Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those who liked the dress she wore to the inauguration, but not the hat.
The dress was not the most attractive thing she has worn (she looked better in the green dress the night before), but it would have been fine if she had worn a light merry hat such as (I think) Letezia or Mathilde wore, a bunch of tall colored feathers. Even the hat of Camilla would have worked, but I liked the narrow tall feathers in blue effect. The color of the hat was as bad as the shape--too dark, didn't give a lift to the dress. There were many lighthearted hats at this inauguration, but Stephanie didn't have one of them.

I'm still thinking Stephanie is mired in the fashion rules taught by her mother, a VERY conservative woman from a very conservative society, and her dress sense is stuck in the 1940's-1950's era. We're thinking Beckham etc and she's stuck in Dior, Chanel, etc. Mind you classic Chanel is timeless.

Can't agree. No one is expecting a fashionista. If she were wearing classic Dior or Chanel one would assume it would be fitted properly and she would be elegant. She is stuck in the 40s 50s but that is more the age group she is dressing as not the era of her fashions. She dresses like a middle aged middle class suburban house wife with a bunch of kids already instead of a 29 year old woman.

I agree with those who liked the dress she wore to the inauguration, but not the hat.
The dress was not the most attractive thing she has worn (she looked better in the green dress the night before), but it would have been fine if she had worn a light merry hat such as (I think) Letezia or Mathilde wore, a bunch of tall colored feathers. Even the hat of Camilla would have worked, but I liked the narrow tall feathers in blue effect. The color of the hat was as bad as the shape--too dark, didn't give a lift to the dress. There were many lighthearted hats at this inauguration, but Stephanie didn't have one of them.

I don't think a better hat would have helped. The outfit was too old for her compared to the other women it just looked like something any of the women in their 50's could wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I think its a wrap cardigan but the color is awful. A nice blazer in a in a different color would have been nice or maybe even a nice cardigan.

Last edited:
Terrible, the wrap part looks like a beach coverup.

The shoes don't go with the outfit, either! She needs a fashion rescue from MT!

It would of been fine if it had been a structured dress coat type of thing. Looks to casual as it is.

LaRae

It's possible for a woman to be colour blind and red/green is the most common occurrence. I say this seriously and maybe this is the problem and why she tends to stick to neutral.

This outfit is not good, and it does seem too casual. I think it looks like she's wearing a bathrobe.

I think she likes green but the wrong colors of green. For the boat ride she wore the pea green gown and a brown shawl. I saw the picture on another site.

I think the color of green is fine...it's just the wrong outfit.

LaRae

Its a good thing she tried something a bit more age appropriate and color but unfortunately it was a disaster. It looked like a wrap dress over a dress. The color is a bit too strong as well.

The first outfit was just plain awful; I think Stephanie was trying to match her shoes to one of the accents in her dress but everything just clashed overall. That neon green was just way too bright and it did indeed look like a bathrobe.

The second look was much better; I like the shape and angle of her hat and the pleated jacket of her suit. The fabric on the suit and the color was very nice.

Last edited:
I can't get a good close image of the afternoon outfit (the blue right?)...but from the distance it seems to be much better.

LaRae

Stephanie looked much better this afternoon!

Luxarazzi : Closing of the Octave 2013

Chic, elegant and very appropriate. I love this. :)

Two steps back with that ghastly neon lime green wrap thing, but three steps forward for the Octave. It might take a couple of years but Guillaume's bride will be just fine.;) Thankfully time is on her side.

Last edited:
She looks lovely in what I think is navy which I think suits her better that a lot of lighter colours like the hat.

Funnily enough I very much like the blue outfit,especially the beautiful hat! I like the fit of her suit,it is feminine and classic but not old-fashioned IMO,but of course everyone has a different taste in fashion:)

I do not think she dresses like a "matron" as some ppl suggest,only she wants to look decent for an official event and prefers conservative clothes.

Many of my friends also wear similar stuff and they are 20+,they just want to look proper and do not wish to get too much attention for their appearance or be reduced to a "pretty face" because they are educated,smart and hope to get judged by their achievements and not for their looks!

Last edited:
I especially love the hat too bluerengel...very elegant.

For all Stephanie's lack of fashion style something tells me that Henri, Maria-Teresa and especially Grand Duke Jean are thrilled with this girl, especially when they have a look around at some of the other recent "royal" spouses and girlfriends.

They probably feel like they dodged a bullet and the frumpiness is a very small price to pay for it.

Last edited:
I especially love the hat too bluerengel...very elegant.

For all Stephanie's lack of fashion style something tells me that Henri, Maria-Teresa and especially Grand Duke Jean are thrilled with this girl, especially when they have a look around at some of the other recent "royal" spouses and girlfriends.

They probably feel like they dodged a bullet and the frumpiness is a very small price to pay for it.

Haha,yes,they can be extremely proud of their new family member! An asset for the RF-smart,educated,discreet and charming:) She has everything that I expect from a royal,good manners,proper schooling,good family background and a nice personality.

I find her very pretty and attractive in a special way-she has such a cute smile,but she is not the typical "tabloid-princess" like other princesses who are most famous for their clothes. (Not that there is anything wrong with being hailed as a style icon, every noble woman has a different character and other goals in life and wishes to be seen in a certain way.Obviously HGD Stéphanie prefers to let her actions speak for her.)

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh...I hate peep toe shoes! They take away from her overall look, which is excellent at this event.

I think peep toe shoes are old fashioned and ugly.

Stephanie at the Inauguration Water Pageant and Dinner on 30th April.
Vorschau
I think that the dress is recycled. Brown and green isn't a good combination.

That's the same gown she wore at Christoph and Adelaide's bridal banquet combined with one of M-T's mink stoles.

The dress is very pretty(I've seen better photos of it) but you are right, the wrap does not work well with it.

A couple of posts have been deleted as off-topic! Please stay on topic of this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom