Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was 11 and my mom dressed me like Louise , we'd have an issue.

Last edited:
Dear Royal mothers:

If you would not be caught dead in way tight, way to short,out grown and not completely age appropriate clothes let alone be photographed for all the world to talk about in them maybe your kids deserve the same consideration.

PS:
Matching your 10 year old daughter to her six year old sister is iffy also.

Dear Royal mothers:

If you would not be caught dead in way tight, way to short,out grown and not completely age appropriate clothes let alone be photographed for all the world to talk about in them maybe your kids deserve the same consideration.

PS:
Matching your 10 year old daughter to her six year old sister is iffy also.

This is brilliant and so true! Maxima is guilty of this just as much as Sophie is. I don't think it's nice to see 11 year old Amalia wearing the same dress as 7 year old Ariane at all. They all need to wear different dresses. At least Mathilde doesn't do this with Elisabeth and Eleonore anymore. Girls grow up mum's, accept it.

If Sophie is by some chance trying to keep Her daughter a little girl...that might backfire on her.Kids are going to grow up regardless and trying to prevent to will often lead to big problems later on.Elisabeth in Belgium dresses her age...conservative yet age appropriate and stylish.Good for Mathilde.

It is developmentally normal and healthy for children of that age to assert their independence and test their parents even the best ones.

If Sophie is by some chance trying to keep Her daughter a little girl...that might backfire on her.Kids are going to grow up regardless and trying to prevent to will often lead to big problems later on.Elisabeth in Belgium dresses her age...conservative yet age appropriate and stylish.Good for Mathilde.

I just want to say that we are assuming we know what Louise wants. For all we know, she loves that outgrown pink coat and begged her mom to wear it. Kids have strange taste. We have no way of knowing what Louise likes or not. Maybe at her school, white tights are all the rage.
I remember one year about her age when I ruled the playground because I sported tiger stripe mittens with black vinyl palms. Heaven forbid...:ohmy:

I'm not at all bothered by Lady Louise dressing "a bit young". As many have pointed out, 11 is very much a transitional stage. My now 13-yr old niece was still very much a "girl" rather than a tween or teen at that age. I made her a formal dress when she was 11 which was, in part because she is extremely petite, very much a little girl type of dress. Now, looking back on it, she is appalled at her taste because she's outgrown that style. It's all a part of growing up and finding your own style.

Also, as others have noted, perhaps the coat choice was not Sophie's but Louise's. At that age it is often impossible to talk a girl out of a poor fashion selection. Trust me, been there, done that. Thankfully, my 13-yr old niece is much more conservative in her fashion choices than her 23-yr old older sister was at that age, lol.

^^You are right of course, maybe it's her fav coat and they let her wear it. I had this blouse which I wore a lot of times till my mother threw it away lol

Why is it automatically assumed that mothers are in charge of all things clothing? :ermm:

I'm not a fan of Louise's clothes today but I would disagree that it is something she is being forced into wearing by her mother (and not her father, for some reason). She's old enough to object if she doesn't like the clothes laid out to her in the morning – she might even pick it herself, I actually think that's even more likely. I've had several, eh, dubious choices in clothing when I was around her age :eek: :p As long as she likes and is comfortable in what she's wearing, everything is fine.

As for Leonor and Sofía, I too thought their outfits were a little too short but mainly because with Denmark's freezing weather, I have a hard time imagining a place in Europe in which it's warm enough to wear skirts and dresses without wearing some sort of tights along with them :D

As for Leonor and Sofía, I too thought their outfits were a little too short but mainly because with Denmark's freezing weather, I have a hard time imagining a place in Europe in which it's warm enough to wear skirts and dresses without wearing some sort of tights along with them :D
In Summer, Southern Europe reach between 30-40ºC. 2 days ago, the weather was very warm, it reached where I live about 23-25ºC. Now it's a bit windy and cold, but it's that time of the year where the weather is unastable.

Lady Louise's dresses and coats have not changed in all the years the girl has been attending easter and christmas services. For me its the awful white tights and terrile black clumsy shoes. There are many ways to dress you child in a traditional conservative and youthful way and Louise is never like this. Even in the (awful) flowery patternered puffy dresses of the 90s the york princesses didn't look as bad as they way Louise dresses.

I love Sofia's dress at Easter Mass - Leonor's may be a fraction too short. However i have always loved the way Letizia dresses her girls. The same is said about Mathidle and her children.

Louise is at an age to start to question why mother and dad get finely tailored designer clothing and she is still wearing outgrown clothes from 3 years ago....I would have.

The skirt Leonor is wearing is from last year. From both events, it clearly seems Leonor got taller, because that skirt was not that short before as it is now.
But, I must say Leonor already has a say in clothes. We can see (in the past two years or so) that Leonor has preference for mini-skirts and shorts, even in winter.
I thought the skirt was really short for a church service, but it's Leonor's taste and it wasn't offensive for a nine year-old. At least, they have their own opinion.

Yes but as a parent you must have oversight so you don't have a skirt that was boarding on inappropriate for playing let alone mass.

I wouldn't want my 9 year old daughter wearing such short skirts or shorts, her picture being on front pages all over Spain. To me it looks a bit precocious and people might start looking at it in a wrong way and not just in the way its meant to be: 'she's only a nine year old girl'.

They do dress their little girls more informally and relaxed than just about any other Royal family which is neither a good or bad thing really but they need to start taking heed more as they grow older I agree.

Thank you Mary! Age and event appropriate... What an adorable little lady and gentlemen.

Seeing Christian and Isabella arrive at tonight's show brought the biggest smiles on my lips. Natural and confident. Isabella very pretty and adorable in her pink dress (she really is the splitting image of her father) and with her usual twinkle in her eyes. And Christian (boy, he grows SO fast) looking so handsome and cool in his little suit.

Screenshot:

Attachments

• 11131774_439488632877061_7039189136147744929_o.jpg
    11131774_439488632877061_7039189136147744929_o.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 11148536_439488716210386_6338959493981339041_o.jpg
    11148536_439488716210386_6338959493981339041_o.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Yes Bella is very much her dads daughter down to the cute smirk and Christian favors his mother more and will grow into a lady killer in a few years... The posh tot set better be prepared for this heartbreaker!

Isabella's pink dress is lovely.

Isabella and Christian look absolutely lovely. I love Isabella's dress, and hair; what a little lady. And Christian looks absolutely dapper in his tux. He'll be a heart-throb in a few years, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Isabella and Christian look absolutely lovely. I love Isabella's dress, and hair; what a little lady. And Christian looks absolutely dapper in his tux. He'll be a heart-throb in a few years, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
HAHA, my daughter already said : " Mom he is hot!!!!" :ROFLMAO:( she is the same age)
I think they look lovely, though I would had rather Isabella with the hair more loose ! may be a hair band or a bow in a side or even the little hearts she has but the hair down1 may be curls at the end?

There is a photo of Isabella with her parents at some event with her hair almost exactly like that-very pretty.

All of the Danish children look simply perfect! How nice that Christian and Isabella are allowed this special occasion away from the twins.
Isabella's dress is a perfect blend of little girl and sophistication. The little gathered sleeves, not too frou, frou, simple box pleats, always pretty, and color, pink, but a more grown up pink. Her hair clips are a perfect touch.
Christian looks perfect and his tie is age appropriate and not overdone. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom