Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of posts have been deleted as off-topic - please remember that this is a thread to discuss fashion choices only - thanks!

I loved her coat (blue and white plad). It's is quite cute! The ruffle!

The coat has promise but it is too tight otherwise no harm done here IMO

Last edited:
She wore clothes for a woman who is 50 years old

Oh, dear, except for the beautiful ruby red color, the style is just so wrong for her. This young woman has so much potential to look absolutely fabulous.

Last edited:
Such a pretty color, but completely wrong style for her. She does look as if someone talked her into it, like she's not sure.

I sometimes wonder why MT doesnt stop this ongoing fashion desaster.

Stephanie had one of the most beautiful wedding gowns I've ever seen, I'd never expect her going from 110% to below zero style-wise.

Serena Williams called...

She wants her dress back.

Lovely color, but terrible style. It doesn't suit Stephanie at all.

The colour is nice the dress is too tight... IMO and I have to agree it is not a style she can carry off at all

O.k. I don't exactly know what to say. I wish she had a dresser that could help her. I am baffled.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think MT will step in to help her till she asks for help, if she wants to keep a happy relationship with her that is.You can't help someone who perhaps doesn't realize she needs help. Think of all those people you know who dress badly but don't know it, Stephanie's problem is that her errors are much more public. The other problem is that she is dressing somewhat appropriately but not as polished or beautifully as she could so even the press will probably hold their tongues. So like i said before maybe she is in the dark about fashion and noone is there for backup or encouragement.

The colour is the only thing good about this. All the rest is just wrong.

I don't think MT will step in to help her till she asks for help, if she wants to keep a happy relationship with her that is.You can't help someone who perhaps doesn't realize she needs help. Think of all those people you know who dress badly but don't know it, Stephanie's problem is that her errors are much more public. The other problem is that she is dressing somewhat appropriately but not as polished or beautifully as she could so even the press will probably hold their tongues. So like i said before maybe she is in the dark about fashion and noone is there for backup or encouragement.

I'd understand if Stephanie was like that from the beginning. Somebody must be responsible for her fabulous outfits around the time of the wedding. I mean, she can afford Saab, Chanel etc all the time if she wants. Why stop top class outfits and go for ugly pants, ill-fitting dresses & scarfs all the time. Maybe MT is not unlucky to have an ugly duckling DIL so she can continue to shine.

I'd understand if Stephanie was like that from the beginning. Somebody must be responsible for her fabulous outfits around the time of the wedding. I mean, she can afford Saab, Chanel etc all the time if she wants. Why stop top class outfits and go for ugly pants, ill-fitting dresses & scarfs all the time. Maybe MT is not unlucky to have an ugly duckling DIL so she can continue to shine.

I have always thought that someone else chose the wardrobe during the wedding and the wedding dress for Stephanie, not she herself. The wedding dress just wasn't her style at all.

That colour is divine on her!!!!!!
As for the dress itself:sad::sad:
She needs to bring back the person that helped her during her wedding, that's what works for her. Stephanie has so much potential :bang:

I will continue to hope that she will find her style like the Countess of Wessex has:ermm:

The fitting is unflattering, the dress looks like it's an old favourite that's too small for her, and she's trying to squeeze into it. She also looks a little stiff and awkward, IMHO. I do love the colour, however, and Stephanie is lovely.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)

I love the colour!

I think that either Stephanie had someone advising her up do and including the wedding or, she didn't and now has someone advising her to wear the same type and style of clothes as her MIL.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way MT dresses but she is an of an older generation and her style suits her lack of height and rubenesque stature.

I sometimes wonder why MT doesnt stop this ongoing fashion desaster.

Stephanie had one of the most beautiful wedding gowns I've ever seen, I'd never expect her going from 110% to below zero style-wise.

I like MT but if I was a young woman I am not sure I would turn to her for fashion advice.:ermm:

The best thing she-or someone-could do for Stephanie, is to introduce her to a stylist and someone who could help her tone her body, particularly her abdominal muscles. It would make a world of difference.

I agree about Stephanie's bridal gown, probably the most beautiful one I have seen in the last decade. Which makes it all the more inexplicable that she has rarely looked as good since:sad:.

I have always thought that someone else chose the wardrobe during the wedding and the wedding dress for Stephanie, not she herself. The wedding dress just wasn't her style at all.

She brought that gown to life and looked ethereal and lovely in it. The fashion blogs and world press covering the event all pronounced her a gorgeous bride. What else should she have worn?

I think it was very much her style;).

She looks gorgeous in red!

The dress is nice but not on her. I also find that the color is a bit too dark/harsh.

The dress makes her fatter and puts in evidence it. But the colour suits her.

:previous:
You are quite right. Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's dress appears to be to tight. Wearing a simple piece of shapewear could have improved the look.

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party, but I have to agree the dress looks really bad on her. The color is great but its obvious she has gained a bit of weight and the dress doesn't help conceal that it just makes it more noticeable. Also, I don't understand why she always wears heels that make her tower over her husband. I just don't understand why she would want to dwarf him like that. It looks awkward. And her hair need some help, I thin she should get some light blond highlights to even out the dirty blond color her hair already is...it's like it can't deicide which color it wants to be. I think she needs a stylist or she needs to fire the one she already has.

Doesn't Stephanie look at the mirror when she buys clothes? The dress is very ill-fitting and totally wrong to her body type. And she isn't used to wear these kind of dresses, she looks insecure and embarrassed. The only good thing in the dress is the colour.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Nice change for Stephanie! the color suits her very well with her complexion and beautiful hair. It is not the proper fit for her; however, it is a much youthful look! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom