The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

George looked so cute and modern the way he was dressed for his Father's day polo outing and again for the photos at the butterfly exhibit. The most recent photos, however, do look old fashioned. Pardon my ignorance but are his shoes standard for little boys? In the U.S. we call them Mary Janes and they are for little girls. William and Catherine have shown that they tend to lean toward the more traditional in names, style of dress, etc. for George. It will be interesting to see how they dress a little girl, if they have one.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

In Europe little boys wear dark shoes with a strap, here in the USA a little boy would wear tie up oxfords or saddle shoes for the classic look.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how they dress a little girl, if they have one

British Royal little girls are always dressed in very traditional garb... demure dresses , white tights and Mary Jane's until they reach their pre teens. I don't seriously expect William And Catherine to deviate much if at all.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Belgian kids at the annual Christmas concert at the Royal Palace today, December 17. The boys wore elegant suits and the girls looked lovely in pink (and blue) dresses:

** Upper part ** Full view **
Beautiful, Elisabeth is in that age where you don't know how to dress your kid she's no longer a little girl but not yet a full teenager either, this dress was very appropiated and beautiful for her

The boys look so handsome in suits, I love that they don't have just ONE suit like every boy in the world but have an assortment of suits and coats they wear at different ocassions
Old 12-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

Elisabeth probably picks out her own clothes and only needs occasional guidance at this point. I really don't think they have to worry to much about her rebelling and picking out wild clothes or going goth
Old 12-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Estelle wore Ralph Lauren and Livly for the video today.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Majesty

The Belgian children looked very nice. The boys' suits were very dapper. I love how the girls were dressed as well. Elisabeth's dress is very appropriate for a girl her age. It's modest, simple, and doesn't have any unnecessary frills that would make it look childish. Eleonore's dress is perfect for a little girl her age. I'm imaging she's in between five and seven years old, and at that age, pink is all the rage . The only issue I have is Eleonore's stockings and shoes; they didn't go with the dress. I think a better choice would have been clear stockings, and black shoes, or white stockings and black shoes, but not the navy blue that she wore.

Estelle's Christmas look is too cute. I love the dress. It looks perfectly comfortable and festive. As for the hair, I would have done either a pony tail like she had, tied with a red ribbon, or left her hair down with the little bow on the side. Having both is just a bit much in my book.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria loves them bows- big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. She generally just enjoys dressing her daughter up and you know by now Estella has her own opinions

As for Eleonore she is six so she should be encouraged to help pick her clothes and have some choice within reason. Maybe Mathilda let her pick out her stockings and shoes.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Victoria loves them bows- big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. She generally just enjoys dressing her daughter up and you know by now Estella has her own opinions

As for Eleonore she is six so she should be encouraged to help pick her clothes and have some choice within reason. Maybe Mathilda let her pick out her stockings and shoes.
What's the point of having a little girl if you can't dress her up, right ? I love that Victoria puts bows on Estelle. They're suitable for little girls, and Estelle does look precious in them. I'm sure Estelle lets her parents know what she wants, and how she wants it. That's the fun part of being almost three; you're beginning to assert your will, and independence .

I just noticed that Eleonore's dress had a bluish/purplish tint to it, so the blue stockings can go with it. Her mom probably gave her a choice, and she chose them, maybe even because her big sister was going to wear that color.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

She only has one big sister and probably thinks Elisabeth walks on water so I would not be surprised.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I always think the Belgian children are always dressed really well, and I loved Elisabeth's dress.

Lady Louise wore a lovely dress with horses on it for her Christmas trip to Ascot. The dress is by her mum's ever favourite designer for Louise - Pale Cloud.

Lady Louise

Pale Cloud

James was in a nice wool jacket and shirt and tie James
Old 12-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

James and Edward... how sweet! Teaching him the ins and outs of racing maybe?

I can't say I like Louise's dress. It's just busy, the color is blah and their is old fashioned but this is just to much in my opinion.. something a middle aged lady would wear to be quirky. But she loves the horses so she probably feels very smart and chic in it
Old 12-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Always nice to see James and his daddy but I do agree that Louise's dress isn't her best. There is a blouse version which the website has paired with a skirt which I think looked much nicer, but Louise probably loves it as it has horses so she loved it.

I hope we see her in a lovely coat on Christmas Day and not the horrid one she wore for Easter. It would be lovely to see James on Christmas day but I think it's very unlikely.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Majesty

I don't mind Louise's outfit. It fits her preference for things that are more conservative. And Molly is right; Louise loves horses, and riding, so this dress is probably one of her favorites.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

It is very conservative and that is how Sophie has always dressed Louise. No doubt Louise will change her fashion sense as she grows up - look how Beatrice and Eugenie were dressed as girls in matching coats and hats. Now they have a relatively decent fashion sense (sometimes...)

I thought James jacket today was perfect. He had a lovely navy blazer on when he was at National Paralympic Day in August (which he matched with his Dad in colour and tie), so to see another jacket on him is nice. Little men in suits are lovely. He will look so dapper in a coat on the Christmas walk some year.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Beautiful, Elisabeth is in that age where you don't know how to dress your kid she's no longer a little girl but not yet a full teenager either, this dress was very appropiated and beautiful for her

The boys look so handsome in suits, I love that they don't have just ONE suit like every boy in the world but have an assortment of suits and coats they wear at different ocassions
Appreciate the respectful mourning colouring for HM Queen Fabiola worn by Their Majesties.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It is very conservative and that is how Sophie has always dressed Louise. No doubt Louise will change her fashion sense as she grows up - look how Beatrice and Eugenie were dressed as girls in matching coats and hats. Now they have a relatively decent fashion sense (sometimes...)

I thought James jacket today was perfect. He had a lovely navy blazer on when he was at National Paralympic Day in August (which he matched with his Dad in colour and tie), so to see another jacket on him is nice. Little men in suits are lovely. He will look so dapper in a coat on the Christmas walk some year.

I'm sure Louise will develop her own style as she gets older. It's natural. I'm curious to see if the conservative style will be kept, or if she'll go for more trendy options. I'm also pretty confident that by age eleven, Louise has some independence in choosing her attire, and she may be going for the conservative look. James looks so cute in his jacket and tie.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

Louise should dress the way she feels comfortable and The British style of dressing upper class young ladies like young ladies and not 25 year olds suits her tastes apparently but on the other hand it is when she is 19 or 20 and presumably making the rounds of society weddings, nice clubs, parties Etc. she will need to dress age appropriate also-young, fun, a little bit flirty... not like her mother But that's neither here nor their right now.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Courtier

The coat Estelle wore to pick up Christmas trees with her mother was worn originally by Victoria. Here are some photos. As well as photos of Victoria in the white dress.
Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Found it!!
Old 12-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

It's incredible sweet that Silvia packed away those clothes for 30 some years. Most of the time those except for Christening gowns are parceled to relatives or friends or donated.

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, fashion for the little royals, little royal fashion, little royals style