The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But why is she wearing the same trousers nearly every time?

Its as if she is trying to follow Letitia's pared-down approach but without the fit (or flair, sadly).
I agree about those trousers of Stephanie. I wish her maid or laundress would simply burn them. They are her apparently her favored item of clothing as well as her least flattering.

I don't agree that Letizia wears pants with either fit or flair. She is simply too thin and looks like a boy when she wears them, usually paired with a dull blouse or cardigan and ugly platforms to make herself appear taller.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

stephanie at the small states of europe games:

http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/2693/4900008111178311-40c30456164a62bed0705ceaac11a64b.jpg

she seems to do much better at informal wear :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Courtier

The scarf is back I see.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Yeah she should of left that scarf at home this time.

LaRae
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

That color red IS pretty on her.

And from what I can see/make out, her jeans fit her well.

The scarf.

Oh, well.

Y'can't have everything, I suppose, and this IS Stephanie.

And just an observation . . .

Went back and looked at the pic just now. From what I can tell, it seems as though the jacket's buttoned (as usual) underneath the pretty much omnipresent scarf. To me, it looks a bit strained in the waist/underneath arm area, as usual.

I'm kind of starting to wonder if EVERY jacket in her closet is/was fitted/tailored THAT snugly all the time. Or if she's just put on a few pounds out of happiness since she's been married?

Or . . .
Old 05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the close(er) fitting clothes are a result of newly-wed contentment. Everyone forgets that this woman is not like the HGD-equivalent women. Fortunately, she is allowed to be herself (which means wearing what she likes, not concerned so much about how she looks as to what she is doing). That is commendable in a "look at me, I'm special" world.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think the close(er) fitting clothes are a result of newly-wed contentment. Everyone forgets that this woman is not like the HGD-equivalent women. Fortunately, she is allowed to be herself (which means wearing what she likes, not concerned so much about how she looks as to what she is doing). That is commendable in a "look at me, I'm special" world.
Newly-wed contentment?

Sure!

Sounds plausible and reasonable, to me.

Most of us've been there, done that at some point, perhaps.

And Lord knows, every picture you see of Steph and G, he looks happy as a hog in mud having her as the one he's with!

And SHE doesn't look like she's running to find any exits trying to get away from HIM, either!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Stephanie didn't wear the scarf when presenting the medals. Here is a complete version of the outfit with no scarf
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3...77134ae7d5.jpg
Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the full-length, scarf-less pic, julliette!

Love the red color on Steph, love the shoes, like the jeans.

The jacket?

No.

Looks too snug to me, as usual, and probably would've worked better if it were at least a size or two bigger and well-tailored. Unbuttoned? Nope. This time, I don't think that would've worked real well for her, based on the amount of chest I see that's exposed while it's closed. And the sleeves on the jacket? Usually, they're too long. On THIS jacket, they're too SHORT, I think.

She has SUCH a sweet face and smile, though!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Stephanie didn't wear the scarf when presenting the medals. Here is a complete version of the outfit with no scarf
HGD Stepanie looks very nice in casual clothes & to please her TRF-fans she has chosen trousers that are not wide and flowy but modern and feminine She probably took the scarf because it was cold or windy,but without the scarf her outfit looks better & the red colour looks good on her too.
. Helen Keller
Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I want to like her a lot on a personal level. She needs some help with her clothes, but help that MIL does not provide. A lot of her evening clothes are way too old and alot of this type of clothes needs a bit of help. I dont think it's a good look, though, at one's wedding celebration for the bride and the future MIL to wear a dress so nearly identical. She needs to find her own comfortable place. But I think they look very happy.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its good to see her in color but I wish she went for nude or black shoes instead of red. I don't mind the scarf, it matches the outfit.
Her hair seems slightly darker, a better shade on her IMO. Doesn't give her that pale look.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Great look. The jacket could be one size up, but no matter. I love her smile.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh it really is a tremedously awful outfit ... IMO it does nothing for her and I am getting casual presently metals at sport event not a tiara occasion but this is nightmare stuff I try to see the best in all her gear but it is really going from bad to worse and this is only IMO of course Stephanie needs serious help and .... FAST.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Aristocracy

Seeing her outfit without the scarf, I'm gonna say that the scarf wasn't a bad choice.
But why is she wearing jeans???!!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

She was probably wearing jeans because it was a sport event and she was dressing casually just like every other princess would have done in her position,sport events are not requiring formal dresses!
What we know about Stéphanie is that she is very intellectual and does not have so much interest in fashion- that´s why I am happy as long as she wears something that is well-tailored,appropriate and does not have a screaming colour.
I do not expect her to dress like CP Mary or other Princesses who are more interested in fashion. What I would suggest to her is to get some shift dresses of a good material + a few well-tailored suits- that would make a good base for an effortlessly elegant style that only needs to be finished with nice accessoires!
. Helen Keller
Old 06-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Courtier

She looks o.k. the event is casual so the jeans are fine. The jacket could be a size bigger .
Old 06-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
She was probably wearing jeans because it was a sport event and she was dressing casually just like every other princess would have done in her position,sport events are not requiring formal dresses!
What we know about Stéphanie is that she is very intellectual and does not have so much interest in fashion- that´s why I am happy as long as she wears something that is well-tailored,appropriate and does not have a screaming colour.
I do not expect her to dress like CP Mary or other Princesses who are more interested in fashion. What I would suggest to her is to get some shift dresses of a good material + a few well-tailored suits- that would make a good base for an effortlessly elegant style that only needs to be finished with nice accessoires!
intellect and interest in fashion are not mutally exclusive.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
intellect and interest in fashion are not mutally exclusive.
Very true, and intellect would suggest to me that one should know when ones clothes do not fit properly or are in need of being pressed.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh come on. Lets give her a break. She's wearing jeans and a blazer. Nothing very different from what I would normally see most women of that age wearing on the street on a casual outing.

I'm sure she has other attributes that we can discuss.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style