Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a post about Diana!

Seeing lovely Stephanie in the suit reminded me of something someone (don't ask me who) said about the 20-year-old Diana who was wearing a suit similar to this one: "She's got a whole lifetime ahead of her to wear suits; she needn't start now."

Stephanie has a winsome beauty which is not always complemented by her attire. Like most everyone else, I look forward to her 'fashion awakening' (or not). The suit and hat were attractive, but perhaps a bit too mature for her.

I the suit and I like the hat. I think there needs to be another color somewhere to break up the blue a bit.

For once ladongas, I do not think Stephanie's suit was too mature. It is stylish and the hemline hit well above the knee. I have seen her contemporaries Kate and Victoria dressed pretty much the same way.

Besides, since this was a formal religious event she could not afford to be too adventurous.

I think she nailed this one...elegant, demure and age appropriate...EXCEPT for the shoes!

Very nice - like the suit a lot (suits for work are not age specific); appropriate; the hat is a tad different but I like it. It needs a bit of a lift so perhaps a shocking pink flower would have worked - because its all matching without a colour break.

She is wearing what looks like dangling pearl or silver earrings but they are too small to really stand out.

Blue is the color of Our Lady so it's a very appropriate color for her to wear considering the event.

LaRae

I don't think she needs to be a fashionista but she should in my opinion dress her age. That doesn't mean miniskirts or low cut dresses. It means clothing for a well dressed 30 year old not a 50 year old.

I don't think Kate is "boring" at all fashion wise...she is nearly always just right. I don't know what people want or expect. These young women are representing(in most cases) ancient monarchies, they are not TV starlets or runway models . They have to walk an extreme tightrope.

With the exception of about three outfits I have loved everything Kate has worn since she married William.

LaRae great point about Stephanie's choice of the color blue.

LOL!! julliette that green wrap thing was so godawful horrible that I don't think it was Stephanie at all...it was her doppelganger taking her place while she rested up for the Octave appearances.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for the link!

I'm saying this very quickly and moving on: she only needed a pair of fuzzy slippers to complete the nightgown/bathrobe look with that neon green/print outfit.

And I love the swoop of that hat in that view; very elegant.

I just read on another message board that Stephanie now has two ladies-in-waiting attending her, both of them were once assigned to GD Maria-Teresa.

This could go either way. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
The suit and color are nice, and the shoes are good. My favorite part is the hat. Very chic. Nice outing for her style wise.

She will still be choosing her clothes I don't think the ladies in waiting will have any say in what she wears. Maybe if she asks their opinion they will tell her the truth if they see what we see.

Last edited:
I am hoping they might help her look more put together by...errrm..suggesting appropriate accessories and colors and offering assistance with her hair.

So many times Stephanie has missed the mark simply because she was not accessorized particularly well.

Anyway, she is young and doesn't seem resistant to help or advice. A skilled lady-in-waiting might be just what she needs at this very early stage in her public life.

Stephanie is a cute girl, and has a lovely figure. To me, the pictures of her in the neon green robe and the top of this blue suit make her middle look large. Does anyone else see that? Otherwise, I like the blue suit, had and shoes. And no scarf!

Ladies in waiting are not stylists. And they will not be Stephanie's age, if they have already supported GD M-T. they will help her with protocol and stuff like that.

She needs a stylist!

Who knows cepe...they might be doubling as dressers, or at least one of them could be. I am going to be optimistic here.

QueenJen the fact that the neon green horror does not flatter her figure is the least of it's problems. It's just so awful I cannot believe Stephanie left the house with it on.

Who knows cepe...they might be doubling as dressers, or at least one of them could be. I am going to be optimistic here.

QueenJen the fact that the neon green horror does not flatter her figure is the least of it's problems. It's just so awful I cannot believe Stephanie left the house with it on.

I fully agree, Moonmaiden, the green thing is atrocious on all points. It looks like something you'd throw on to sneak out and get the newspaper and lock yourself out of the house...

I fully agree, Moonmaiden, the green thing is atrocious on all points. It looks like something you'd throw on to sneak out and get the newspaper and lock yourself out of the house...

lol locked yourself out of the house.

[It looks like something you'd throw on to sneak out and get the newspaper and lock yourself out of the house... ]//quote QueenJen

OMG...yesss!! Exactly! Maybe that is what happened! :lol::p

Jen, the blue suit does make her look big around the middle, otherwise is good looking and appropriate for a serious occasion. It is very hard to wear a peplum unless one has a tiny waist. My mom wore them but on me--yikes! I'll admit that when young my body type was Stephanie's and my clothes choices were similar--sometimes hippie-creative, occasionally chic, usually non-descript, which was partly because I was very busy going to school and getting started in teaching, and was not a fashionista. I needed some good advice, as Stephanie does. My mom's only advice was to get thinner...but my body type is not thin and efforts to starve did not work. Yes, she needs a dresser who is in charge and she would probably like the results. I like her whatever she wears, except for her shoes, which I do not like ever.

The suit looks nice and its a nice color but something is off with the jacket in the close up. The whole outfit looks better in a full shot in the distance. The hat looks like a beach hat.

I have to agree.

That green neon outfit she was wearing was dreadful. I really thinks she needs to hire a stylist.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway...it's possible that Stephanie's wardrobe will improve, but right now I can only judge her style by what she's currently wearing, and it's not good. Hopefully she'll hire someone to give her a few tips.

Last edited:
She is a wonderful and lovely young woman, who dresses like she was 50. A comment from a woman who is 71, so forgive me. She needs a "good" stylist", many are awful. At the Dutch celebrations she looked awful and out of touch. And, sorry, to those who think "Americans" are responsible for that the "look thing". A previous poster said that. We like white teeth, good foundation garments and a nice look. Just us, I guess.

She has had a few good outings and some really, really bad ones. I think she looked great at Chris and Adelaide's wedding events, I loved her DVF wrap dress from a couple of weeks ago, I loved the cute sky blue blazer/black slacks ensemble recently and I really am in love with that navy blue suit and hat from the Octave ceremony today.

She is learning, and as I posted before it might take a few years. But in a few years she will still be in only her very early 30's, so she has time on her side.

I just don't see her as a hopeless case after only six months, that's all.

ETA: ICAM with COUNTESS...the Dutch event was not a success for her style-wise. :sad:

Last edited:
I think she will do well. The navy suit and hat are for someone 10 years older than she. She is sweet and lovely, you never get younger. Live it while you can.

As I posted earlier, I've seen Kate, Letizia and even Charlene in exactly the same type of suit at various points in their Royal careers.

When I was 27-29 I had a suit very similar to Stephanie's...but no hat of course and I would never be caught dead in open toe shoes!

Or get the milk bottle from the doorstep!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom