The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

I have a question why are people trying to find excuses for her lack of style. One arm is shorter than the other or she is still mourning for her mother still yet the family is letting her dress this way. She is a grown woman she looked lovely for her wedding I think she had help for that. Left on her own she simply has not a clue how to look good on a regular basis. Not everyone is born with style Mary admitted when she married she had no clue when it came to fashion she hired a stylist and has learned. Stephanie seems to think she looks fine and has no clue she looks frumpy way to often. For me frumpy is bad when you are as pretty as Stephanie is she can look good and should look good much more than she does. Surely , she could re wear some of the pieces from the wedding events the Chanel suit was lovely on her .

Old 03-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree princess carmen she's a mess .. there are no excuses for these women IMO they can turn to anyone for assistance and get in bucket loads the truth of it is she badly needs help there is no more to say !!!! IMO

Old 03-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Stephanie does this on purpose, feeling free to choose any style she wants and reject professional help.

If family felt bothered, they would have insisted on hiring professional stylist. It seems her choices don't bother anybody around her. Stephanie chooses to feel comfortable.
Maybe that is because Luxembourg is quite a little state.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think they would have insisted Maria Teresa wouldn't want to cause problems with her daughter in-law and definitely wouldn't want to upset her son. I think Stephanie is probably strong willed and wants to do things her own way she is grown and can choose how she likes to dress. I think she went a long with the wedding help as that was a very big event and she needed to look her absolute best.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Majesty

I seriously don't believe that one of Stephanie's arms is longer than the other. What I am now 100% convinced of-due to the way she walks and the way her hemlines fall, as well as the fact that in photos one shoulder is a little higher than the other-is that she suffers from a misalignment of her spine. Whether or not she has been or is being treated for it, I don't know.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Being from Stephanie, I think this is on of her best looks in a long time.
i also really like it and i think as well that it's one of my favourite looks of hers.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Hmm. So that leads me to ask, on a relative scale of fashion-forwardness in Europe, where does Luxembourg fall?
[...]
It of course depends on the milieu in society but Luxembourg, one of the wealthiest countries in the EU, is a very small country in the Ardennes, where "us knows us" and the morales and fashion are in general conservative, catholic and family-oriented. There are lots of Ex-Pats working in EU-institutions and international banks. Not the most flashy people imaginative. No any comparison with mondaine Monaco is possible. Luxembourg is best compared with Liechtenstein.

Queen Mathilde was brought up in Luxembourg too, in the Belgian province, not the Grand Duchy. Deep in the forests and hills, near Villers-la-Bonne-Eau lies the Château de Losange. In the most tranquil circumstances possible.

Princess Stéphanie was brought up on the Château d'Anvaing, in the Belgian province of Hainaut. The village Frasnez-les-Anvaing is as secluded and pittoresque as Mathilde's home. Demoiselles living in such milieus really are not the most fashion-forward indeed...

Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ While I know absolutely nothing about those areas, I don't really mind the way Stephanie dresses. I'll take 'frumpy' over dressing like a Kardashian.

I will say this: I would like to see Stephanie elegantly dressed more often like her MIL, CP Mary and Queens Maxima & Letizia. She's a very beautiful woman and I'd love to see her wear more Elie Saab and Chanel. She looked amazing during her wedding festivities.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Majesty

There is nothing wrong with the arms of Princess Stéphanie. Allez...

Te Deum

In Weilburg

In Wiesbaden

Fête Nationale

Old 03-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If you consider the fact that she simply has no sense of style "odd" or "off" then, yes.

I think we have grown used to seeing this new wave of stylish, sleek consort princesses. Now we have one who is simply not. But that does not mean she is a bad person or a failure or that there is some sinister underlying problem. I am not even convinced that this "she is grieving for her mother" theory needs to be floated anymore.

On the last birthday of the late Alix, Comtesse de Lannoy there was a family group photo taken at their fabulous Castle d'Anvaing..and I never saw a group of frumpier, badly dressed people in my life. Stephanie was right in the midst of them, looking pretty much as she does now. So there they were, this family of aristocrats at their gorgeous old castle, descended from one of the most ancient dynasties in Europe...and looking like the cast of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Stephanie de Lannoy is who she is. Either she will grow into a fashion swan as Charlene Wittstock did(just compare her 2005-2006 photos in Monaco to the ones of her today if you want a real shock!) or she will not. And the Royal world will go on.

Ultimately, it's only the citizens of the Grand Duchy who have the right to decide to speak up and demand that their future Duchess take her fashion game to a higher level.
Do you have that picture of her with her mother and relatives?

Also I do not think she is always immaculately turned out. I think she almost always wears ill fitting clothes.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post

Also I do not think she is always immaculately turned out. I think she almost always wears ill fitting clothes.
I have a thought. Is it ill fitting as in crooked, or as in the same way people complain about ill fitting clothes on the middle eastern princesses. It could be a modesty thing. Never accentuating her waist, wearing scarves, long arms, never tight trousers etc.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Mathilde was brought up in Luxembourg too, in the Belgian province, not the Grand Duchy. Deep in the forests and hills, near Villers-la-Bonne-Eau lies the Château de Losange. In the most tranquil circumstances possible.

