Fashion for the little royals Part 6: April 2014 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...I cannot believe how Elisabeth is growing up! Tall and long legged like her mother, with the most beautiful complexion I have ever seen.

She looks like a combination of her parents and is going to be a very lovely young woman, I think.

BTW, I was watching a video clip of Philippe and Mathilde with Elisabeth when she was a baby. They apparently call her "Lisa" in the intimacy of their home.;)

ugh! I thought we were over dressing the girls alike. The dresses could have done without the big bow.

The Princess of Orange and her sisters looked wonderful. In fact all royals are 'overdressed' as all gentlemen wore suit-and-tie, the ladies looked ladylike and the children were a perfect trio. We know that His Majesty is easygoing on protocol but we can not expect the royal family to join the crowds, wearing jeans, orange t-shirts, fun wigs, plastic crowns and other parafenalia which are traditional at King's Day...

:lol:

Last edited:
I think the Dutch princesses look lovely in their dresses but I agree with Duke. It's about time they were dress differently, at let Amalia be a little different. Maybe the same dresses in different colors.

I always love the AAA team! But they disappointed me a lot concerning what they wear in these last years! I simple don´t like the dresses they use today...I prefer, for example, the blue dress used by Princess Elisabeth! For me it´s more suitable for her age (that is almost the same as Princess Amalia) and more simple and elegant at the same time! Hope we see the AAA girls in something diferent soon...

(But I think the dresses improved a lot without the jackets)

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth looked lovely in the blue outfit, and the Dutch trio didn't look too bad either. Yes, the dresses could have done well without those bows in the front (maybe a sash with a tied bow in the back, or on the side).

I don't like the dresses of the Dutch girls;
If they would do something with the hair it would also make a big change.

I don't have any problem with their being dressed alike. Clearly, it's a close family. Also, the longer you can keep that family bond growing and keep little kids from becoming little adults, the better IMO.

I don't have any problem with their being dressed alike. Clearly, it's a close family. Also, the longer you can keep that family bond growing and keep little kids from becoming little adults, the better IMO.

Thing is...on the rare occassion that they are photographed in a non-official way, they all different clothes and much better suited to their own ages, so i keep hoping that some day they will stop the uni-dressing for the media all together

aren't these dutch princesses charming! i love the pink dresses and how lovely and grown up they are all looking. but i agree, i can't wait til they start wearing different clothes that they get to choose, they are now old enough to do so :)

I thought the AAA's looked great. I love their dresses and the yellow suits their blonde hair. I actually like them in matching outfits as I think it's cute, and IMO they're not too old for that at 10, 8 and 7 years old. I would have a problem with the dresses if they were teenagers however, but they're not. Princess Elisabeth looked lovely too, even if I found her dress a little short. It's nice to see her with a smile on her face after what she's experienced within the recent months. (The threats.)

ugh! I thought we were over dressing the girls alike. The dresses could have done without the big bow.

I respect that this is your opinion, but I thought your comment was a little harsh when describing little girl's outfits, particularly the part I've bolded. I'm not saying that you can't criticize the AAA's outfits, as everyone has the right to share what they think, but what I am saying is that the AAA's are still quite young, so therefore your comment comes across as a bit 'off' to me.

Last edited:
What a great family. The girls are all so pretty!

I think it is very Maxima to dress the girls the same. Actually when she was a kid in Argentina it was fashion and high sociatey to dress all your kids the same. I have a brother and my mother use to dress us with the same fabric, I have a dress and he would have shorts or trousers in the same fabric. I think we use to look very cute!

While most eyes were on the Duchess of Cambridge's wardrobe choices during the family's time in Australia and New Zealand, she wasn't the only royal setting sartorial trends.
Much like his mother, Prince George used his first Royal tour to prove he's quite the trendsetter, with a plethora of stylish outfits.
Designers of the clothes he has worn over the last fortnight are reporting a huge surge in sales thanks to the 'George effect', and at just nine months old the royal tot has become something of a fashion icon.

The George effect: Royal tot cements his status as style icon after outfits he wore on tour sell out in hours | Mail Online

The A-team's dresses are lovely but also very little girlish to me. It looks smashing on Ariane because she's younger than the older two. I also kinda loathe that they're wearing the same dress (having been a victim of being dressed in matching outfits with my sister myself), but if it's their own choice then that's that. They're all such beautiful girls. I love their ballerinas.

I respect that this is your opinion, but I thought your comment was a little harsh when describing little girl's outfits, particularly the part I've bolded. I'm not saying that you can't criticize the AAA's outfits, as everyone has the right to share what they think, but what I am saying is that the AAA's are still quite young, so therefore your comment comes across as a bit 'off' to me.

Writing "ugh" is like writing "sigh". Now, I'm biased because I agree that the girls have grown out of wearing matching outfits, but DoM didn't attack the A-Team - this is a thread for discussing the fashion of younger royals, if it's not possible to respectfully say that some of the outfits aren't of your liking, what's the point of the thread?

I am not a fan of the girls still being dressed the same but it probably saves arguments between the girls. I do think that Amalia will grow tired of being dressed the same as her little sister as she'll be 11 this year. The dresses are lovely for Ariane and I liked that she had a hair band in her hair hair to make her look a bit different.

I am constantly seeing old photos of the four daughters of Czar Nicholas II(Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia) dressed exactly alike even well into their late teens/early twenties ,which means to say their entire lives as they unfortunately did not live longer than that. As close as the sisters were said to have been it was probably their choice.

I also see Mathilde of Belgium dressing her two sons and two daughters in matching outfits, Princess Tessy of Luxembourg does it for her sons too.

They all look completely adorable. I don't think it becomes strange until they are no longer children. My mother chose identical outfits for my sister and me until we became tweens and started to rebel!;)

Last edited:
I am constantly seeing old photos of the four daughters of Czar Nicholas II(Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia) dressed exactly alike even well into their late teens/early twenties ,which means to say their entire lives as they unfortunately did not live longer than that. As close as the sisters were said to have been it was probably their choice.

I also see Mathilde of Belgium dressing her two sons and two daughters in matching outfits, Princess Tessy of Luxembourg does it for her sons too.

They all look completely adorable. I don't think it becomes strange until they are no longer children. My mother chose identical outfits for my sister and me until we became tweens and started to rebel!;)

Weren't the older two, or "the big pair" as they were referred to, dressed the same and the "little pair" dressed the same by choice?

Hi Molly2101,

It's possible that as they got older that is what they did. I can't tell...in all the photos I see of them they seem to be dressed exactly alike.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 I think perhaps you're right. As small girls I think they were all dressed the same. They were very sheltered, purposefully done by Alix, and probably didn't really know any different.

Elizabeth and Margaret wore the same clothes for years because Margaret apparently insisted Elizabeth wore the same as her.

Moonmaiden23 I think perhaps you're right. As small girls I think they were all dressed the same. They were very sheltered, purposefully done by Alix, and probably didn't really know any different.

Yes, but I've read many accounts that in hindsight Alix was very dominant over the girls and would have prefered to keep them with her at all times...
You should at some point allow your children to grow up and have a personality of their own, so if the uni-dressing comes from a desire to "keep your children small and don't want them to grow up" than I think it's a very bad idea

However, I don't think that's the case for the AAA's, their parents only dress them alike for official occasions and allow them to have their own choice in private...

Writing "ugh" is like writing "sigh". Now, I'm biased because I agree that the girls have grown out of wearing matching outfits, but DoM didn't attack the A-Team - this is a thread for discussing the fashion of younger royals, if it's not possible to respectfully say that some of the outfits aren't of your liking, what's the point of the thread?

I don't think you're understanding me clearly. I said that Duke has the right to criticise the AAA's outfits, not that he or she doesn't. And nor did I say that Duke was "attacking" the AAA's. I simply said that I wasn't so sure about his or her's comment, as I felt that it was a little harsh since the AAA's are only young. That is all.

Here's my original post:

I've bolded the parts that have been missunderstood.

Last edited:
I don't think you're understanding me clearly. I said that Duke has the right to criticise the AAA's outfits, not that he or she doesn't. And nor did I say that Duke was "attacking" the AAA's. I simply said that I wasn't so sure about his or her's comment, as I felt that it was a little harsh since the AAA's are only young. That is all. :ermm:

I understand you perfectly, thank you ;) Attacking/criticising, you were implying that DoM somehow was too harsh in his critic because the Amalia, Alexia and Ariane are children and I merely stated that (respectfully) criticising royal children's clothing are not personal attacks on said royal children as you made it seem like - I know that I mean no harm when saying that I think they're too old to be dressed alike, I'm sure DoM don't either :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom