Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 6: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver gown looks like something princess marina of Kent or the queen mother would have worn in the 30's. To be able to wear a dress cut on the bias out of what looks like very thin fabric , it helps to be tall, very slim, or if you don't have that, strong undergarments and perfect posture. Stephanie' posture could be better.
Her hair always looks good up and styled, and the jewels are perfect.

:previous: I love the Te Deum dress however for all this is a beautiful and flattering colour, I find it looks like something a child would wear. And, to be honest, I think it's that she has taken to having her hair hanging all around her face and shoulders so it spoils the cut and style.

As to the silver gown, I thought she looked magnificent and I love that she placed that tiara on real "tiara hair". It looked wonderful.

She did indeed look magnificent in that formal group portrait, wearing the silver gown.

Stephanie wears tiaras exceptionally well, imo.;)

Oh dear, this looks quite dreadful. It looks as though the belt is too big so it just sort of flops down and Stephanie shows that you don't need to be a swimmer for cutaway shoulders to be very unflattering. Her hair unfortunately is a mess as it is all over the place.

http://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/ee99...rtv3/51bdf36048234f601236b7aa7489cb1e556dcfa6

I hate to say it after such a fabulous weekend but, you wouldn't want to play a game of "Who Doesn't Fit in the Photo".

Last edited:
Oh dear, this looks quite dreadful. It looks as though the belt is too big so it just sort of flops down and Stephanie shows that you don't need to be a swimmer for cutaway shoulders to be very unflattering. Her hair unfortunately is a mess as it is all over the place.

http://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/ee99...rtv3/51bdf36048234f601236b7aa7489cb1e556dcfa6

I hate to say it after such a fabulous weekend but, you wouldn't want to play a game of "Who Doesn't Fit in the Photo".

Sadly, you're right. The only thing I like about her look is the color of the dress.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks like a Flintstone.

I like very much the look of Stephanie.Lovely dress and hair.

I think she looks fine - the colour is lovely. I do, however, think that both she and Maria Teresa need to speak to the person who irons their clothes!

Prince Guillaume, the Hereditary Grand Duke, and Princess Stéphanie, the Hereditary Grand Duchess, made their traditional pre-holiday visit to Esch-sur-Alzette:

http://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/ - Esch-sur-Alzette again, or how Stéphanie went Cinderella

Well done! She looks lovely, so very well put together. Good fit, color, coordination, hair, makeup. A hit!

The cut of the back of the yellow dress she wore at the Te Deum is interesting, I like it. http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/4731/4731-Pz1guNUG0uyZuWMjScGXEQ.jpg

The back, including the hat looks like a bridesmaid dress I actually wore in the 1970s. :ohmy:

The National Day pictures of Stephanie look fantastic from the front. Her picture with the tiara'd family is just stunning. Very classy and classic.

Good for her! More hits than misses! Clapping!

:clap::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can see, Stephanie's yellow dress is nice. The colour is bright and cheerful - perfect for a summer day.
The silver gown she wore to the gala and in the official photo is just beautiful, and Stephanie looks very elegant. I love her makeup as well. I agree frelinghighness, the gown does look like the sort of gown a royal from the 1930s would wear; but I like that sort of style of gown so for me that's a positive point.

Stephanie's outfit she wore in Esch-sur-Alzette is great. I love the blue dress in particular.

I don't mind the green dress Stephanie wore, the colour is great but I think the fitting isn't flattering on her. The way the belt looks as if it's about to slip off is also a little awkward. But overall, she's worn some great outfits over the past few days!

The green dress is a mess wrinkled and the belt no tightened properly.

I love how in photos you can see that he really likes her. Loves her. It's the ultimate accessory. And it makes me happy that she makes him happy. Some days, it's the simple stuff that matters. :flowers:

The green dress without the belt, and ironed, would have been fine. So many pictures of Stephanie with her mil and other family members in the past few days makes me confirm that she is short. Not as short as her mil but close. Many of her fashion mistakes come from not taking her height into account.fashion models are all tall for a reason, and many royal ladies are fashion model height.she needs to look to the successful shorter ladies and see what she can learn from them as far as what photographs well

I love how in photos you can see that he really likes her. Loves her. It's the ultimate accessory. And it makes me happy that she makes him happy. Some days, it's the simple stuff that matters. :flowers:

I completely agree. The photos of Guillaume reacting to his wife losing her shoe tell the story. That has happened to more than one Royal lady. One in particular had a "prince" of a husband who just stared
blankly as if he couldn't have cared less:ermm:.

Frelinghighness,

The only truly tall Royal women who consistently dress well are Kate and especially Charlene of Monaco. Tall Mette-Marit of Norway has been a fashion victim just as often as Stephanie and is proof that having fashion model height is no guarantee of sartorial success, imo.

Last edited:
:previous:having height is no guarantee you can wear anything as you gave a good example of that. You can only carry off more blunders, which would look even worse on a short woman.
You forgot queens max and mathilde as two more exceptionally tall royal women.

:previous:It's true that Max and Mathilde are tall, but it's not until they became queens that they started dressing really well, imo. Until very recently lovely Mathilde had a decidedly frumpy look and Max was hit/miss.

I am deliberately choosing to forget those unfortunate red shiny culottes Maxima wore recently:eek:.

I think of all the tall Royal women it's only the DoC and the Princess of Monaco who almost always get it right.

(I don't consider Letizia and Mary tall...they are average height females who look taller because they are slim and wear heels a lot)

Can we get back on topic and discuss Grand Duchess Stéphanie's fashion without comparing other royal ladies.

The green is a mess there are no words The yellow is pretty I like the back and the evening gown appears ill fitting dear oh dear

The wrinkles i the clothes may be the fabric certain fabrics wrinkle really badly.

Nice white lace dress on yesterday's engagement. A little tight in the bust and across the middle, imo

the dress is too white and white doesn't go well along with her skin colour...the dress doesn't suit her at alll

the dress is too white and white doesn't go well along with her skin colour...the dress doesn't suit her at alll

The dress color could be different for sure, but that hair and tiara combo = beautiful

Visit to a farm yes she is very nice.

October 8, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie visited the Grand Duchy's Chambre des Députés

The photo can be seen here (thank you, Luxarazzi)

October 9, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie joined her husband for opening 1535° creative hub in Differdange.

Many photos can be found here and here.

October 10, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie visited the new autumn fair, Home and Living Expo, at LuxExpo.

Photos can be found here, here, and here.

October 13, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie (together with Grand Duke Henri and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume) hosted a dinner the members of Luxembourg's government at the Château de Berg.

The photo can be seen here (thank you again and again, Luxarazzi)

October 14, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie visited Menuiserie Chimello, a carpenter's shop.

Photos can be found at Wort.

October 15, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie joined many other members of the Grand Ducal Family for attending a concert in the memory of the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte.

The photo can be seen here (thank you again, Luxarazzi)

October 19, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie joined her husband for visiting the Grevenmacher winery.

Photos can be found here and here.

Last edited:
October 19, 2015

The hereditary Grand duchess Stephanie joined her husband for visiting the Grevenmacher winery.

Photos can be found here and here.

You need to stop doing so many posts in a row. You should combine these all in one post, please. Your work is appreciated, but double/triple/etc posting is against the rules.

You need to stop doing so many posts in a row. You should combine these all in one post, please. Your work is appreciated, but double/triple/etc posting is against the rules.

since these are different events and the posts are produced between several days between them, i don't think this is a problem. i think 'double posting' rules are meant to stop people from publishing too many posts all at once within a matter of minutes, rather than days. i am not a mod, but do not think that what ArwenEleniel is doing is incorrect, and i appreciate all the work she puts in! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom