The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree Princess Carmen, and I also really hate the purse. Or maybe it's just the way she is carrying it...reminds me of Queen Elizabeth or Queen Beatrix.

The only time Stephanie ever looks genuinely relaxed is around little children, same as Charlene of Monaco. I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

The color is nice, but the top part of the dress doesn't seem to fit properly and those shoes are terrible.

I don't expect her to replicate Mary or Kate or any of the other princesses, but it would be nice to see her in clothes that are less matronly. I think the clothes she picks age her and sometimes I have a hard time believing that she's in her 20's.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

There is something wrong with the sleeves, particularly at the top; she is wearing lower heels - otherwise she is slightly taller than him. The bag is probably expensive but looks cheap.

How much time does she get?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the color of the dress is what ages it. It's too dark. This is springtime. Why not wear it in a pink or blue or peach? I have seen her in all three colors and she looks sensational in those shades!

That bag and those shoes need to go, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There is something wrong with the sleeves, particularly at the top; she is wearing lower heels - otherwise she is slightly taller than him. The bag is probably expensive but looks cheap.

If Stephanie was doing something to embarrass herself or her country-like wearing see through dresses or giving them a peek at her bum-I'd say she needs to get her act together asap. If the people of the Grand Duchy were beginning to complain I'd say asap.

Yes her wardrobe is a bit staid for her age but she is always, always presentable and seems to be slowly improving with each appearance. For a girl who I suspect never paid much attention at all to fashion before her marriage to the HGD, she is doing as well as could be expected after only six months.

Especially if she is struggling by on her own without any fashion help or advice.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

The colour is OK to me. I wear dark colour is spring and summer, see no problem in that
Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the plum color, but the style unfortunately makes it too matronly and I think the color is too strong for her. Stephanie seems to be trying improve her look in small ways and will surely get up to speed with her style soon enough, I think. For me, because she does so well with her public appearances you just want to see her look her very best in flattering styles and colors.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Since she's noble she get all the time that she needs. It's the commoners that have a hard time with people
Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Since she's noble she get all the time that she needs. It's the commoners that have a hard time with people
WEll said. Hadn't thought of that myself. Sooner or later the fashion police on here will some after her.

Frankly I'm not worried about how she dresses, I just get peeved with bad workmanship.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Glad she has lower heels and seems more confident walking.
The dress is very matronly, it's just cut a little to full, and the color is more for a brunette.
Much better appearance, she seemed a lot more comfortable. No scarf!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Majesty

This is a definite improvement. I think with time Stephanie will figure out what works for her when she's out on official functions. She's doing great, and that's what counts.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Could you lose the sarcasm please? I have criticized the clothes of noblewomen from Queen Fabiola on down to the very aristocratic Mathilde of Belgium for years and so have many others on this Forum, so I don't get the point you are trying to make at all.

As I've said before, Stephanie has lots of room for improvement. But I don't happen to believe that she is a failure because she dresses older than her age, especially considering the fact that she's been married such a brief time and is obviously trying, sorry.

The slacks you are referring to that S wore during her engagement were not tight. They were made of what looked like a cheap material, perhaps polyester or a polyester blend and her underwear lines were visible which is not quite the same as giving her future subjects a full on view in my opinion. Anyway if we are going to begin discussing the behavior and wardrobe of recent Royal brides even before their weddings, nine out of ten of them wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

The colour is not the best choice for her, but the whole appearance is OK.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think the color of the dress is what ages it. It's too dark. This is springtime. Why not wear it in a pink or blue or peach? I have seen her in all three colors and she looks sensational in those shades!

That bag and those shoes need to go, period.

If Stephanie was doing something to embarrass herself or her country-like wearing see through dresses or giving them a peek at her bum-I'd say she needs to get her act together asap. If the people of the Grand Duchy were beginning to complain I'd say asap.

Yes her wardrobe is a bit staid for her age but she is always, always presentable and seems to be slowly improving with each appearance. For a girl who I suspect never paid much attention at all to fashion before her marriage to the HGD, she is doing as well as could be expected after only six months.
I completely agree with you and what you wrote about Stéphanie´s style.
The recent dress is ok with me,it fits her body and looks decent and nice,however the accessoires could have been more "fresh" and maybe a tad more youthful in my taste. Princes Victoria of Sweden also does not care much about fashion (in one interview she said so and told the reporters she asks Madeleine for her opinion sometimes)She prefers simple,minimal looks and comfy clothes for her day appearances,but Victoria is more daring with her accessoires and is not afraid of taking statement jewels or expressive pieces to accessorize her outfits.
I would love to see the dress again,only with different bag&shoes,I like HGD Stéphanie´s natural look and I am happy that she did not change herself overnight to fit into people´s perception of how a modern princess should look!
. Helen Keller
Old 04-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Visiting Mersch

Front ** Better view ** Back

I love this one.

The shoes seem to be Roger Vivier. Any idea of the rest?
The fit of the sleeves seem to be wrong. The overall look is too old for her.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
. The overall look is too old for her.
That seems to be her preferred style....premature matronhood.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Had Stephanie worn a different pair of shoes and bag, the look wouldn't be matronly. I think the dress is fine different accessories would have been better
Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Had Stephanie worn a different pair of shoes and bag, the look wouldn't be matronly. I think the dress is fine different accessories would have been better
I agree, it's the accessories that take it to granny looking. I like the dress.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

I see nothing matronly about this outfit, to be honest. This is a lovely dress that I would wear too.

About the sleeves, notice that they are not "normal" sleeves. They have some detail in the top area that, IMO, Stephanie's body doesn't carry as it should be, hence, they may look like there's something wrong.

Does anyone has any idea of the designer of the dress?

Some more pics from the same event

Side view of the Roger Vivier shoes ** Walking with different shoes

It seems she wore pumps with a high heel to visit an institution and then she changed to the Roger Vivier ones for walking around the town. I think it shows how unconfortable she's walking in high heels
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Nobility

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/402...f5a263994c.jpg

I like it, the dress is very elegant! The bag and shoes are also very formal and stylish. Taking into consideration the weather and the formal occasion, I think it is an exquisite choice for the day.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love it the whole look and adore the bag love the shoes just love it.....

Tags
grand duchess, hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, luxembourg royals, stephanie de lannoy, stephanie fashion, stephanie style