The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
That´s true, I was just re-reading the comment I made yesterday and I laugh about my own stupid mistakes!
Because I am not a frequent church-goer (for reasons that are off-topic), I have made several mistakes.
I am trying to set it straight now and made a little list, feel free to correct me or add anything:-)

1)men are expected to take off their hats in church

2)at Latin masses (which are very very rare,I only know 2 churches in my city that do it like in the old days)
every woman has to cover her hair and wear modest clothes that do not show any cleavage or bare shoulders.

3)in some countries & regions women have developed very elaborate headgear that is traditionally worn in church or for festive occasions- just think of the Spanish "mantilla"->Mantilla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or the wedding veil!Most young women do not know about these old traditions,but there are many women who keep up the old traditions and still wear and/or create these old hats and decorative headgear.
In the very religious& traditional place where my mother grew up, many old women cover their head with a dark veil which is either kept simple or decorated with (often hand-made) embroidery or traditional floral elements.

4)catholic nuns always cover their head and wear very traditional clothes

5)There is a wikipedia entry about this topic too: Christian headcovering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here in the U.S. most dioceses have at least one parish that offers Latin Mass and some have more than one.

Latin Mass or Mass in the venacular either one, women should avoid dressing immodestly to begin with. No reason to show cleavage or alot of bare skin at Mass. Here (Latin Mass) typically skirts to just below the knee, sleeves to the elbows and nothing lower cut, mantillas are common.

You do sometimes see head coverings on women at non-Latin Masses.

I don't know what type of Mass Stephanie and her husband attend so no idea if the scarves she carries around have anything to do with religious reasons.

LaRae

Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie usually uses her scarves to cover her knees when sitting down. The same thing is done by the Grand Duchess as to not have any unfortunate pictures taken, I presume.

The dress she wore in New York City was worn by her mother-in-law for the gala at national day a few years ago. (Picture)

Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Sydney. I must say it looks better on Stephanie!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Wearing her MILs old clothes explains a lot.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Clothes sharing in a very common occurence within the Grand Ducal Family.

Both Princess Tessy and Princess Alexandra have worn Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa's clothes in the past. Also, Stéphanie, Alexandra and Tessy have shared clothes before. Even Claire has been borrowing accessories from the Grand Duchess. Archduchess Marie-Astrid can be regularly spotted in clothes of the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte and she and her sister, Princess Margaretha, have worn old dresses of their Belgian aunts, Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola, in the past. Princess Margaretha's oldest daughter Anunciata has also worn a ball gown skirt of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (but chose a different top part to go with it).

All the dresses in the picture above have been worn by a number of family members. The dress by Grand Duchess Maria Teresa now obviously by Stéphanie, Alexandra's dress has been worn by Tessy at the birthday ball of Princess Maria Galitzine and Nina Peers de Nieuwburgh and Tessy's dress is an old dress by the Grand Duchess (worn on a number of occassions) and also worn by Alexandra at the silver wedding anniversary of Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
HGD Stephanie looks beautiful in this silver/gray evening gown. She is getting excellent fashion advice from somewhere lately...

Wort.lu - Prince Guillaume and Princess Stéphanie in New York
Omg yes it is how strange does she now share clothes with the grand duchess
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Stephanie looks really lovely. From what I can see, the dress suits her.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
In her last few public appearances she has looked sensational, and the National Day outfits were all her own. It's not as if everything she wears is MT's.

The poor girl is damned if she does, and hopeless if she doesn't.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The gown looks great on her, but I don't care for the strap across the front. I'd love to see a closeup of it, along with her hair and jewels.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Same here. The strap across the front is not a plus, but it's still a beautiful gown, imo.

I hope we get more photos.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

The silver gown is beautiful and screams Elie Saab!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She looked outstanding in the silver gown! Beautiful look.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Stéphanie during a visit in Limburg, Germany, today, August 30, wearing a nice coat, an elegant white blouse and black pants:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

She looks very good, and more comfortable and confident.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the jacket and the top but I dislike the pants.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree about the coat and blouse; but once again, the pants are too baggy on her. She needs a more tapered look.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, no the pants again!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, the pants have the same old problem. But I like the rest
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Agree about the coat and blouse; but once again, the pants are too baggy on her. She needs a more tapered look.
Maybe she is self-conscious about her hips. She is not even close to being chubby, but that part of her anatomy is rather healthy looking.

I've only seen her in tight jeans once, during the Small States Games.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Maybe she is self-conscious about her hips. She is not even close to being chubby, but that part of her anatomy is rather healthy looking.
I can certainly understand that kind of thinking. However, I think that if she were slacks that were just a little more fitted, she would look better. These baggy slacks make her look a bit unkempt. I love the blouse, and the jacket.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
grand duchess stéphanie fashion, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style