Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it odd that people have problems with the infantas wearing pants to church, but not with Christian wearing blue jeans :ermm:

I think it has to do with the different type of events: while Christian and Isabella happened to be photographed at a private event when leaving church, going to church in Mallorca is an official event for the SRF: they pose for photographers and the event will be listed on their official agenda.

With this background, I found the girls dressed too casual.

I think it has to do with the different type of events: while Christian and Isabella happened to be photographed at a private event when leaving church, going to church in Mallorca is an official event for the SRF: they pose for photographers and the event will be listed on their official agenda.

With this background, I found the girls dressed too casual.

I think you're right; if the Spanish princesses were going to an Easter Mass privately, it would not have mattered. However, as it was an official event, the girls should have been advised to wear something a little less casual. I'm sure there are dressy slacks for girls out there, if they were bent on wearing slacks.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The infantas were not in jeans, they were in nice pants and tops with cute blazers. Honestly I find it a bit of a double standard. If girls are not wearing skirts or dresses to church, they are not 'appropriate'. I wouldn't be surprised if those were private pictures, there were still comments about the pants.

Christian isn't wearing blue jeans, he is wearing green jeans!

I do find it odd that people have problems with the infantas wearing pants to church, but not with Christian wearing blue jeans :ermm:

That aside, I think both kids look cute. I like Isabella's skirt quite a bit:flowers:

Some of the Catholic churches I have been to here in the States have a very strict dress code for girls, ladies, and women. Absolutely no slacks of any type!! Only dresses!!!
Perhaps the church where the Infantas attended Mass is not as strict.

I grew up Catholic and yes we were expected to dress up for church, but pants were more than acceptable. Shorts were not, unless knee length. Even my very strict English catholic grandmother wore pants to church often enough. But denim (whether blue or green) would be a major NO, for men or women.

Good point Countessmeout. Wonder when Christian will join the exclusive group of European royal men with his own set of red/pink/orange jeans?

Maybe its a right of puberty :ROFLMAO: I expect them in the next year or two

As far as I know, nobody in Italy dress up for the Sunday mass service anymore. During summer people even wear shorts and the priests are fine with it as long as they are not hot pants! Most of the kids and young people wear denim.

Weddings and christenings are the exceptions, but then again people don't dress up because of the mass service but because of the party afterwards. :lol: Even at funerals, you're starting to see less and less people wearing black. At my paternal granmother's funeral my sister was wearing black, but my cousin wore a green dress, my aunt a brown one and I had a white shirt and beige trousers.

The Crown Prince Couples children and prince Joachim's children on the balcony today at Queen Margrethes birthday:

Isabella is beautiful! Love her braid and pink chic coat.
Little pretty Josephine is wearing tartan - A nod to her maternal heritage? And her mandatory headband (as her and Bella always are wearing to keep their long hair away from the eyes)

Christian and Nikolaj in suits, while little Vincent still is dressed in more child-friendly blazer and trousers - handsome boys! While Athena is in grey skirt and also headband.

Josephine ** Isabella ** Christian ** Vincent ** All four CP children

Nikolaj, Felix, Henrik, Athene ** All children

Last edited:
Christian may be in a suit, but I think everyone else is in blazers and slacks.

Josephine's coat looks very similar to the one Athena wore last year. It's a Marie Chantal coat - coat.

Christian may be in a suit, but I think everyone else is in blazers and slacks.
No, Nicolai is also wearing a suit. I discovered that when I saw a photo of Athena through the balcony rail and wondered who owned the blue trousered legs behind her . . . it was her main man, Nicolai.

:lol: Not as vibrant as his dad or Uncle's, but maybe you have to start small. A sure sign he is becoming a man :D Before we know it he will be an adult, drinking and going to college, and wearing bright red trousers.

Ah but you see, wearing red shorts (I think most of us likely did as kids) or jeans is one thing. But wearing red pants in a formal setting is a right of passage for Danish royal men. :flowers: It takes a certain maturity :lol: to wear red pants with a suit jacket and tie.

:previous: A certain maturity . . . you bet it does, and every one of those kids look quite happy and carefree.

Now . . . I am off in search of the anonymous "blue legs" . . .:ROFLMAO:

I love how the Danish children were dressed. All outfits look age-appropriate and elegant. Isabella's hair style is absolutely gorgeous.

Such lovely Danish well dressed children. I'm afraid I could eat Josephine up! Nice to see Christian in a tie, he looks gorgeous. Cant really tell what Vincent is wearing.

8th April 2016 - Princess Muneerah and Prince Abdul Muntaqim watch a soccer game with their mother Princess Sarah of Brunei:
**Picture**

15th April 2016
- The Crown Prince family at 24th Brunei Age Group Swimming Championship:
**Picture**

16th April 2016 - Princess Sarah of Brunei with her 3 children (the youngest, Prince Muhammed is so cute!) at another day of Swimming Championship:
**Picture**

17th April 2016 - The whole Crown Prince family at Swimming Championship:
**Picture** **Full view** **Full view02**

Lady Louise Windsor, Viscount Severn, Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips and Mia Tindall in a photo commemorating their grandmother/great-grandmother Elizabeth II's 90th birthday:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/fc42...35.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

I really love their outfits in this photo. I've never seen the Phillips children or Mia in the traditional royal style outfits before, but I think they look so adorable and sweetly vintage in them. I wonder if Charlotte's dress and cardigan is the same from the autumnal shoot she did with the rest of the Cambridges (the Spanish dress that her nanny brought her), it looks familiar. I also wonder if she's walking now, as her shoes, at a first glance, look like "proper" walking shoes rather than the first ones with the softer soles.

Princess Isabella of Denmark in a pretty outfit for her birthday photos:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/21/08/3363C8DB00000578-3551310-image-a-1_1461225064397.jpg

And with a bracelet:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/21/09/3363C8ED00000578-3551310-image-a-2_1461225891044.jpg

I loved what the children were wearing for Her Majesty's 90th Birthday photo. They all look so sweet and classy. Isabella looks beautiful in her 9th birthday photos.

:previous: I wonder if they are always brand new. I mean has anyone been given Margaret or Ingrid's bracelets, or are they in a vault, new ones always given:ermm:

Oh, little George looks like a proper gentleman with his pjs and dressing gown.

All three girls look really pretty but they must be seriously cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom