Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me Stephanie looked great in both appearances. Her gait problem could be because she has a hip/balance or a combination of both. I like the way she dresses; she could dress like this for the rest of her life so we might as well get used to it. She's a beautiful, intelligent young woman and has the social skills that enables her to carry herself well in public. I like her a lot and she represents herself, Luxembourg, her husband, family and in laws very well.

Fully agree to all. She just need to forget the scarf at home.

I don't understand all the comments about the scarf! Did I miss a picture where she was wearing the scarf?

^^ The scarf didn't catch my attention too. I only noticed it in the video when she sat and put the scarf on her legs

She carried it folded and then placed it on her lap.

Last edited:
She carried it folded and then placed in on her lap.

Exactly, which is why I don't understand what the big deal is. It was an accessory that she brought along, maybe as a precaution. I understand the frustration with HRH's clothes, but there's no real reason IMO to focus soooooooo much attention on this scarf.

[If Guillaume should wish for a "perfect gait" he could purchase a Lippizaner horse from the Spanish Riding School in Vienna,they are great in every way ]//quote blauerengel

This comment made me laugh and laugh....so funny and so true!:lol::lol:

I also 100% agree with Meraude. Royal watchers can get their fashion fix from one of several cookie-cutter princesses dotting the landscape these days. Guillaume married a lovely, intelligent and sweet girl who pleases him, his family and his country, so that should be good enough.

Last edited:
Guillaume married a lovely, intelligent and sweet girl who pleases him, his family and his country, so that should be good enough.

She may well be all those things you say she is but that does not mean in a fashion thread we have to say she is well dressed. It is quite possible, even easy, to differentiate between the person and the clothes she wears. She may be a lovely person but IMO she needs someone to help her with her wardrobe, like making sure clothes are pressed and fitted properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup! I like Stephanie and I'd love to see her looking her best. There's no malice in hoping she'll learn what suits her. She doesn't need to be on the cutting edge of fashion so much as she needs to find a good fit and learn what colors flatter her skin tone.

The Duchess of Cambridge is a good example- Kate has a very defined style that some people find boring, but her clothes are almost always well tailored, classic and appropriate. I'd like to see Stephanie find a similar look.

She may well be all those things you say she is but that does not mean in a fashion thread we have to say she is well dressed. It is quite possible, even easy, to differentiate between the person and the clothes she wears. She may be a lovely person but IMO she needs someone to help her with her wardrobe, like making sure clothes are pressed and fitted properly.

I never intimated that she was well dressed and I agree that she needs some fine tuning. I've said so many times right here in this thread. I also don't think she's as bad as some of you say. She's worn several perfectly lovely outfits since she married but a few posters here make it sound like every appearance has been an imitation of Minnie Pearl at the Grand Ole Opry. :ermm:

She is never going to be a fashion plate even if and when she finds a better tailor is all I'm saying. Waiting and hoping for it to happen makes us all look like Charlie Brown, waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear.

And btw, I looked at the clip above and see nothing wrong with her walk...even if she doesn't glide like a swan.

Speaking of the Duchess of Cambridge I agree that she looks smashing most of the time. But some of her choices leave me cold, particular her yen for skin tight pencil leg jeans that leave nothing to the imagination. I am thinking of the ones she wore last summer at the Games. Those were neither appropriate nor dignified, and even if Stephanie had the figure for them I bet she would have the sense and the class never to wear them publically.

Last edited:
*lol*,I had to look up "Minnie Pearle" after reading this line: "She's worn several perfectly lovely outfits since she married but a few posters here make it sound like every appearance has been an imitation of Minnie Pearl at the Grand Ole Opry."

Minnie´s colourful hats bring a smile to my face, I find them extremely cute and for some occasions (Mardi Gras!) these hats might be fun to wear,but not for a dignified royal lady for a state event;-)

I find HGD Stéphanie has a lot of nice styles and outfits as well,only some of them did not seem very dynamic or modern to me and some did not have a good fit. Just like everyone else here,I would wish her to have less fashion faux pas-because I like her a lot & I want her to look great!

The Duchess of Cambridge dresses well most of the time,maybe the skinny jeans were not my cup of tea,but for state eventy she always gets classy,elegant dresses that fit well.

For HGD Stéphanie I would rather take Princess Mathilde of Belgium as fashion example,as they are both rather conservative & discreet,very little interested in superficial things,both highly educated & intellectual and don´t wish to be in the spotlight,especially not because of their appearance!
(Of course,I know that they are different in age,but Princess Mathilde´s style with a few adaptions could be used for younger ladies as well.)
Mathilde has a simple,elegant look and prefers comfortable clothes,without too much fuss about it. Most of the time I like what she wears,she has nice tailored clothes and choses good colours too.

Last edited:
I also 100% agree with Meraude. Royal watchers can get their fashion fix from one of several cookie-cutter princesses dotting the landscape these days. Guillaume married a lovely, intelligent and sweet girl who pleases him, his family and his country, so that should be good enough.

true. stephanie may not be the most glamorous, but some of us actually think it's better that way :) there's other royals who can suit those looking for a clothes horse...
i love seeing these two out and about, whatever stephanie wears.
her similarity with mathilde is evident: both noblewomen who didn't need to marry a prince to live the way they do now, so no need to show off their newly acquired wardrobe, both simplistic in the way they dress yet highly educated.

With HGD Stéphanie I would say it is only the problem of walking with extra-high heels, in other public appearances I found her walk normal,at least I did not notice anything. Walking in high heels needs a special technique,it takes some time until you walk elegantly in heels...I often see ladies walking like soldiers or moving their upper body in a strange way due to balance-issues when they wear such high heels;)
As with everything in life-practice makes perfect & a good technique can also be helpful!
I have seen her walk in flats and heels and it is just in high heels that she walks awkwardly.
She should stick to low heels like P Anne and QUII.

The jacket is so cute!I also like the colour of it,very fresh and elegant! Does anyone recognize the designer of the light blue jacket?

She looks great. Love the blue jacket.

I thought that Stephanie looked lovely at the visit to the European Parliament. I really like the colour of her dress, it looks good on her. Her clutch bag and jewellery are nice too. :)

Delivering Diplomas to Students
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7775/000vd.jpg

The pants have the cut problem as every of her pants. Apart from it, I think she looks amazing. Had the pants a good cut and this outfit would be amazing

I really like her jacket, mainly because blue is my favourite colour :p. Her trousers and clutch bag are nice too, and so are her shoes. I like her hair style as well. Overall, I think she looks lovely.

Last edited:
Think this is one of the few times since the wedding where i have liked what Stephanie was worn to an engagement - the jacket is cute and a nice bright colour

What a beautiful style jacket and color; I really like her hairstyle and her little clutch. She looks really lovely today.

Last edited:
Few times I like what Stephanie wears, but she looks lovely today :flowers:
That shade of blue flatters her face a lot and the jacket itself is very pretty.

She doesn´t seem a very fashion-concious kind of girl, and I´m fine with that.;)

This outfit is perfect IMO. This blue and black are good together

Agreed. The word Perfect is perfect. I think it os the woman who makes the clothes not the other way around.

I love it! Beautiful color, beautiful fit and she looks happier and more 'light' in spirit each time I see her. I like this young lady.

The shade of blue is great for Stephanie. Glad to see her looking so lovely, and happy.

Very nice outfit, light, bright, and it fits! Agree that the pants could be a little better cut.
Also, I would have preferred a beige vs. the black pants, but the improvement is so Great!
Love her hairstyle and earrings too. She looks pulled together and age appropriate.

As far as slacks outfits, this is her best look yet. That sky blue jacket/blouse is to die for. I wonder who the designer is?:whistling:

Black and blue with a touch of white...very chic!

The trousers appear very matronly but I love the jacket the colour is gorgeous on her and I like the little blouse underneath her hair is pretty and up and I like the bag... better.. much IMO

As far as slacks outfits, this is her best look yet. That sky blue jacket/blouse is to die for. I wonder who the designer is?:whistling:

Black and blue with a touch of white...very chic!

I wonder that too! It reminds me of some Valentino jackets from previous collections, but I'm not sure this one is a Valentino too.

Any ID would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom