Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swedish girls was wonderful especially Estelle. The Spanish on the other just good. Sofia prettier while the dress of Leonor terrible.

The Swedish girls was wonderful especially Estelle. The Spanish on the other just good. Sofia prettier while the dress of Leonor terrible.
"Terrible" is a very harsh word to use for a dress worn by a young princess. Besides the dress is lovely and suits her very well.

Estelle and Leonore looked absolutely precious. As to Princess Leonor, and Infanta Sofia, I'm not sure. The dresses are a little drab, but it looks like a military event, so perhaps a darker tone is more fitting. Their mother appears to be wearing a navy blue dress/suit as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

"Terrible" is a very harsh word to use for a dress worn by a young princess. Besides the dress is lovely and suits her very well.

I believe that the choice was made by her mother. There the word goes to the selection. You find it lovely me not.

I think Estelle looks beautiful in her outfit, I like the combination of white shoes and white socks. Leonore's dress is sweet.

Yesterday, October 11th, was the Christening of Prince Nicolas of Sweden:
**Princess Estelle** **Close-up** **Princess Leonore** **Close-up**

Today, October 12th, was the Día de la Hispanidad, Spain's National Day:
**Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia** **Close-up**

Estelle's outfit is from Marie Chantal and Leonore's dress is from Bonpoint (it doesn't come with the frills around the neckline).
Leonor and Sofia's outfits are from Nanos.

I agree. We must remember that a lot of the children being discussed on this thread are still quite young. I think it's fine to say that you dislike a child's outfit, because of course, we all have different tastes, but "terrible" is a rather strong word.
I personally didn't have a problem with Sofia's outfit, I thought it was sweet and vintage looking. I do prefer Leonor's though.

Last edited:
Estelle had this lovely outfit already at Carl Philip's and Sofia's banns of marriage in May at the Royal Chapel. It's great that it was recycled.

Last edited:
I think both Spanish processes always look so elegant. But Leonor could wear a gunny sack and still make it look fabulous.

Today, October 12th, was the Día de la Hispanidad, Spain's National Day:
**Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia** **Close-up**
The Spanish on the other just good. Sofia prettier while the dress of Leonor terrible.
I believe that the choice was made by her mother. There the word goes to the selection. You find it lovely me not.
Leonore's dress is sweet. Leonor and Sofia's outfits are from Nanos.

I agree. We must remember that a lot of the children being discussed on this thread are still quite young. I think it's fine to say that you dislike a child's outfit, because of course, we all have different tastes, but "terrible" is a rather strong word.

I personally didn't have a problem with Sofia's outfit, I thought it was sweet and vintage looking. I do prefer Leonor's though.
I thought both young girls looked nice. But this is a fashion thread and yes, even children's dresses can look "terrible". As eya pointed out, many dresses are their mother's choices. But to say the dress looks terrible is perfectly acceptable.

It is not a personal attack on a child, merely a statement that the dress looked terrible. As with all fashion threads, it is all subjective because what some like others may abhor.

Now if you say that the child is ugly, unattractive, too thin, too chubby, etc. then there would be a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Both Estelle and Leonore's outfits were adorable.

It is not a personal attack on a child, merely a statement that the dress looked terrible. As with all fashion threads, it is all subjective because what some like others may abhor.

Now if you say that the child is ugly, unattractive, too thin, too chubby, etc. then there would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But, actually I thought both girls looked lovely.

It probably is least offensive to not label and instead say "I don't like it because...." Because the truth is that any post is that it is all just our own opinion and all very subjective.

I've personally enjoyed all the little people fashion we saw over the past week. There have been some non-traditional choices that I thought were quite elegant!

Terrible is simply too strong of a word to describe most dresses and the poster may be a non native English speaker and not be totally familiar with levels of adjectives used.
The Spanish girls always look nice, their hairdos were really cute. The colors on their dresses seemed on the drab side to me.
Love the added lace collar to leonore of swedes dress. Not too fond of grey on toddlers, but that picked it up

@ Kathia Sophia- Are the pictures you took from the legitimate my royals site or the new one? How worried do I have to be about viruses?

Hands down, Estelle was the best dressed at the christening. She looked so chic and adorable. As cute as a button, that one. And I love her little pony tail :D

Leonor and Sofia looked lovely as well. I personally think that Leonor's dress was to die for, wouldn't mind one like that for myself. I'm not fond of the skirt cut on Sofia's dress but overall her outfit too looked very nice.

:ermm: But, as MARG said, it's not a personal attack. It's not like people are calling the actual children terrible. I don't think terrible is a strong word either – just the other day I called one of Mary's dresses atrocious (it really was though, in my defence :p) and I don't know that I would even think twice about referring to a child's outfit as atrocious either. Again, it's not directed at the child itself but at the piece of clothing its parents have chosen to put it in. The real problem is when people start commenting on the children's appearance – comments regarding body type and looks shouldn't be acceptable, and, thankfully, I think we're were good at avoiding that on here.

Last edited:
Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 -

Wow. I never said that eya was attacking Sofia. All I said was that it's fine to dislike a child's outfit because we all have different opinions, though since a lot of the children are still young, it's a bit of a strong word to use. That's all. There was no suggestion that Sofia herself was being "attacked" :ermm:

Last edited:
@ Kathia Sophia- Are the pictures you took from the legitimate my royals site or the new one? How worried do I have to be about viruses?
Sorry I didn't check upon that, but I think it doesn't have viruses. I was looking at the new one but didn't have Leonore's full view so I took from the legitimate. Leonor and Sofia are from another source though.

I liked the outfits of the little infantas but I think they are not enough "regal" for such an occasion. They are the kind of outfit you wear at school.

I very much disliked what Leonor was wearing...she is 10 now and IMO should wear something less childish... I agree that they are wearing a bit informal, but they are kids.

I was looking at the new my royals site, but it didn't have a proper full view clothes that Leonore of Sweden was wearing, I ended up going to the former my royals site to get better pictures. The pictures of Leonor and Sofia of Spain that I posted were from another site.

Wow. I never said that eya was attacking Sofia. All I said was that it's fine to dislike a child's outfit because we all have different opinions, though since a lot of the children are still young, it's a bit of a strong word to use. That's all. There was no suggestion that Sofia herself was being "attacked" :ermm:

And I don't believe anyone implied that you said that? :ermm: We were just establishing the fact that calling a child's outfit "terrible" isn't the same as calling the child terrible, and thus (to me, obviously I can't speak for the others), regardless of how strong a word terrible may or may not be, there's nothing particularly offensive about using it about a royal child's outfit – as Marg said, this is a fashion thread after all :)

Last edited:
And because all this talk is for me I want especially thank MARG and Archduchess Zelia for their support in this attack that I accepted without really understand the reason. Anyway i think that the word "terrible" has gone now from my vocabulary :lol:

Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 -

:previous: I'm really sorry you feel that way, of course you're allowed to use the word terrible. It was me who was overreacting. I really hope you didn't feel like I was attacking you, because that defiantly wasn't my intention and I'd never attack another member of the forums.
I generally enjoy reading your posts and appreciating your viewpoints, eya.

And I don't believe anyone implied that you said that? :ermm: We were just establishing the fact that calling a child's outfit "terrible" isn't the same as calling the child terrible, and thus (to me, obviously I can't speak for the others), regardless of how strong a word terrible may or may not be, there's nothing particularly offensive about using it about a royal child's outfit – as Marg said, this is a fashion thread after all :)

I apologise if I misunderstood. I was having a bad day in real life yesterday because I'm going through a difficult time at the moment, so I may have sounded cranky unintentionally (and also for the day of my OP). Once again I apologise.

Last edited:
I loved Estelle and Leonore´s outfits. They are such cute little girls.
Didn´t care much for Leonor´s dress but liked Sofia´s.

I liked the outfits of the little infantas but I think they are not enough "regal" for such an occasion. They are the kind of outfit you wear at school.
I very much disliked what Leonor was wearing...she is 10 now and IMO should wear something less childish... I agree that they are wearing a bit informal, but they are kids.
I cannot help but agree, the Infanta's both look totally underdressed for the occasion. There are really nice clothes out there that would have looked lovely, but Letizia insists on dressing them in almost play clothes, and well-washed or faded ones at that.

Maxima, on the other hand, insists on dressing here girls exactly the same, beautiful clothes but having had a like-minded mother, I loathed it and they have my sympaty.

And while Sophie dresses Louise well, but at 11 years of age I think she is dressed far too young for her age. But that's just my personal observation.

I loved the way that Estelle and Leonore were "dressed for the occasion", and am sure they don't dress like for everyday romping. So Kudos to their mother's.

Last edited:
November 1, 2015 - Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine today at Hubertus Hunt event, this event is a equestrian cross country event.

Children picture

:previous: They look nice and are dressed perfectly for the event. I love Josephine's boots and Isabella's coat (it looks very warm and cosy) in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom