thing you can count on is her polished hair and accessories. She has misses heir wise, but they are as rare as her hits clothes wise are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom