The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg And Princess Stephanie Of

No redeeming feature for me. The hat is too big (mind you, I think that would apply to anyone mad enough to wear it. Looks like a giant version of one of DoC's hats); the lace is aging; the colour washes her out and the actual style of outfit does nothing to enhance her shape.

Someone help her cos she is lovely!!
I like that colour, but it's too much of it. A simple blouse or a skirt in that colour would be enough, not the entire outfit. Also it looks too big on her and it makes her look big as well. The hat is simply ugly.
Sorry, but Stephanie so rarely gets it right for her figure and face.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Look on the bright side when she is 50 she will be dressing appropriately as a middle aged matron.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Poor Stephanie . . .

I think she looks lovely and the outfit is appropriate and pretty for a wedding. I really dislike criticism of the way a person is dressed. People have different tastes in clothes and I don't think anyone should criticize the way a person dresses. It's rude.

Besides, Stephanie looks radiant and happy and so does her husband. They look great together and seem to be enjoying themselves. Nothing else matters as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg And Princess Stephanie Of

They seem to be enjoying themselves. For some reason I like Stephanie's hat - it's fun and the border around it goes with her colouring. Lace seems very popular currently and esp. for a wedding. The fit depends on which picture we're looking at. Perhaps changes in posture can account for some of this dysymetry. I wonder how different Stephanie might appear to us in person rather than in the still photos.
Beautiful photo! The dress looks quite lovely and well fitted here. Except for that hat, she looks lovely. And she and Guillaume are so perfect together, imo!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

I actually LOVE her hat, but the dress suffers a lot from a poor fit.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Gentry

Stephanie & Guillaume make such a lovely couple, they as a team transcend many of the fashion faux pas.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
Stephanie & Guillaume make such a lovely couple, they as a team transcend many of the fashion faux pas.
I agree, such a nice comment you made People are carrying on like she arrived nude LOL
Old 09-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Majesty

I agree. Give me a young and charming couple who obviously love another any day over a professional clotheshorse, apathetic team of a Royal couple.

Yuck.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

what a dopey outfit, yes it does remind me of a housecoat. Sure, a good tailor could help, but it's a fussy, too much of one color and texture outfit. It's not her or her tailoring as much as the actual clothes she chooses.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Majesty

She has chosen some quite lovely clothes. Her National Day outfits last summer in particular were perfect.

The problem is that she is not consistent. She needs both a stylist and a tailor, imo.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
I think she looks lovely and the outfit is appropriate and pretty for a wedding. I really dislike criticism of the way a person is dressed. People have different tastes in clothes and I don't think anyone should criticize the way a person dresses. It's rude.

Besides, Stephanie looks radiant and happy and so does her husband. They look great together and seem to be enjoying themselves. Nothing else matters as far as I'm concerned.
So why do we have those threads then? To praise what the person wears only? I thought this was the place to express ones opinion about what the certain person the thread is dedicated to wears, whether we like what it was or not? Why always if we don't like sth the person wears it's called criticism? It's simply stating our opinion, one way or the other. It's not like we are going public with it, making rude comments. We simply say we do not like what certain person wears in a place dedicated to such activity. That's rude?

I agree they look happy, but this thread is not about if they are / look happy or not, this thread is dedicated to fashion of Stephanie, nothing else.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
So why do we have those threads then? To praise what the person wears only? I thought this was the place to express ones opinion about what the certain person the thread is dedicated to wears, whether we like what it was or not? Why always if we don't like sth the person wears it's called criticism? It's simply stating our opinion, one way or the other. It's not like we are going public with it, making rude comments. We simply say we do not like what certain person wears in a place dedicated to such activity. That's rude?

I agree they look happy, but this thread is not about if they are / look happy or not, this thread is dedicated to fashion of Stephanie, nothing else.
Yup, plus the comments here do tend to acknowledge Stephanie's good looks and pretty smile and poise. Usually criticism is confined very specifically to the clothes and to how they don't do her justice.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post

There are many ways to communicate one's opinion without being rude and crass. To discuss something is not the same as ripping someone apart. Being diplomatic and polite is after all not that difficult. And if there is no polite way to communicate the opinion it should most likely not be communicated at all.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post

Its a fashion thread. What exactly were you expecting t find?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Majesty

I agree, this is a fashion thread after all. Some posters do get personal and cruel but I must say it rarely happens here at TRF and when it does thank goodness the mods step in.

Stephanie is one of my favorite Royal women. I think she seems warm, cultured, intelligent...the perfect wife for Guillaume. But I'd be fibbing if I said I admire her wardrobe-except for her bridal gown which was one of the most beautiful Royal wedding dresses I have ever seen.

As another poster pointed out, it's all in the way you say things.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another disaster from Stephanie. Everything in this outfit is wrong. Is it so difficult to find clothes that have a good fit? Almost always Stephanie looks frumpy because her clothes don't fit well. Yesterday's outfit was once again a good example of that. This outfit doesn't suit her at all, the colour is girly but the outfit is made for a 50 year old. And that hat is just not good.
Stephanie's outfit is from Stéphanie Le Grelle.
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding
Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Royal Highness

I am a little bit disappointed because she looked so absolutely fabulous at the civil wedding ceremony....
The red dress looked very pretty and sophisticated, I also enjoyed her hairdo & the accessoires she chose.
Now-The pale lace dress....I believe it it is not doing her justice, she is such a lovely woman and I do not understand why the maker of the dress did not find it necessary to create something that would make her look elegant and beautiful. The colour is good and I do like the shoes and clutch she has added to her outfit, but the design of the dress does not look flattering in the pictures...
But again,on a positive side: Who cares what she wears as long as she is so happy and radiating so much joy?
I think she always looks charming and beautiful even when I do not like her outfit choice...
Stéphanie always wears a beautiful smile and a lovely attitude, that´s the most important thing:-)
. Helen Keller
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Another disaster from Stephanie. Everything in this outfit is wrong. Is it so difficult to find clothes that have a good fit? Almost always Stephanie looks frumpy because her clothes don't fit well. Yesterday's outfit was once again a good example of that. This outfit doesn't suit her at all, the colour is girly but the outfit is made for a 50 year old. And that hat is just not good.
Stephanie's outfit is from Stéphanie Le Grelle.
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding
Exaggerating is also a job... Is it so difficult to accept that Stéphanie likely likes to dress in a casual chic way and not in a glamourous way?
I guess I'd better refrain from this topic because the criticism irritates me; I rather praise her for wearing what she wants to wear.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Majesty

I don't think her outfit was a "disaster" at all and in fact was rather pretty. It was the hat that ruined everything, imo.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Exaggerating is also a job... Is it so difficult to accept that Stéphanie likely likes to dress in a casual chic way and not in a glamourous way?
I guess I'd better refrain from this topic because the criticism irritates me; I rather praise her for wearing what she wants to wear.
If she actually was chic it would not be a problem, but she was neither casual nor chic at the wedding. No one expects her ever to be glamorous as it is quite apparent she does not have that in her.

Closed Thread

Tags
grand duchess stéphanie fashion, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style