Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes, it's a great colour but not for Stephanie. The high-cut shoulders are very unflattering and make the neck look all cluttered and choked. The combination of Stephanie's very fair skin and the gown just look like someone bled all over her.

Who is doing this? Stephanie can look fabulous but in this instance the combination of loose hair and high neck just doesn't look elegant. A sleek updo would have showed her lovely neck and taken pounds off her. As it is with the cut, the colour and her hair, it all just seems to make her look shorter and wider.

Oh dear. Not a fan.

Agree the colour is great but she looks a mess the dress appears to be ill fitting and it just is not a great look on her. IMO The dress makes her look big and I don't think she is IMO

The wedding gown wasn't her style , I don't think she had a style then or now. She seems to just wear what ever she likes regardless of how terrible it looks.

I personally think Stephanie is very sweet, but HOW can anyone get it so completely wrong virtually all the time? The dress simply does not fit.

The wedding gown wasn't her style , I don't think she had a style then or now. She seems to just wear what ever she likes regardless of how terrible it looks.

I've reluctantly come to the same conclusion, princess carmen. I think the wedding dress was the exception to the rule unfortunately.

I don't understand how she doesn't have the help of a stylist yet. She's the next Grand Duchess and, let's be honest, a lack of funds is not an issue, so why isn't she getting the help she needs?

(..) Maybe she is color blind, too. Or maybe she just doesn't care what people think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she had help picking the wedding gown her mother and sisters probably.

Very few women pick out their wedding gown without female friends and/or relatives help.

LaRae

The color is great on her....but please someone needs to step in and help her find what looks good on her body. The style is so unflattering.

LaRae

Her face looks much fuller too. I am wondering if there will be an announcement in the near future which would explain why the dress looks tight in the bust and waist....

We've been seeing that comment made by various people for at least 6 to 8 months now...lol but so far no evidence to support it!

LaRae

We've been seeing that comment made by various people for at least 6 to 8 months now...lol but so far no evidence to support it!

LaRae

Right. But it´s about time sooner or later :lol:
Bye Bine

I really liked tho outfit, the skirt is light and the jacket is a classic piece. This is a great color for her, you and fun. Hair hair would've looked better in a soft bun or in a ponytail.

I think that this outfit is a big improvement from the dress we saw her in earlier this year. The shade f green looks lovely, and the style is not so bad.

I actually think this is one of her better outfits. The color is lovely and the jacket is a really good length on her and fits her well. Her hair actually looks better than I've seen it look for a while.

I agree that this is one of her best outfits. The colour is very nice on her and the whole outfit fits her, which is a rarety on her.

The ensemble per is a marginal improvement from the previous looks. A bright shade of the green colour is lovely and season appropriate. However ... the jacket should have been fitted properly. I agree with dazzling noting that a usual ponytail, a bun, or a half updo would have improved the look.

The pants look to be navy instead of black. It's those wide-legged pants again. Considering MT were a lovely suit I would have expected Stephanie to at least wear a navy skirt given that it's such an important occasion (Independence Day ceremony).

Here's Stephanie at the cannonization at the Vatican this week.

She looks gorgeous here.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/153kym8.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2mxiy3s.jpg

Stephanie looks lovely and I love her jacket and hairstyle. Her trousers are alright, although they look a little unflattering here, but there's just something about the photo that looks like the wind might have done that.

The outfit looks too bulky for her, but I love her braided chignon.

:previous:
I agree with you about Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's hairstyle. The ensemble is just all right.

It's the best I've seen on her recently, at least it doesn't make her look uncomfortable or too tight like some of her previous choices. Love her hairdo.

Even though she has very pretty hair, she has the kind of face that looks much better and pulled together when her hair is up and away from her face. When it's down, it just make everything look much more heavy and casual.

she certainly seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Better to stick to the loose jackets and trousers.

She might feel self-conscious about her weight gain, and is wearing the wide legged pants in the hope that they hide it. Sadly the wide legged slacks accentuate the problem rather than hides it, imo.:sad:

Still, she looks lovelier and more put together than she has in a while. Her hair is perfect.

she certainly seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Better to stick to the loose jackets and trousers.
Ouch! I think we got used to seeing her just before she got married and unfortunately she was not only dealing with the high drama that is a "Royal Wedding" but also the death of her mother. If she had been marrying anyone other than the HGD I think the wedding would have been delayed and she and her family given time to mourn. But, it wasn't and she didn't and I think she probably shed more than a few pounds in sheer stress.

Now she has had time to grieve and time to find herself both in her marriage and position as HGD, I think maybe she is relaxing into herself. So I think seeing her luminous, as she was in Rome, or just plain happy as she is at this event is lovely. The bonus was not only her lovely white jacket but also that simple, yet absolutely gorgeous, updo. I think this is one of the most flattering updo's she has worn.

Regardless, that is what takes her trouser suit from casual to elegant. (OK from the bottom of her jacket up . . . the pants still need a little more tailoring but still . . . )

Hmm, I went looking for some pic of her updo and came up with:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/cb61cdb544bbce1dff1ac5cf7cf3af3e/tumblr_mypywrNoLa1rk9qmdo1_500.jpg

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f7d868b277a10451c9560c9f94a74b34/tumblr_mypywrNoLa1rk9qmdo4_r1_500.jpg

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....-interview/0-6-848/guillaume-stephanie--z.jpg

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....stephanie-interview/0-6-849/guillaume1--z.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-elu2gxgqJ...00/2012-04-27--EngagementReception2--Wort.jpg

Hmm, the lady has great hair and hopefully will continue to engage us however, the news on the fashion front isn't so good. I think she had more style during the engagement and is going overboard to dress "proper like", eg. too old for her or just plain too safe.

She looks very well and happy and I love the latest hairstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom