The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear really horrible IMO I don't thing the colour does a thing for her and the sleeves are too terrible I agree Frelinghighness they do have a few years on her but Mary has IMO always looked amazingshould we hope she gets advice there?? I am just not sure what is going on ..!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Courtier

I think she wears what she likes and this is her style. I think if she asks for help Maria Theresa will help, but I don't see her volunteering style advice to Stephanie.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure MT would be my go to person for fashion advice.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Stephanie stood out in the heirs photo but not in a good way. I keep hoping she'll find her fashion footing soon, but she projects such an air of sweetness about her.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There is something about Stephanie that brings out the protective instincts in us all. But I'm sorry to have to say it, but that dress is a mess! It has to be cheap/thin fabric for it to crease that much; the colour doesn't help as its blergg; the style does not enhance how she looks. I've seen the pictures of her in Rome and the style of dress suited her as it was waisted, with a belt.

She needs help and I thought her m-in-law would have helped her. She looked so beautiful when she got married and Elie Saab wove the magic. She needs a fairy godmother. Or a stylist. Or both!
This is exactly how I feel as well. There is a sweetness, a throwback innocence to the girl. I like her but would love it if she got a sort of fairy godmother. I think her mother-in-law will not intrude for fear of violating boundaries. Anyway Guillaume has never looked happier, so I suppose Stephanie is not motivated to change a thing if the man she loves is content with her as is.

As well as being a spectacular bride, I think Stephanie also looked lovely at the wedding of her husband's cousin Archduke Christoph.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
This is exactly how I feel as well. There is a sweetness, a throwback innocence to the girl. I like her but would love it if she got a sort of fairy godmother. I think her mother-in-law will not intrude for fear of violating boundaries. Anyway Guillaume has never looked happier, so I suppose Stephanie is not motivated to change a thing if the man she loves is content with her as is.

As well as being a spectacular bride, I think Stephanie also looked lovely at the wedding of her husband's cousin Archduke Christoph.
I agree with all of that too.

I did not mind the dress, I thought it quirky. My main issue was the wrinkles.

Because she wears so many scarves and has her hands in her sleeves I'm convinced she is one of those people who are always COLD, like me. So I can't blame her.

As for any mother-in-law deciding to give style advice to her daughter-in-law, it goes on top of my list of WHAT NOT TO DO. EVER.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her outfit in that photo was dreadful. Rumpled and frumpy. I do hope that eventually, she does find a style that flatters her and makes her feel comfortable. I'm sure she'll figure it out with time.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she already has a style that makes her comfortable quite honestly. It's the fashion watchers who compare her with the Charlenes, Kates, and Marys of Europe and find her lacking who are not comfortable.

She's had more "misses" than "hits" since her wedding day but again, if her new family and her new countrymen are not complaining then I guess it doesn't matter.

She seems to have her priorities in order.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I am not sure MT would be my go to person for fashion advice.
Agreed; I don't think MT ever looks nice.

(Though, clothing simply doesn't look attractive on a woman who is obese; that may sound harsh but it is a fact).
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Agreed; I don't think MT ever looks nice.

(Though, clothing simply doesn't look attractive on a woman who is obese; that may sound harsh but it is a fact).
I think that it is a rude personal comment and unnecessary.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Serene Highness

The wrinkled pink dress, when seen up closer in a secondary picture which I had not seen yesterday, has revealed its problem. It was pulled out of a suitcase, or else was the bottom layer in the back seat of the car. It is probably pure cotton, which wrinkles easily. The answer is to hang the dress on a clotheshangar on a hook in the back of the car, and to have a travel iron.
Stephanie was not thinking ahead with this dress, as to weather or how to keep the dress looking fresh. She was probably thinking about other interesting things and not about her clothes. If she saw this picture, she might now have some plans on how to keep clothes looking fresh when you are traveling without a maid or hairdresser or any of the entourage the really chic royals may have.
As a person who wears only natural fabrics (cotton, wool, silk) I understand how to make the cottons look well after travel. But when Stephanie's age, I didn't understand any of that!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Majesty

I think it's a shame Charles & Camilla, Albert & Charlene, Prince Fredrik and Mette-Marit wasn't part of the picture.

I think Stephanie have her own thing going on. I think over time her fashion will change.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
And Charles & Camilla have exactly what to do with the fashion choices of Stephanie of Luxembourg? Also Albert & Charlene are already a reigning couple.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think that it is a rude personal comment and unnecessary.

I'll apologize for mentioning it; I didn't intend to be rude, but you're right, it was not necessary to say so in public.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we should all cut Stephanie a good deal of slack. It's pretty clear she does not have a stylist. Mary and Charlene, for example, have full-time stylists and dressers to find clothes for them and get them ready for public appearances, and even then they don't get it right all the time.

I'm sure the necessary staff and guidance will be procured for Stephanie which will help her discover her personal style and then to execute it.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie's two last appearances

Alzheimer Luxembourg Association

Side view ** Front view

I like her coat but I'm not sure it goes well with wide leg pants and I'm sure it doesn't go well with nude pants. Weird colour combination.

Concert: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4...84800thumb.jpg

She looks just perfect in this last one
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Courtier

She looks very nice in the last picture.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice outfits. I guess it's still pretty cold in Luxembourg? Can't wait to see what she'll wear to WA & Maxima's inauguration and Felix/Claire's wedding.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think that color on the last dress is good for her but the style is nice.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

More blerrgh. Please someone help her. Her hair looks good, she is an attractive woman but she needs sartorial help!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
grand duchess, hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, luxembourg royals, stephanie de lannoy, stephanie fashion, stephanie style