Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There has been no "free pass" or anything close. When she looks awful she is called on it, and when she looks lovely(as she did when meeting Their Imperial Majesties, imo) she gets credit.

There is style, and then there is "Stephanie style" and I have learned to accept the difference. With the exception of her wedding day, she is not going to stand out and I am beginning to believe she doesn't even want to. At least she and Guillaume seem conscientious and dignified and aware of their position, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for most of the other young Royals.

Having a good sense of style is not what makes a man or woman Royal. But having said that, Stephanie needs to set fire to those baggy pants she favors and never, ever think of wearing anything like them again.

I'm beginning to think those pants are like Prince Charles' teddy bear - she carts them everywhere and has them tucked in at night. An entity unto themselves. Those and the shawls.

What an unusual comment tha she has a free pass! Far from it, most od the comments on this thread are quite negative but somehow hopeful that she will improve. I have almost given up after two years. There are a few occasions where she looks well which gives hope. Overall, however, it would say, those are exceptions. She has absolutely no sense of style

I think she has no idea what looks good and what doesn't. Fashion is probably not a big concern for her. The job is more important which I guess it should be. For me her smile does not make up for her lack of style. This is a style section so this is what I comment on. I think It's been two years I don't think her style will change perhaps when she turns 40 she will look her age. Like queen Elizabeth who used to dress too old for her age. She finally started to dress her age later on.

I think she has no idea what looks good and what doesn't. Fashion is probably not a big concern for her. The job is more important which I guess it should be. For me her smile does not make up for her lack of style. This is a style section so this is what I comment on. I think It's been two years I don't think her style will change perhaps when she turns 40 she will look her age. Like queen Elizabeth who used to dress too old for her age. She finally started to dress her age later on.

Your insight into her style I think is perfect, I think this is one royal princess who just dresses to what is comfortable for her at that time and occasion. Other things in her life must be more important then being the best dresses princess out there, I do enjoy seeing the clothes of the royal ladies wear and some of those clothes are unbelievably beautiful yet it is refreshing to see a young princess just do her thing and be who she is, she doesn't have to be perfect, her smile and interactions with the public more then make up for a pretty dress for me. She is a very beautiful lady and maybe someday she will come into her own with fashion, for the time being, she is okay.

I think the most excellent example of a "late bloomer" is Sophie Wessex. She hit 40 at 100kph, everything just suddenly came together. Her makeup, hair, wardrobe, accessories . . . . praise be she discovered the great joys of millinery and really learnt to rock it!

Not sure I care for the pale pink dress by itself, but I do like the matching wool coat.

Guillaume has coordinated his tie to his wife's outfit like he frequently did when they were engaged.;)

Luxarazzi

Not sure I care for the pale pink dress by itself, but I do like the matching wool coat.

Guillaume has coordinated his tie to his wife's outfit like he frequently did when they were engaged.;)

Luxarazzi

Her latest outfit is a good improvement. The dress was not bad at all only if she tied the tie properly. The coat is really nice but had to be left unbuttoned. Im glad she took time to do her hair and apply some makeup.

This last outfit is one of her best. The colour looks very beautiful on her, despite being so soft, the dress fits her though she should have paid more attention to the "belt". It's a nice choice of accessories too. And the coat has my thumbs up as well.

The coat is alright, the dress would have looked better had it been more fitted.

I actually rather like Stephanie's latest outfit. I love that shade of pink and like how she has paired a darker and lighter shade of pink together as it looks quite effective to me. Her shoes are also nice and go well with the rest of the outfit, and the fitting of both the dress and coat is just right. I have no complaints.

November 3, 2014 - During the German stat visit to Luxembourg

Daytime outfit was a tweed dress suit. Lovely color for Stephanie, it did not wash her out at all. The fit is flattering as well. The hair style was lovely done and perfect for such a visit.

Full view ** Close up

Evening event, Stephanie wore a flattering DVF lace dress

Full view

The Tweed suit is ok...but she looks great in the evening dress!

LaRae

I like the tweed ensemble, and the lace dress. Stephanie looked elegant.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The tweed suit is actually nice on Stephanie, the fit is good and the jacket is the right length on her. The lace DVF dress is a great color and shape as well and the jewels are gorgeous. Her makeup looks a little heavy though. She is naturally pretty and doesn't need that much blush and eye makeup.

The tweed suit is actually nice on Stephanie, the fit is good and the jacket is the right length on her. The lace DVF dress is a great color and shape as well and the jewels are gorgeous. Her makeup looks a little heavy though. She is naturally pretty and doesn't need that much blush and eye makeup.

I agree on the evening makeup. It's bit too heavy which she doesn't need.

Both of her efforts are far superior to anytning she has worn this year IMO hope springs eternal .. she looks lovely.

The lovely tweed suit is also by DVF

I like both outfits and especially that Stephanie for once has made an effort (hair!), she looks very polished.

I have to say that this is a homerun for Stephanie today!!!

I think the tweed suit is elegant, but just a little bit matronly for a young woman of barely 30 years. But she more than made up for it with that gorgeous sidesweep ponytail and perfect makeup. Age appropriate and elegant!

Her evening gala gown is pretty and the bling is to die for(as usual) but her makeup is all wrong..way too heavy for her light, delicate features.

Anyway, for Stephanie this is definitely a successful outing!;)

I think Stephanie looked great. Love the tweed suit & the evening dress.

I like both choices though neither was amazing. The colour is nice and it din't wash her out as so often happens with her.

She looks very pensive to me. :ermm: The heavy make-up is a-typical for her. Hope all is well.

I like the top part...but the lower part is just a shapeless square...maybe a belt or something. Love the color.....don't like her MIL's outfit though!

I like the dress. Very simple, yet appropriate. The cut is nice and fits her well. Also, her hair and makeup look lovely.

I like it! I must confess the first impact was not good, I thought there was something wrong there, one of her arms looks much shorter than the other and that detail in the top part doesn't help because it makes that "shorter" arm look even more lift up (does this makes sense?). Anyway, the more I look at the picture the more I like it.

The dress is appropriate, but i don´t like it. My first impact is that the color looks weird. I do not know what, but something is wrong there.
Her hairdo is very well done.

For once I have no complaints about Stephanie. Her hair, her makeup and her dress are perfect. I think she looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom