Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Kate can not wait to doll her baby girl up in the precious little frocks :) for both her and Charlotte sake then I hope Charlotte is a little lady and not a tomboy as White tights and ruffled dresses will not fair very well.

It's the same here, in the States. I was intrigued by 'Frozen', but after my preschoolers started showing up to school with all things related to that movie, I got over my initial curiosity. It seems like you can't step outside without seeing a child wearing one character or another. If it makes them happy, that's great, but like you, I think it looks cheap. I did check out Rachel Riley's section for girls, and I thought the outfits were gorgeous. It's too bad that they're way out of my price range. I would love to dress my kids in her clothing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rachel Riley's girls dresses are lovely and particularly traditional. Lady Louise wore A LOT of Rachel Riley dresses as a toddler and recently.

This dress and cardigan are Rachel Riley as confirmed by the designer herself. This flag dress is Rachel Riley too. I am sure Charlotte will be dressed very similarly to Lady Louise. I can see Charlotte wearing dresses similar to this in public occasions.

One of my granddaughters is dress crazy...she has so many dresses from casual to fancy. She does wear pants/jeans/shorts but most often she's in a dress. So of course everyone knowing this buys her dresses lol

If she were into Elsa shirts ...we'd be buying her Elsa shirts for everyday at home wear.

That's how I see things done...kids have the everyday play wear which is the type you can run down to the grocery store in (as long as it's clean and has no holes)...and then there is the nicer going to town shopping wear...then the next step is the Church/formal event type wear.

LaRae

I would not be suprised if some hand me downing occurred in that case... Sophie would have kept some out grown dresses as mothers do and since Louise is not rough on clothes probably they would still be perfectly wearable.

I think the British Royals keep everything by evidenced by the stuff put on display at the palaces. They pulled out Charles's outfit from the coronation a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I would not be suprised if some hand me downing occurred in that case... Sophie would have kept some out grown dresses as mothers do and since Louise is not rough on clothes probably they would still be perfectly wearable.

I liked this Lady Louise outfit so Charlotte could get this as a hand me down!

I can see Charlotte in a coat similar to Louise's here as well Trooping the Colour 2011. It's VERY tradtional and VERY British Royal Family! I can see Charlotte in something similar to this in the future.

Last edited:
Baby cue balls! Squee! Gabriella is going to be a blonde beauty and have very delicate features I can tell.. I wish an early photo of Grace existed so we can see a resemblance maybe.

Oh thank you! We will see soon enough but As the inevitable and relentless comparisons with Charlotte and Diana will start so with Gabbys to Grace. Buckle your seat belt.

Rachel Riley's girls dresses are lovely and particularly traditional. Lady Louise wore A LOT of Rachel Riley dresses as a toddler and recently.

This dress and cardigan are Rachel Riley as confirmed by the designer herself. This flag dress is Rachel Riley too. I am sure Charlotte will be dressed very similarly to Lady Louise. I can see Charlotte wearing dresses similar to this in public occasions.

I remember all those dresses you posted. I think the flag dress is still produced, albeit in a style that's a bit different. Louise has nice clothing, and most of the time, I love how she's dressed (though the pink coat she seems to favor is probably past its' last breath). I think it would be great if Catherine got some of Louise's baby/toddler clothing for Charlotte. I bet they're still in good condition. If George can wear something worn by his grandfather, surely Charlotte can wear something from her cousin

One of my granddaughters is dress crazy...she has so many dresses from casual to fancy. She does wear pants/jeans/shorts but most often she's in a dress. So of course everyone knowing this buys her dresses lol

If she were into Elsa shirts ...we'd be buying her Elsa shirts for everyday at home wear.

That's how I see things done...kids have the everyday play wear which is the type you can run down to the grocery store in (as long as it's clean and has no holes)...and then there is the nicer going to town shopping wear...then the next step is the Church/formal event type wear.

LaRae

I like the idea of wearing character shirts at home. That way the child gets the shirt he/she likes, and gets to wear it, but not out of the house. I grew up with stay-at-home clothing, going on errands/playground clothing, school uniform (until we left USSR), and clothing for special occasions. When my mother tried to do the same with my sister, there were problems, because most of the children my sister associated with didn't have that, and she didn't want to stand out by having clothing restrictions. I like that kind of system though. It helps with teaching structure.

I liked this Lady Louise outfit so Charlotte could get this as a hand me down!

I can see Charlotte in a coat similar to Louise's here as well Trooping the Colour 2011. It's VERY tradtional and VERY British Royal Family! I can see Charlotte in something similar to this in the future.

I love,the dress and cardigan Louise wore for the Diamond Jubilee service, and I would love to see them again on Charlotte. Like tho coats, they're timeless pieces, and would look appropriate ten years from now.

Now George.. He has a life time of staid sweaters and khackis and suits of blue and black and maybe grey to look forward to after his romper days;) I hope he gets his granddads dapperness at least :)

I am of the school that says shoes on a baby are pointless till they can walk and baby feet are one of the cutest things imaginable.

I like the idea of wearing character shirts at home. That way the child gets the shirt he/she likes, and gets to wear it, but not out of the house. I grew up with stay-at-home clothing, going on errands/playground clothing, school uniform (until we left USSR), and clothing for special occasions. When my mother tried to do the same with my sister, there were problems, because most of the children my sister associated with didn't have that, and she didn't want to stand out by having clothing restrictions. I like that kind of system though. It helps with teaching structure.

I'm all for school uniforms if kids attend public/private schools. Takes such a big issue out of things.

I was raised with the same tiered clothing system (some things are universal the world over it seems) ...clothes for different categories and that's how my kids were raised and as mentioned before...that's pretty much how everyone I know does it still.

LaRae

I'm all for school uniforms if kids attend public/private schools. Takes such a big issue out of things.

I was raised with the same tiered clothing system (some things are universal the world over it seems) ...clothes for different categories and that's how my kids were raised and as mentioned before...that's pretty much how everyone I know does it still.

LaRae

It certainly makes the most sense. Heck, I still keep to the system of tiered clothing, and my husband doesn't quite get it.

Someone mentioned earlier about Gabriella of Monaco not wearing shoes. I remember reading that in some royal families babies are kept out of shoes until they turn a year old, hence why a lot of baby picture of Charles, William, and Harry show them sans footwear during their infancy. I'm thinking that in Gabriella's case, she might just like bare feet, or she's able to kick her shoes off, which would make them pointless. Personally, I'm not a fan of kids/babies being barefoot. I would at least put little socks on. But to each his/her own.

Of course they won't dress George in his church/formalwear go to the playground. I'm sure Catherine wouldn't wear that white coat to go to the playground!

Little boys in rompers, or shirts tucked into shorts, or shorts, are for practical reasons, they are wearing diapers and don't have a body with a waist yet to support a belt. That is why little children who can't walk and wear diapers shouldn't be dressed like older children. All-in-one is so much easier, the pants usually slip off when it is pants and shirt like little Prince Jacques.
There are plenty of places to buy formal wear for boys here in the US. Even Sears sells Eton suits for toddler boys, for $39.99! Eton Suits and Formal Wedding Clothes for Boys This is a better source I like for formal wear for the pre-school set in the US. Or sew them yourself!

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom