The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Love the jacket and burgundy turtleneck on her. Very nice and the glasses are actually great. Nice outing for the HGD.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The colour of Stephanie's jumper is lovely and it also suits her. In the photos of her wearing glasses, Stephanie reminds me of a librarian (in a good way ).

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
That burgundy shade is so lovely on her, and how cute does she look with those spectacles ? Again, my favorite part is the engaging, and genuine smile. It really does light up a room.
I like the specs too....they give her a "sexy librarian" look!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

I am so shocked, but in an awesome way, as w/her colouring that deep plum/burgundy was in no way a colour I would pick for Stephanie to wear. It just really looks amazing on her though and really brings out the best in her. Stephanie needs an Evening/Gala Gown made in this colour for the upcoming Fall/Christmas season and by someone who would create something for the HGD that not only fit the occasion, but didn't look like something her MiL would wear. If that did happen, she'd literally dazzle.

IMO of course. :)
Old 10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Very pretty colour indeed for her :)
Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like the red color.

I have never seen her with glasses. They make her look older.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

I like the specs too....they give her a "sexy librarian" look!
And my mind went in the gutter . I didn't notice that until your post. Good observation.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

There's nothing glamorous about her, but she looked okay at the tennis match the other day.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

Guillaume and Stephanie were received by Pope Francis last week.

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie and Guillaume at the Vatican *

I love her lace veil, which is sweetly old-fashioned and demure, and which suits Stephanie. Her dress is black and nondescript, and her belt is very loose. In the footage, you can see how nervous she is and how she seems uncomfortable walking. (slippery floors, it seems to me)

It's a serviceable outfit, not a fashionable one. I'll leave it at that.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Majesty

I love the lace mantilla as well. It suits Stephanie. The rest of the outfit is very appropriate for visiting the head of the Roman Catholic Church. This is about appearing humble, not advertising one's latest fashion acquisitions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Lovely and sweet....very appropriate for the situation.

LaRae
Old 10-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the lace mantilla as well. It suits Stephanie. The rest of the outfit is very appropriate for visiting the head of the Roman Catholic Church. This is about appearing humble, not advertising one's latest fashion acquisitions.
I couldn't agree more. She looked beautiful, humble and the way a woman should look when visiting a man like the pope.

Love the mantilla!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Gentry

Stephanie attending an exhibition with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Princess Sibilla. I think Stephanie may be slowly coming into her own style. She is still wearing shawls but this time I think the shawl compliments her yellow jacket by not washing her out. I also like the royal blue pants (for awhile it seemed the only pants we saw her in were those greyish coloured ones). Anyway, I thought Stephanie's look was a good one.

Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg
Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I think her hair looks nice, but I can't say I am a fan of the outfit at all. I am baffled by Stephanie's attachment to oversized scarves that obscure her entire look, and slacks that are not fitted well. Also, the jacket and the scarf are a pastel yellow, better suited to springtime than the middle of fall.

If she had chosen a beige or winter white blazer and ditched the scarf this appearance would have been much more successful style wise, imo.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the scarf as it covers what she is wearing and I don't think, as she is so pale, that yellow suits her. I'm pale and blonde and all it does is reflect a yellow tinge on my face!

What I really don't understand though is that, with a few exceptions she usually wears a plain top, coloured fitted jacket, trousers and a scarf. So repetitive. Have they no money to get her some help? Is she not interested? I thought that it might be "comfortable clothing" but generally the jackets dont fit properly.

Baffling.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie is young and has a wealthy husband and has shown at least a couple of flashes of real fashion success since her wedding so I am not quite giving up hope yet. Maybe she is going to be a late bloomer.

But seriously, if there was a way to bribe one of the staff at her home to break into her closet and destroy all those %$*#ing scarves and slacks I'd work hard to find a way to do it!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I am guessing that this was her personal style before marriage and now she is in the spotlight she's using it as a security blanket to hide behind. After all, we can't whinge about a style we can't see.

I think we all need to cut her a little slack here. Both Catherine and Charlene were in the spotlight for years before they married, whereas Stephanie was a very private person who was just sort of shoved into the spotlight. That must surely have been more than a little intimidating and IMHO she took a real confidence hit with the loss of her mother and still having to move forward with her wedding. It must have made her a little insecure and we are just going to have to wait until she has gained the requisite confidence to show us what her style is going to be.

Rats!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am guessing that this was her personal style before marriage and now she is in the spotlight she's using it as a security blanket to hide behind. After all, we can't whinge about a style we can't see.

I think we all need to cut her a little slack here. Both Catherine and Charlene were in the spotlight for years before they married, whereas Stephanie was a very private person who was just sort of shoved into the spotlight. That must surely have been more than a little intimidating and IMHO she took a real confidence hit with the loss of her mother and still having to move forward with her wedding. It must have made her a little insecure and we are just going to have to wait until she has gained the requisite confidence to show us what her style is going to be.

Rats!
I have thought the loss of her mother coupled with being catapulted into the spotlight has contributed to her fashion inconsistencies. Generally speaking, Stephanie does look better here than she has in some of her past appearances.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm baffled that's all. We did have a couple of break-out lovely dresses but she has reverted. Hence bafflement

As for cutting her some slack - that's been going on since the engagement!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-13-2013, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
Stephanie attending an exhibition with TRH Grand Duchess and Crown Princess Sibilla. I think Stephanie may be slowly coming into her own style. She is still wearing shawls but this time I think the shawl compliments her yellow jacket by not washing her out. I also like the royal blue pants (for awhile it seemed the only pants we saw her in were those greyish coloured ones). Anyway, I thought Stephanie's look was a good one.

Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg
Sorry, there's no such a person as Crown Princess Sibilla. French version says about S.A.R. Princess Sibilla(Her Royal Highness P.css S.)

Tags
grand duchess stéphanie fashion, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style