Fashion for the little royals Part 4: July 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^i LOVE Isabella in jeans, she looks so adorable with her pink ballerinas!!! her hair is beautiful at sunlight and its longer^^
Christian is a lovely young gentleman;)

His blue blazer is very pretty indeed!

Gosh, how many beautiful children and so well-dressed for different occasions.
I love the way CP Mathilde dresses her children, classical yet up to date. Laurent´s children wear more modern outfits but also nice. Beautiful, my darling Irene in her yellow dress and of course what to say of the Norwegian pair who are like out of a fairy tale and the engaging Danish very chic in their jeans. Isabella keeps getting better and better as she grows and you can see she is a little girl who likes to be fashionable too.

^yes i agree!!! i always LOVE seeing the young royals, and sometimes i do more than the royals grown-ups. i also agree with Isabella fashion, it seems she already 'puts her finger' in choosing her clothes, as shes getting older, she is dressing more fashionable, neat, clean, cute and apropriate to her age (it makes me forget those horrible times before Mary got pregnant with the twins)

Christian at Nikolai's birthday, wearing a nice casual look, fit for a young boy:
*Full view*

Infanta Leonor wearing a beautiful beige dress and ribbon for the photoshoot with the King and the Prince of Asturias:

**Close-up** **Full view**

Amalia, Alexia and Ariane on her mother's swimming charity event, all dressed diferently:

**Full view**

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonor´s dress is nice but the colour doesn´t suit her. She needed something pink or light blue or even a darker colour. Like that it blends too much with her skin IMO.

I don´t like at all the way the three AAs are dressed and it´s not because they are wearing different clothing. Most of the times they look dishevelled with clothing that is badly pressed. They look like Isabella used to look when she was smaller. Tawdry is the word. And it´s a shame because they are such lovely little girls.

:previous:

Maybe they chose it themselves because it cosy to wear. Pardon me, but I think that it is a fairly harsh judgement you're making. They're only children, not fashion models. If that is supposed to look tawdry I must have looked downright horrible as a child because my mum let me wear whatever I felt comfortable in.

I think that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane look lovely. It's nice to see them in something not matching, they're getting too big for that anyways.

Leonor also looks precious (and I love those pictures of the three generations).

Last edited:
Carminha Stalker said:
Tawdry is the word.

Tawdry has a connotation of dirtiness or corruption. I don't think that was the word you wanted.

Tawdry is a little harsh for children's wear IMO. You may not like it but they are not dirty or gawdy. Personally, I really like Princess Alexia's dress and the other to are fine. I'd find the outfits "tawdry" if they were too short or too tight. The dress fit correctly for their ages IMO.

I think Leonor looks lovely, but the color is indeed too bland. She's very fair, and something darker would have been preferable. The Dutch Princesses look very cute and comfortable. They weren't there in official capacity, so they looked just fine (and comfortable too).

I think Leonor looks lovely, but the color is indeed too bland. She's very fair, and something darker would have been preferable. The Dutch Princesses look very cute and comfortable. They weren't there in official capacity, so they looked just fine (and comfortable too).

This little cutie has a lifetime of wearing the most flattering color(s) ahead of her. At her age, she'll look fine in any sweet little frock. That dress is adorable, and actually a bit chic.

I don´t like at all the way the three AAs are dressed and it´s not because they are wearing different clothing. Most of the times they look dishevelled with clothing that is badly pressed. They look like Isabella used to look when she was smaller. Tawdry is the word. And it´s a shame because they are such lovely little girls.

I think the word you are probably looking for is NORMAL...they look like normal young girls in non-matching clothes that may look a bit worn and well-loved and not at all what our perceptions of what the word 'princess' should embody...But first and foremost they are just children and children should be allowed to be comfortable and exercise some will in the clothes they wear and this is what I see this as...A very informal occasion with a parental advice being: your choice, wear what you want...And they did!

Isabella has always been nicely dressed. Of course she dresses differently now that she is a 5+ "big" girl compared to when she was 2-3 years old...At that age it's better to dress practically at certain times/events.

No matter how well a dress was pressed when it was put on it would have looked dishevelled or badly pressed after playing on the ground like she did at times.

I think it's great that many of these little Princesses and Princes are allowed to look and behave like "normal" children.

Last edited:
Maybe I had the wrong word, since I´m not a native English speaker.
But my point is that these are not normal children.These are three princesses and no matter where they are, they´ll be photographed and seen. As a matter of fact I´ve aready read critiscisms similar to mine .And for heaven´s sake, I remember how Isabella´s outfits when she was little were dismaying people for the same reason.
These three girls were always very well dressed unmatched outfits or not. Lately they´re not. This is my opinion, and I have a right to express it. Compare them with other royal children and you swill see what I mean.
It´s not a question of being casually dressed. Christian had on casual but neat clothing for his cousin´s birthday.
Everybody in this forum is free to express their opinion. If you thought I was offensive, that was not my intention at all. I´m a mother and grandmother and adore children. I´d never offend a child.

:previous:

They're royals, but they're still children. They should have the exact same right to wear normal clothes as other children their age. Besides this wasn't a formal event, don't expect them to wear fancy dresses and be dressed up over neatly. They're dressed for the occasion.

It´s so funny, because a while back when they were wearing those red Mexican dresses, there were several people here that expressed how they didn´t like the outfits, etc..
I don´t expect anything, ARCHDUCHESS. I only expressed my opinion.

Isabella has always been nicely dressed. Of course she dresses differently now that she is a 5+ "big" girl compared to when she was 2-3 years old...At that age it's better to dress practically at certain times/events.
sorry but i have to disagree to that, i remenber clearly how Isabella was dressed when she was smaller (before Mary got pregnant with the twins), there were LOTS of ocassions where she was sloppy and many clothes were not exactly fit for her age, IMO, i remenber many people saying the same thing back then.
its just the taste of Mary and probably Isabella (now that she's probably be able to choose some of her clothes) that got way better.
but she wasnt that 'nicely dressed' before as she is now!

I like the three A´s outfits very much, especially Ariane´s. I don´t understand why all these complains, to be honest I don´t think that Alexia´s and Ariane´s outfits are different from Leonor´s, really. Amalia´s one is different, and maybe that´s my least favourite, but I wouldn´t call it ugly, either. She´s the oldest, so she dress like an older girl, and that´s fine for me ;)
Isabella´s clothes were just plain awful two years ago, I agree completely on that. Now she dresses very nicely, and even trendy.
Leonor´s dress is cute as always, though a little bland in colour. She obviously is a very pretty girl, so she looks like a doll in everything, IMO. I´ve always loved how Letizia dresses her daughters, their worst dresses would be between the best among the others little princesses´, IMO.

sorry but i have to disagree to that, i remenber clearly how Isabella was dressed when she was smaller (before Mary got pregnant with the twins), there were LOTS of ocassions where she was sloppy and many clothes were not exactly fit for her age, IMO, i remenber many people saying the same thing back then.
its just the taste of Mary and probably Isabella (now that she's probably be able to choose some of her clothes) that got way better.
but she wasnt that 'nicely dressed' before as she is now!

Ok, so we'll disagree then. :) I have liked most things Isabella has worn even when she was smaller.
She has always, IMO, dressed very much like little girls "up here" in the north do.

How much does cultural differences and climate play in to this, I wonder?!

I completely agree with you Nordic and I think you might be right in saying that the cultural differences play in since both you and I are Scandinavian.

The nitpicking on Isabella's clothes when she was younger always made me rather upset because 1# I don't think it was that bad, 2# a lot of young Danish girls her age dressed the same, and 3# again, she's a child and IMO it's alright to look comfortable (what others call sloppy) in "private" (and by that I mean when not out in an official matter, which Isabella hasn't been yet).

How much does cultural differences and climate play in to this, I wonder?!

I suspect quite a bit, and have always thought so. Over the years there have been plenty of pictures of Isabella and Christian with other Danish children, mainly those of their parents' friends, (the Heerings, etc), and the other little girls were always dressed quite similar to Isabella in style.

There also used to be a lot of complaints that Isabella looked "sloppy", I can only assume from people whose prior experience was with very docile little girls. ;)

^yes you might have a point in that, Spain is more hot&summery because its a meditarrean(?) country, like mine, maybe north countries have other kind of clothes to fit with the climate, etc...but if that was the main reason, shouldnt Isabella be dressed the 'same' as before?
its clear that their taste got way better and that they might have learnt with their mistakes in the past, mainly Mary of course!
but its not that Isabella was always bad dressed, some clothes were lovely, but mostly of them were :eek::sad:
(i remenber that awful look from the Summer photosession in 2010, along with the hair, thank god Mary cut her hair and she has sported a more neat haircut, diferent hairstyles and with diferent hair pieces)

ohh sorry, maybe we've got diferent point of views^^ but i dont think it suits her and her age. but guys dont get me wrong, i think Isabella is one of the most grogeous young royals out there, i just thought she wasnt that well dressed when she was younger unlike her european counterparts. the young royals can be children and wear comfortable clothes, but they also can look good or not, just like the adults.

hairpieces like ribbons, headbands, i used to wear it a lot as a kid and toddler^^ Isabella wears them more often now

Well, Princess Estelle is also Scandinavian and I have loved how they have dressed her so far. She´s still very little, though, so her parents maybe don´t have to worry so much about dressing her with "confortable" clothes.
But the same goes for IA of Norway, as far as I can remember I haven´t seen her wearing such clothes.
Not mention to the fact that little Josephine is dressed in much prettier dresses than her sister was at her age...

I'd never understood the objections to the way Isabella was dressed when she was younger - other than tastes differ. Isabella was not the 'smock' type of little girl which incidentially suited me just fine since I find smock dresses and smock-like dresess at worst plain ugly - at best hopelessly outdated. But in that I differ from the majority I think.

What I don't understand are comments like 'Mary's taste has changed' (ergo Isabella's dresses have changed). What about the father and his tastes in his own childrens's clothes!! My own three daughters have definitely not dressed or been dressed solely to suit my personal taste. No matter how hard I tried to suppress him, their father's say in the matter simply could not just be ignored!:cool:
It's a new century and fathers do have a say as well....

???
Do you mean this look (I hope the link works)
What on earth is awful about this: A simple white top with a colourful summer skirt?
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2010/PPE10072886.jpg

Incidentially, if I still had daughters in this age, I'd love to dress them in this outfit. It's just plain sweet :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
well i dont know if this suits here because its for 'little' royals.
Marius on official pictures by the Norwegen Royal Official Site: (he is 15 already, soon he's too grown up to be in this thread, what do you guys think?)

**Suit and Tie** **White outfit for Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom