Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that it is time for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie to find a personal shopper and tailor.

Oh, that beautiful lace scarf!

Oh, can we please have a bonfire. Stephanie's scarves, MM's black tights, Maxima & Mathilde's Natan bad fit dresses, Letizia's too short pants and skirts, all of Elena's flaminco styled dresses, Princess Beatrix's soup bowl hats, oh dear I could go on and on couldn't I. Well let's just start there shall we.

I really love the lace scarf. It adds a nice touch to the look. The shade of the dress is nice for Stephanie as well. Overall, she looks pretty nice.

Fashion Bonfire

Oh, can we please have a bonfire. Stephanie's scarves, MM's black tights, Maxima & Mathilde's Natan bad fit dresses, Letizia's too short pants and skirts, all of Elena's flaminco styled dresses, Princess Beatrix's soup bowl hats, oh dear I could go on and on couldn't I. Well let's just start there shall we.

A great idea and you made me laugh. Let's start with Natan. And, let's add in ALL the skirts and dresses that are TOO tight, especially on Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. Too tight is not flattering.

I say: Let's let dear Princess Beatrix keep her soup bowl hats; they go with her. :flowers:

I like the orange myself, but her mantilla shawl makes it all too matronly.

A great idea and you made me laugh. Let's start with Natan. And, let's add in ALL the skirts and dresses that are TOO tight, especially on Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. Too tight is not flattering.

I say: Let's let dear Princess Beatrix keep her soup bowl hats; they go with her. :flowers:
I concede on Princess Beatrix, I'll let her keep her soup bowl hats. They do go with her.

I agree with those who've said the orange color works on Steph.

The scarf, however, reminds me of doilies my grandma'd put on her end tables back in the day (she never WOULD'VE actually WORN anything that even VAGUELY looked like her end table doilies out of the house, though!). It defeats any good the dress/color might've done on their own.

And, yes, I agree with LadyFinn that Steph DOES look like she's been run through the mill a time, or two. She's flashing that sweet smile of hers in a couple of the pics, but in that close-up, she looks absolutely EXHAUSTED.

Maybe she was just too tired to fool with concealer/makeup/hairstyling before this engagement?

I DO hope she's not sick.

I concede on Princess Beatrix, I'll let her keep her soup bowl hats. They do go with her.

PB without her trademark soup bowls would be like a day without sunshine!

:D

. . . maybe Maria Theresa should give her some advice.

I agree that a dose or two of MT advice certainly couldn't hurt Stephanie, along with a good tailor and stylist!

Last edited by a moderator:
The colour of the red/orange dress is nice and it is good that Stephanie uses colours, but the lace scarf ruins it all, and in some photos Stephanie does look quite worn out. The dress is youthful but the scarf makes her look like a granny.
http://www.manueldias.com/photos/albums/20130601 Fim/081.JPG
http://www.manueldias.com/photos/albums/20130601 Fim/319.JPG
http://www.manueldias.com/photos/albums/20130601 Fim/310.JPG

Her dress is by ISSA

It's not a bad dress but the color isn't right for her, she is too pale for such a color. She does look a bit tired but her make up doesn't help the situation IMO nor does her hair color. I think if it was slightly darker she would look a bit less paler. She should get rid of the shawls, they don't do her justice and they ruin her look.

Princess Beatrix looks very good with her soup bowl hats.
I don't understand why HGD Stephanie wears shawls. Most of them don't have a matching color with her outfits or they are not covering anything!!!

The dress is nice the shawl doesn't look good with the dress. I also think she just does not wear scarves and shawls correctly she just throws them on without adjusting them so that they look nice.

I want to say something positive and I have to say, that I see slight improvements... The colour is great on her and the scarf is ok, because it is a kind of "special scarf", not an ordinary shawl.
So let´s continue like this and the direction works :)
Bye Bine

I want to say something positive and I have to say, that I see slight improvements... The colour is great on her and the scarf is ok, because it is a kind of "special scarf", not an ordinary shawl.
So let´s continue like this and the direction works :)
Bye Bine

Agreed! Good perspective!

June 7, 2013 - Stephanie Wearing an Elie Saab ready to wear one shoulder dress.
I think this is one of her best looks. Good color and a nice style on her.

Elie Saab ** On Stephanie ** Close up

Last edited:
Elegant in ceremonies like this one.(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The one-shoulder dress Stephanie is wearing to the Swedish wedding hit a home run! Best thing she has worn. Transforms her into a Greek goddess. She has outstanding shoulders for this kind of dress, which I think is hard to wear for many women. The color is elegant, if colors can be elegant. Wow, is all I can say. She's such a maverick, wearing elegant things like this and then wearing somewhat dowdy things. I think it shows she has a creative personality, one that changes moods. And that man with her makes a great accessory. And no shawl! Miles covered in one fell swoop!

Love the color and the cut of this dress on her. She looks GREAT! She hasn't looked this good since her own wedding. Elie Saab is the dress designer for her that's for sure. Wish he made all her clothes.

It does nothing for her , IMO the colour is great on her ,but the gown is another matronly disaster IMO.

Last edited:
:eek: Today Stephanie looks beautiful! Beautiful dress, well-cut, hides figure flaws. Hairstyle and make-up very nice.

I like Stehpanie for being able to surprise us - on the plus and the minus! :)

I think Steohanie looks great in the one-shoulder dress. It's elegant, and flatters her figure.

Definatley one of Princess Stéphanie of Luxembourg's better looks,reminds me of the style of dress that Princess Letizia has worn.

Love the dress!!! Stephanie looks beautiful!

Would be great if she was 40. The colour saps all the life out of her skin.

She doesn't look beautiful, she looks ok

Understated sophistication IMO, she looks stunning!

The dress is just okay. I think the fit of the gown is too big or something and I don't like the color. Having said that, this is much better than anything she has worn in the past...well besides her wedding dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom