Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style
Part 2

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

:cool: okokok, I think Stephanies dress was not one of the best yesterday evening, but better than many of her (sorry - boring) outfits during the last months, so definately an improvement IMHO .
BYe Bine

I'm sorry but no I liked the hat but the outfit was wrong. I know she likes to dress older , but can't she dress closer to 30 than 50. That was something her mother in-law would wear. After taking another look I think you are all right the hat is too big .

Last edited:
No to the hat but I like the dress, understated elegance frankly.

Unfortunately, the hat looked like something borrowed from Beatrix. It was too overwhelming for her face.

I have to admit, Stephanie dressed a bit too old for her age. Then again, that may reflect on her personality and her taste in style.

I'm with Lumutqueen on this one. The dress was elegant even if it was a bit too mature for her, but the hat was all wrong.

Her makeup was very good.

I didn't recognize the sashes that she and Guillaume were wearing?

I'm sorry but no I liked the hat but the outfit was wrong. I know she likes to dress older , but can't she dress closer to 30 than 50. That was something her mother in-law would wear. I

I agree. I thought the dress looked very mother of the bride and that hat was horrible.

I didn't like anything; that hat is too large and the proportion of the outfit was off. Again, she needs a good tailor. Also, the color was a bit bland and not flattering to her skintone IMO.

Well, I think she looks proper. Not the best nor the worst of the day. As one of the posters here has said she has never made a shameful choice. Ellegance is good but not the most important thing in a crown princess. Just look at her smile - very endearing.

Still walks like she just got off a horse; dress and hat look like they were made for Queen Beatrix. Better luck next time.

She has a nice smile they all do. I just wish she would dress her age or at least try dressing 30 , not dressing liker her mother in law.

She showed promise with her divine wedding dress and pre-wedding banquet dress and since then nothing. I had hoped for better had the Dutch enthronement events but she disappointed. That hat is so heavy and dated it needs destroyed immediately.

The hat definitely detracted from a nice outfit; a more stylish hat would have improved the look.

BoB I am just going to give you my posting proxy, we always agree. The outfit was light and elegant, I loved it even though she needed a tailor.

But that heavy "Beatrix" hat just ruined it all!

LOL, Moonmaiden! You know what they say about great minds and all that.;)

She could dress more younger !! Her dress is quite good but the hat is just ugly !

I feel sad for those who still hope for a glitzy glamour princess/Grand Duchess to emerge from the shadows.
I admire Stéphanie very much, and one of the reasons is her attire. Not overly glamorous, but proper and demure and event/occasion fitting.

As for "since her wedding dress nothing" - that depends on how you see it. I have always stuck with the idea "you can dress how you like but at your wedding you should pull out all the stops, since it's a once in a lifetime event." In that respect she has completely filled that idea since in many occasions today it's completely the opposite.

Anyway, Stéphanie remains true to herself and I think that she has worn some lovely outfits over the past few monts. And today she looked very regal.

I don't want glitzy or glam she dresses fine for a 50 year old. But she is not even 30 yet someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just think she would look so much better in her clothes if they were age appropriate. The outfit today looked like something a older woman should wear not a young pretty princess.

She's 29 years old.
I agree about some comments here, for such a lovely and young women she dresses way to old for her age. Youth doesn't last long, so she must enjoy (while she can) clothes that fit her age, I'm sure she'll have plenty of time to dress like that when she's in her 40s/50s.
Now lets enjoy the beauty of Youth, Stephanie.

Stephanie's outfit was such a disappointment. It would look good on her if she was 50+. The color and style doesn't suit her. I also really don't like the hat. But I must give credit that her make up looked nicely done.

Anyway, Stéphanie remains true to herself and I think that she has worn some lovely outfits over the past few monts. And today she looked very regal.

Not to me she didn't. To me, she looked like a little girl playing dress up in her grandmother's clothes, not like the lovely, elegant young woman that she is.

I think she's an attractive young woman, and I would dearly love to see her figure out how to dress to flatter her looks. She doesn't need to be the most fashion forward or flashy- she just needs clothes that fit properly and have some shape.

Absolutely:previous:, this outfit would fit right in in 1910! don't like it at all:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
And not even Mary or Sybil Downton Abbey. That's full on Mrs. Crawley territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it my imagination or does her hair seem darker? I first noticed it in the pictures from the gala last night - and now (from what I can see from under that monstrous hat) it still seems to be darker.

I'm like so many others. She hasn't dressed inappropriately, but her taste is questionable. If she's not using a stylist/tailor, she needs to.

Not to me she didn't. To me, she looked like a little girl playing dress up in her grandmother's clothes, not like the lovely, elegant young woman that she is.

I think she's an attractive young woman, and I would dearly love to see her figure out how to dress to flatter her looks. She doesn't need to be the most fashion forward or flashy- she just needs clothes that fit properly and have some shape.

I agree. Just because Beatrix abdicated it does not mean Stephanie should start grabbing things out of her wardrobe.

I usually like what she wears, but today's inauguration dress was a let down especially the hat. She is such a beautiful young woman.

Last nights Elie Saab dress was stunning though. She looked amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom