Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 -

I love the outfit George had on while watching Trooping the Colour from the window of Buckingham Palace. He looks very lovely in shades of blue. Now, I'm convinced that Catherine shares my sentiment, since today, at the polo match, George is decked out in mostly blue. I love the classy, yet comfortable outfit, and who could ever resist his smile :D? He makes crocs look stylish too! Savannah and Isla look very comfortable, and I love the bright pink leggings on Savannah, and purple shirt in Isla. Until it was pointed out, I didn't recognize Mia Grace. She looks cute.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

A T shirt like his mum's would have looked better than this shirt and cardigan with shorts and crocs.

Prince George's Fashion and Style

Prince George, like two-year-old boys everywhere, is at the mercy of his mother when it comes to being dressed. Whether he likes it or not, he will be fancied up in pale blue (ruffled) rompeer suits and matching Mary Janes. Hot and itchy knee socks will be de rigueur, and he'll never wear Nikes like the other boys. One day he may be lucky enough to be bare-legged and wearing Crocs at the polo. ;)

You can pick up out the parent without seeing the child's face.

The blue jean jacket, pullover shirt and pants is no nonsense Zara.
The casual, comfortable clothes is Autumn.
The preppy formal clothes worn outdoors says Kate.

^^

Lol....that's true. You can tell.

I love the name, and I love the outfit.

Billed Bladet #27, 2015.

Is dealing with fashion choices by Isabella and the editor of the Danish Elle, Cecilie Ingdahl Christiansen, has been shanghaied to comment on Isabella's choise of clothing her style and fashion sense...
While I know from personal experience that eight year olds are very much aware of what they wear and what they do not want to wear, it may be stretching things a bit to claim Isabella more or less styled herself. I think it's pretty safe to say that mother Mary had a decisive influence...
That Bella no doubt has enjoyed the attention of mother's stylist and hairdresser is another matter.
So I'll spare you all that IMO nonsense and only give you a brief summary of the captions.

https://app.box.com/s/xzcpamhtqipjwxdg0igmcd2u5z7ku0ht

https://app.box.com/s/1pjrp9rigo0xjjeu7jxc0tt5c9bpz3b4
Lightblue sports blazer from Zara Kids.
A cotton top, Graphic Dots from Norlie.
Ballarinas from Bisgaard.
(Bottom).
Changed to cardigan from Norlie and shoes from Rugged Gear.

https://app.box.com/s/kvzgbgxghm7gwouexnc0bmi3wqne74yq
Left: Dress and cardigan from Rachel Riley.
Ballarinas are from Petit by Sofie Schnoor.

https://app.box.com/s/y9md2743p0pt91nz7zehxgpojmuuox41
Dress: Birgit Hallstein. Dress is in Thai silk. The belt is edged with pearls.
The shoes may be Mary Jane.

https://app.box.com/s/ib7057pgttjjqk2ld5qwln906x19fyke
Dress: Caramel Baby & Child.

https://app.box.com/s/1s4lt8esbgzdhk3w3azah2ymxn887a4g
Top left: Dress: Rachel Riley.

Top right: Dress: Pili Carrera.
Sandals: Bisgaard.

Bottom: Dress: Poppy Rose model Ghita.

https://app.box.com/s/vl3c7dz17y480t7h4dfactkyjpxun55e
Top left: Jacket: Creamie.
Dress: Little Remix.
Boots: Bisgaard.
Ballarinas: Bisgaard.

Top right: Top: Poppy Rose.
Wristband from palm-seeds by Ivory Bogota.
Sandals: Petit by Sofie Schnoor.

Bottom: Jacket: North Face.
Pants: Peak Performance.

https://app.box.com/s/hzovfu1ykgrf2t7in7aqzfex4ee9t31v
Wool alpaka poncho from Norlie.
Boots: Bisgaard.

Last edited:
LOL so you've experienced those moments too Muhler. Glad to see that Mrs. Muhler let you see that side of parenting.

I agree that at that age a parent can have the final say or put together a some appropriate pieces for the child to make a final decision.

LOL so you've experienced those moments too Muhler. Glad to see that Mrs. Muhler let you see that side of parenting.

I agree that at that age a parent can have the final say or put together a some appropriate pieces for the child to make a final decision.

Sure have. :)

I worked shifts for many years so about half the time I was the one who woke and dressed the children in the morning. So yes, I'm very familiar with how headstrong children can be when it comes to clothing! I usually only put my foot down when it came to shorts in the middle of winter or something like that.
Sometimes driving Mrs. Muhler to despair, "How can you send our children out in public like that?!?" :lol: Ain't my problem, I'm not wearing their clothes. :p

I am pleased to see Isabella wearing British designer Rachel Riley, as seen on Lady Louise and Prince George. I imagine Mary discovered Rachel Riley during her visits to London and it's nice to see her support a British designer.

Isabella has been seen in Pale Cloud, a Norwegian brand also sported by Lady Louise. They both have the same pale pink coat.

I often think Isabella is dressed beautifully and age appropriate and her dresses are beautiful.

I'm happy to see that Isabella's wardrobe has more colorful clothing lately. There was a bit of a grey/beige phase that went on for awhile when she was young, but this could just be a cultural difference.

Sure have. :)

I worked shifts for many years so about half the time I was the one who woke and dressed the children in the morning. So yes, I'm very familiar with how headstrong children can be when it comes to clothing! I usually only put my foot down when it came to shorts in the middle of winter or something like that.
Sometimes driving Mrs. Muhler to despair, "How can you send our children out in public like that?!?" :lol: Ain't my problem, I'm not wearing their clothes. :p

Amazing. Thousands of miles apart and the same words uttered by Mrs. Muhler have come out of my mouth directed at Mr. TLLK.:p

July 5: Prince George of Cambridge wearing a Rachel Riley outfit similar (but not the same) to the outfit Prince William wore whilst visiting his younger brother Prince Harry at the hospital in 1984:

George, 2015 and William, 1984

I'm not a fan of this outfit as it's a bit too old fashioned for me and the shoes are a bit girly, I had shoes similar to George's when I was a toddler. But that seems to be the traditional way of dressing children in the BRF.

Princess Charlotte in a replica of the British royal christening gown:

Charlotte

I have no issues with George's outfit, since it's appropriate for the occasion, and is in line with how the children his age are dressed in the British Royal Family. I love children dressed in a more classical fashion, so his outfit works for me.

I love the way the DoC dresses George. He is dressed exactly as what and who he is...a baby prince of the British RF, not the child of some film starlet for example.

I also think Estelle of Sweden is a flawlessly turned out Royal child.

Perfect.;)

Its very pretty but why similar and the same color with william?

Because all again to discussing the same with the harry, the same with the william, the same with the diana , the same with the charles, again and again the same discussing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not? The red will stand out in the pictures with most everyone of the guys in dark suits. We have already seen him in a lot of blue outfits.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There are so many pictures of William as a child, it would be very difficult to dress George in anything that isn't similar to something William wore at some point. George was wearing a white shirt and red shorts, pretty common for kids clothes. I will say that I avoided dressing my kids in white anything.

The shoes are a little different than most kids would wear but George was going to a formal event with the queen. I won't click on paparazzi photos but I am sure George wears play shoes most of the time.

July 5: Prince George of Cambridge wearing a Rachel Riley outfit similar (but not the same) to the outfit Prince William wore whilst visiting his younger brother Prince Harry at the hospital in 1984:

I'm not a fan of this outfit as it's a bit too old fashioned for me and the shoes are a bit girly, I had shoes similar to George's when I was a toddler. But that seems to be the traditional way of dressing children in the BRF.

Charlotte

George looks adorable. Charlotte's gown is exquisite.

Absolutely adorable outfit on George. Wonderful that he was wearing similar to his father. He looks great in red, most little boys do.

Charlotte

The way they dress him is a little silly but the shoes are what is the real problem for me. As he's gotten older the clothes on him don't look as silly.

Last edited:
William and Harry wore the leather Mary Janes too. Their probably easier to get on a little kid than a lace up Oxford

Little George's clothes don't seem to fit him as well as William's did in the 1984 photos.

Is George's outfit a hand-me-down?

I believe it's new. George's shorts are bagger than 1984 William and the George's top is more blousier. William is a couple months older than George is when Harry was born. He was 2 yrs and almost 3 months while George has a couple weeks to go for 2 yrs.

So William might be a bit bigger than George is now or George is in between sizes and they when with the bigger size so he grows into it

Last edited:
the outfit George was wearing, though very similar to William's, is new:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJLF7b4WEAAmdP9.jpg:large
At first I thought it had been modified, but then I changed my mind...

I have to say it: I don't like this way of dressing children... too old fashioned and IMO not flattering for the kid...

I like it for the occasions where he's at formal royal events- it's almost like a costume, or a uniform. (I think the Duchess's coat dresses are also her working uniform)

Maybe it's a good way to help distinguish the role from every day life. We see him dressed in more casual clothes when he's out playing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom