The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
Sorry, there's no such a person as Crown Princess Sibilla. French version says about S.A.R. Princess Sibilla(Her Royal Highness P.css S.)
Thank you so much for correcting me. I believe I was reading this from an article that had been auto translated into English. I should have picked up on that.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Courtier

I don't like the scarf she never adjusts them so they look good. I wish she would try using jewelry as accessory's that might be better. As for cutting her some slack she has had a year. I think that this is her style and it won't change it is hit but a lot of the time miss.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Gentry

Stephanie is so beautiful, but imo she looks too simple for a princess. really hope that she can dress like Maxima or Mary
Old 11-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post
Stephanie is so beautiful, but imo she looks too simple for a princess. really hope that she can dress like Maxima or Mary
I get what you mean, and without denigrating other royal ladies, Stephanie can only dress like herself. I agree that she could take a cue from other crown princesses about figuring out what works on her figure (and with her coloring), and looking her very best as the second royal female representative of Luxembourg. Maxima dresses to suit her personality as does Mary. I hope Stephanie will refine her style to suit what's best for her.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Maybe the way she dresses is reflecting her personality or she just isn't into being fashionable. And to be fair there is no reason she has to be. I feel like we all want her to look like what we imagine or think a princess should but really there is no ideal to me any way. We have Mary who loves clothes and on the other end Anne who could care less. They all get their jobs done and I don't think the people that meet them care it seems like the experience of meeting them is more important than what their hair looks like or what length their dress is.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Maybe the way she dresses is reflecting her personality or she just isn't into being fashionable. And to be fair there is no reason she has to be. I feel like we all want her to look like what we imagine or think a princess should but really there is no ideal to me any way. We have Mary who loves clothes and on the other end Anne who could care less. They all get their jobs done and I don't think the people that meet them care it seems like the experience of meeting them is more important than what their hair looks like or what length their dress is.
I disagree, Stephanie doesn't have to become a fashionista but she does represent more than just herself as future Grand Duchess. Princess Anne allows her good works to speak for her rather than her fashion. I would still say Anne's clothes are always well-fitted if oft-repeated. Stepanie just needs to find a style the suits her and be done with it. I also don't agree that being well-appointed and well groomed makes no difference when one is meeting royalty.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Courtier

dharn67n, maybe she feels what she wears suits her and this is her style. I think maybe I assume she should wear different things because I feel she would look better but she obviously feels she looks fine and is comfortable in what she wears. I also agree being well groomed and tidy is important didn't mean to imply anything else. I think that all of them do look well groomed and put together most of the time.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
dharn67n, maybe she feels what she wears suits her and this is her style. I think maybe I assume she should wear different things because I feel she would look better but she obviously feels she looks fine and is comfortable in what she wears. I also agree being well groomed and tidy is important didn't mean to imply anything else. I think that all of them do look well groomed and put together most of the time.
Agree that her current style may be her style. I just think she needs to refine her style into something that is befitting her public role. It's all about tailoring and proportion IMO.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Stephanie is young and has a wealthy husband and has shown at least a couple of flashes of real fashion success since her wedding so I am not quite giving up hope yet. Maybe she is going to be a late bloomer.

But seriously, if there was a way to bribe one of the staff at her home to break into her closet and destroy all those %$*#ing scarves and slacks I'd work hard to find a way to do it!
I like your idea of getting rid of all those scarves, and oversized slacks. If you get a chance to do this, please bring me along. I'd love to give a helping hand to a good cause . As to the latest outfit, Im not loving it. The slacks are too loose, and that scarf obscures everything. If she were to wear a different colored top (beige perhaps), the scarf would have looked better.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

Two things:

1. The scarf is nice, but it's completely covering the rest of the outfit, which probably is a good thing because...

2. The jacket is too short and hits her at the widest part of her pants, which makes her look really big.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Stephanie is young and has a wealthy husband and has shown at least a couple of flashes of real fashion success since her wedding so I am not quite giving up hope yet. Maybe she is going to be a late bloomer.

But seriously, if there was a way to bribe one of the staff at her home to break into her closet and destroy all those %$*#ing scarves and slacks I'd work hard to find a way to do it!
Maybe they can do a celebrity / royal TV special of "What Not to Wear."
Old 11-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another unattractive outfit. At least her hair is looking better. But she is no worse than the other women in the group, especially her mil with her ill fitting suit.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Great idea, QueenJen! And lord knows, Stephanie would not lack for company in the "Royal Women Badly/Inappropriately Dressed" section!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Gentry

I just spent considerable time looking over forum threads related to Stephanie, from the time of her engagement announcement until today. Overall, not a lot has really changed. This pic was taken about a year ago, November 2012

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Yb6dpOCNM...9c873ba143.jpg

Big pants with jacket minus scarf. I think this is Stephanie's "style" and apparently I've become acclimated to it for better or worse. I recently read a comment posted on Queen Noor's fashion thread that the Queen was "channeling Stephanie of L" regarding the use of scarves which I didn't take as a compliment to Queen Noor. To me it appears Stephanie has developed a style (uniform).
Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the slacks are poorly fitted in that photo above(as usual!) but I do love the black, burgundy, white color combination, it's perfect.

And best of all....NO SCARVES!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
Stephanie attending an exhibition with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Princess Sibilla. I think Stephanie may be slowly coming into her own style. She is still wearing shawls but this time I think the shawl compliments her yellow jacket by not washing her out. I also like the royal blue pants (for awhile it seemed the only pants we saw her in were those greyish coloured ones). Anyway, I thought Stephanie's look was a good one. Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013 http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg
She used great colors but the scarf and the shortness of the jacket is disappointing.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I don't watch this show, but if Stephanie were on it, I would. It would be very interesting to see what suggestions the 'experts' would come up with. I think she's a conservative dresser, which is great, but needs a little bit of guidance in the fitting department (especially with the slacks).

Quote:
Great idea, QueenJen! And lord knows, Stephanie would not lack for company in the "Royal Women Badly/Inappropriately Dressed" section!
Oh, boy…I can only imagine....

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
She used great colors but the scarf and the shortness of the jacket is disappointing.
This scarf is serious business . . . (it also looks like the Priest Stole)

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I get what you mean, and without denigrating other royal ladies, Stephanie can only dress like herself. I agree that she could take a cue from other crown princesses about figuring out what works on her figure (and with her coloring), and looking her very best as the second royal female representative of Luxembourg. Maxima dresses to suit her personality as does Mary. I hope Stephanie will refine her style to suit what's best for her.
I agree with you. I think Stephanie is a person who doesn't care enough about fashion and she likes to wear something she feel comfortable with. I mean, she looked fantastic and great on her wedding dress that make me think she would have a style like another European crown princesses .
Old 11-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

November 2012http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Yb6dpOCNM...9c873ba143.jpg
Quote:
I think that is both unfair and inaccurate. In this photo she is wearing pants and a blazer, her M-I-L was wearing the same style of ensemble. It may not flatter her but it is by no means "inappropriate".

November 2013
Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg

Here she is in 2013 still following MT lead. I think we need to keep things in proportion. So yes it is time for her to take chance on her own style but once again what she is wearing is by no means "Inappropriate".

When she wears capri pants while standing on a dais reviewing the troops then you can say she is Inappropriately Dressed.

Again, I would like to remind people that she is very, very new to the public eye and has little experience of public appearances, etc. She is going to need more time to "get it together" than other CP's, etc. who have been in the public eye for 5 - 10 years prior to their marriage!

Tags
grand duchess stéphanie fashion, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style