Princess Stéphanie was brought up on the Château d'Anvaing, in the Belgian province of Hainaut. The village Frasnez-les-Anvaing is as secluded and pittoresque as Mathilde's home. Demoiselles living in such milieus really are not the most fashion-forward indeed...
Lovely pictures, and good reminders.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Princess Stéphanie was really an "after-child", her parents were very old when she was born.

Going to church in Anvaing with her parents Philippe Comte de Lannoy et du Saint-Empire and Jonkvrouw Alix della Faille de Leverghem: picture

Stéphanie with her father (marriage of her brother Olivier with Jonkvrouw Alice Van Havre): picture

A family-together for the 70th birthday of her mother, Countess Alix. You can see Stéphanie behind her father (in the wheelchair): picture

Old 03-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Her mother was early 40's when she was born hardly very old !! An older mother sure but not very old !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post

It was in the issue of Point de Vue in Sept 2012, devoted to the coverage of the death and funeral of Alix de Lannoy. I don't have a scanner and wouldn't know how to scan it if I did, sorry.

But I remember it very clearly. Count and Countess de Lannoy, their children and spouses and grandchildren were all present in a group photo on the castle grounds. It really is an enormous family, and the entire group of them had gathered for the Countess's 70th birthday in Sept 2011 which, sadly, turned out to have been her last. The castle grounds are spectacular, with it's own moat and gardens and a Chapel emblazoned with the Arms of the House of Lannoy. It is straight out of an ancient fairy tale, really quite literally a world apart from the childhood homes of Letizia, MM, Kate, Mary, Charlene. But as I posted the de Lannoys-the women at least-were outfitted in what looked like cheap shoes and flimsy poorly made sundresses. None of them appeared to have had their hair or makeup done.Fashionable and glamorous they were not.

It does not surprise me at all that Stephanie is clueless about fashion for a young 21st century woman, her entire upbringing seems to have been from another time.

Also Stephanie's now 92 year old father was about 20 years the senior of his late wife. Old enough to have been her father,

(Some of the photos posted by Duc are from the same issue of PdV that I saw. There were also photos of the family at their holiday home in Algarve, Portugal.)
Old 03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Majesty

The 20-years age gap between the parents made the mother older in my mind than she was. The Count Philippe de Lannoy et du Saint-Empire (1922) and Jonkvrouw Alix della Faille de Leverghem (1941) got 8 children:

Jehan (1966) x Béatrice Spates (from the USA)

Christian (1968) x Doña Luisa Moreno de Porras Isla-Fernández y Manso of the Marqueses de Chiloeches

Nathalie (1969) x John Hamilton (from Calcutta)

Gaëlle (1970) (is a Catholic nun)

Amaury (1971) x still unmarried

Olivier (1974) x Jonkvrouw Alice Van Havre, daughter of the Chevalier (Knight) Philippe van Havre and of the Baroness Anne-Françoise de Hennin de Boussu-Walcourt

Isabelle (1976) x the Baron Jean-Charles de le Court, son of the Baron Jean-François de le Court and of the Baroness Suzanne d'Otreppe de Bouvette

Stéphanie (1981) x the Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg, Prince de Nassau, Prince de Bourbon de Parme, son of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and of Maria Teresa Mestre y Batista
Old 03-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There is nothing wrong with the arms of Princess Stéphanie. Allez...

Te Deum

In Weilburg

In Wiesbaden

Fête Nationale

Stephanie looks lovely and appropriate in most of these photos. (The one exception is the one with the pants.)

That's why it surprises me to read posters opine that she always looks awful. I don't agree.

BTW, her legs are simply spectacular. Along with the DoC she has the best legs of all the current batch of young princesses.

BTW Duc, Stephanie was not born in 1981. She was born in February of 1984.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think she always looks awful but for me she has had more bad looks than good. Simply because her clothes are not tailored correctly and they are simply too old looking for a 31 year old woman. Which in turn makes her look frumpy.Maria Theresa even though she is not the thinness person most of the time looks elegant and well put together.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Majesty

I agree. Princess Stéphanie simply dresses like a royal and yes, that possibly means she is a bit restraint, but for the rest she looks okay.

In Esch-sur-Alzette

In Stockholm (wedding Princess Madeleine)

In Amsterdam (Investiture of King Willem-Alexander)

In Amsterdam (Farewell Banquet Queen Beatrix)
Old 03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I don't think she always looks awful but for me she has had more bad looks than good. Simply because her clothes are not tailored correctly and they are simply too old looking for a 31 year old woman. Which in turn makes her look frumpy.Maria Theresa even though she is not the thinness person most of the time looks elegant and well put together.
I disagree, Grand Duchess María Teresa often looks strangled in clothes two sizes too small and too shiny. Sometimes she hit the right note, sometimes really not. See this week, with the reception of President Hollande, this was no different: see picture. So there is no difference between mother-and-daughter-in-law.

Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style, royal fashion