Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Isabellas outfit, just perfect for for a little girl. the soft blue blazer and blouse with a little flounce for style is perfect.
Her hair is a true work of art! Love the bow and how it was placed.

I love Isabella's coat. It's very appropriate for an afternoon at the ballet.
I like the coat... very smart. But it seems to be getting very small for her. Like Lady Louise shor
Love Isabellas outfit, just perfect for for a little girl. the soft blue blazer and blouse with a little flounce for style is perfect.
Her hair is a true work of art! Love the bow and how it was placed.
I thought Isabella looked delightful going to the Ballet (yes, when we girls go there it definitely is Ballet with a capital B). I love how she has buttoned her coat up to the top, thereby showing the distinctive style of it. Her own preference I would imagine because she could have worn a scarf like her dad.

I love that even royalty buy kids clothes with room to grow, but I think this last outing was Isabella's own personal style statement, and as it is so snug, probably a favourite she is reluctant to let go of. I also loved the way she did her hair for the occasion, using a hairband to keep it off her face and allow the top of her coat to be seen.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0b65ad08c964a31bb2f1acab2e0c0a58&oe=55FEE39B

Her style for her first Official Engagement, a Ferry Launch is amazing. Loved the clothes and that her mum "dressed down" and casual so as to let Isabella shine. And shine she did! She looks so lovely in blues. And her hair, as Frelinghighness noted it, "is a true work of art!" It looks to be a variation on a french braid, most any mum could do it and the bow is Isabella's perfect sartorial style.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=35a69b09d610a117a883206dc93aaae4&oe=55F5CAAE

http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2015/PPE15060691.jpg

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a0606f0a615a5d6e6a50defb5ddca56f&oe=560942A1

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge releases four precious photos of their eldest son Prince George with his newborn sister on Saturday night and the photos set the baby fashion industry alight.

The little princess wore a woollen jumper and bodysuit from designer Polarn O. Pyret, retailing for €20, which has nearly sold out online.

George's outfit, the same blue and white shorts and shirt combination he wore to first meet his sister, was designed by Rachel Riley and his knee high socks were chosen from Kate's favourite children's story Amaia Kids in Chelsea.
More: Following in her mother's footsteps: Princess Charlotte's bodysuit is a fashion hit - Independent.ie
Kensington Palace has had millions cooing by releasing photographs of Prince George holding his sister Princess Charlotte. But what's the story behind George's clothes, ask Justin Parkinson and Paul Kerley.

Taken by their mother the Duchess of Cambridge, the latest photos of Charlotte and George show the latter, now 22 months old, in knee-length light-blue socks, smart black shoes and a white and blue shirt. It's on the traditional side.

It's not the first time such an ensemble has featured in royal pictures. George himself wore the same outfit, plus a cardigan, to visit his baby sister in hospital for the first time, in May. The cardigan reportedly sold out afterwards.
More: Prince George: The traditional clothes royal children are dressed in - BBC News

I second that. That outfit does not look comfortable. Yet another too short and/or too tight outfit on a royal girl.

You beat me to it, dbarn67. :D

I love Ingrid Alexandra's outfit. It's so smart. However, I do agree that it does appear to be a bit tight, it looks as if it's a size too small for her (perhaps she got it when she was younger and still loves to wear it - I had a smart looking coat that was much loved when I was younger and was still wearing it when it was two sizes too small for me!). Sverre Magnus looks smart.
I'm not so sure about Leah Isadora's outfit though, as it looks more like she's at a concert rather than a serious royal event to me.

The pictures were taken in mid-May and at Anmer Hall, though I'm not sure what the weather was like then. However, as they were indoors it probably doesn't matter too much.

I love both outfits. Very, very sweet.

You're right, those were careless errors on my part. I was thinking about London at the time for some reason (probably because the photos were released by Kensington Palace..) when I was typing my post.

Nice to see Mary keeping Isabella's coat for 2 years and it is nice to see Isabella rewearing it at another occasion, although I am inclined to agree with amaryllus - it's a bit too short, too "Lady Louise" short. They are probably keeping it so Josephine can wear it.

Ingrid-Alexandra's dress is way too tight on her! It's the Ralph Lauren dress if I remember which she has worn before. It's a nice dress, just a bit too small for her now. It seems Louise, Ingrid-Alexandra and Isabella have all had growth spurts that their parents can't keep up, particularly Lady Louise who is so TALL!

George and Charlotte look cute, although I find it odd that George is wearing the same outfit (including socks and shoes) for the photos that he wore to the hospital to meet Charlotte. I am sure that boy has LOTS of clothes to choose from that they could have picked something different, but perhaps Kate is a fan of the outfit.

That can't feel good.if I was shoved into a very tight dress or coat like that you can bet my parents would here about it... then we would have girls day out shopping:D

I agree with those that deemed Ingrid Alexandra's dress being too small. I think a size up would have looked lovely and elegant. But, as others have stated, she may harbor a soft spot for the dress, and chose to squeeze into it one more time. Her hair style is very pretty. As for Leah Isadora's outfit, I think it's a bit out there for a royal engagement, but I'm glad to see that her parents are letting her express herself.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

James, Viscount Severn in a handsome suit today and Prince George in a heirloom that was worn by his father Prince William at the same age during Trooping the Colour today

Family

Prince Charles also wore this outfit in photos with Princess Anne. I have not seen any photos of Charles wearing at Trooping Color, only portraits with Anne and one with the Queen. I wonder where the Duchess found shoes to match. William wore black shoes with it.

Wow, so many delightful children and so many delightful outfits.The Danish children always look great . Loved Isabella´s pale blu e outfit and braided hair.
I actually liked very much Sofia of Spain´s red dress. Didn´t care too much for Leonor´s. She Always wears far too short dresses IMHO.
Swedish girls, also adorable in their outfits.
George and Charlotte, as cute as can be in those new fotos.
And Elizabeth of Belgium- what a poised, beautiful girl she is and what a lovely dress!
I think Lady Louise looked great in her riding outfit. Perfectly appropriate for where she was and what was going on.

James looks so dapper in his suit and tie, while George looks sweet in his father's blue outfit. It's always nice to see children wearing something from their parents. I do believe Catherine found blue shoes to arch. They're the exact same shade as the outfit.

I thought George's outfit was a bit old fashioned but it's lovely that Charles and William have both worn it. I wonder if in the future, George's first son will wear it too or if it will have seen better days by then. Reminds me of how Estelle and Leonore in Sweden wear some of Madeleine and Victoria's old clothes designed by Silvia's mother Alice Sommerlath.

Leonor and Sofia looks smart in their uniform but I find it odd that they would wear school uniform on Saturday - are you sure the photos were taken today? They were part of the collection of new photos for the first anniversary of the proclamation, so I'm curious.

Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore at the wedding of the now Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden in Stockholm today. Little Estelle was part of the bridal party:

Estelle (centre) ~ Estelle's hair and bow ~ Leonore ~ A better photo of Leonore's shoes

Last edited:
Leonore is absolutely precious in her little white dress. I loved what I saw of Estelle's attire. The little bow in the hair was a nice touch.

Lenore looks adorable in her little white dress. Estelle looked cute from what I could see.

I love that in George's first balcony appearance he wore the same outfit as William. Nice. William once said something to the effect that he's fairly conservative or traditional. I believe it.

I think the outfit George wore was first worn by Prince Charles.

Attachments

• queenandcharles 001.jpg
    queenandcharles 001.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 168
For Trooping the Colour George was wearing a different outfit whilst he watched William in the horse parade that was more casual.

June 14: This time George was seen in a cute and comfortable looking outfit whilst watching his father play polo in Tetbury:

Full view ~ Close up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom