Fashion for the Little Royals, Part 2: April 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I still remember that grey potato sack... What a rag! :cool: I think Cindy has a good point here. We all know that Princess Mary is a very busy woman (the word 'busy' doesn't even begin to describe it...), perhaps she could get some help from her own stylist. Her excellent taste is obvious, so why not shopping for Isabella too? ;) I'm sure CP Mary could trust her - since you can dress a woman so perfectly, it's more than certain that you can do that to a little girl as well.

I can assure you that Princess Isabella is dressed just as any other little danish girl :flowers::flowers::flowers:

So there won´t be any fuzz about it :)

Well, I'm not a mother yet after all. Perhaps things in children's wear have really changed. I can only remember lovely, dreamy stuff in pink, red, yellow, white, light blue etc. and I just don't see that on Isabella so often.

I can assure you that Princess Isabella is dressed just as any other little danish girl :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I totally agree :flowers:

You can take a look on this page: Norlie

It is Scandinavian clothes to children (0-12 years) and you can see how clothes to children looks like here in Scandinavian :)

Isabella is not supposed to be in perfect matched clothes, yes she is a princess but we can all judge & criticize her when she is much older. She is only a child dressing up like any other girl.
I love Christian's outfit.

It is Scandinavian clothes to children (0-12 years) and you can see how clothes to children looks like here in Scandinavian :)
Oh, that´s a great link, Roskilde :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Isabella is not supposed to be in perfect matched clothes, yes she is a princess but we can all judge & criticize her when she is much older. She is only a child dressing up like any other girl.
I love Christian's outfit.

But because some of us don't like what Isabella (or whoever) wears doesn't mean we are judging and criticizing. I think we just state our opinions on what we like and what we don't.

So the papers in Denmark are not filled with stories about Isabella looking like an orphan and her mother not caring how she looks?:lol:

So the papers in Denmark are not filled with stories about Isabella looking like an orphan and her mother not caring how she looks?:lol:
I´m almost sorry to say no :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you Roskilde for the link.
For me,it's evident since a while that the danish royal kids are dressed following the scandinavian trends.Same thing applies to norwegian royal kids.
Scandinavian trends in cloths or furnishing tends to be simple but very practical.I personally love it.But,I can understand those who don't like it.
In some countries (for exemple in latin countries) people tend to prefer colourfoul and very girly cloths ,in scandinavian it's different.
Here in France,you can find both trends.
In general,people with higher social status ,traditional catholics tend to favor a kind of scandinavian tendancy that is pratical,simple and less colourfoul.
In some other countries,things are certainly different.
For me,it's not necessary to dress up kids like dolls just for the sake of exposing them to the camera like trophies and tell them to smile to the crowd and camera.They have to remain carefree.

I think, regarding Isabella's clothes, people are projecting their archaic sense of what a 'princess' should look like, this is the 21st century, the world has moved beyond crinolines and lace, especially on little girls, young princesses no longer have to look like living dolls and I think this is a good thing...Royalty are human after all, although they are privileged ones, the days of appearing remote, unapproachable and fragile are gone...

I love Isabella's clothing, I think it makes her look more playful and spunky because the focus is on HER and not her fancy pretty frilly outfit...And I think it is Mary's (and maybe Fred's too) philosophy not to dress their daughter in sacchrine, precious clothing...From day one, Isabella's colour palette (as chosen by her parents) has been mauve, dusky pink and grey...Whereas Chrisitan's has been blue and brown...

Roskilde...your Norlie link was fabulous...I can certainly see some of those clothes on I & C...especially the aubergine-coloured smock dress with the 3 rosettes on the neckline...Gorgeous, I want one for my own 3 year old!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary dresses Isabella for comfort. If you're going to expect a 3-year-old to sit still for an hour or 2 she'd better be comfortable or you'd have some issues. If what Isabella is wearing is what other Danish children are wearing then she's fine. She looks cute in them.

I agree. And I know, we have no idea who dresses Isabella, yes, maybe she does it herself, but even if she dresses herself (or picks what she wants to wear) she still doesn't buy the clothes. Someone (Mary?) must be buying what Isabella wears (i.e. "grey potato sack"), so I still think Mary just either doesn't care what Isabella wears or, like you said, she doesn't know how to dress a little girl.

Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea. :ermm: That's not really meant as criticism regarding Mary, but I think it must have been really cold and I wonder why Isabella didn't wear gloves (like her mother) or a hat.

Last edited:
Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea. :ermm: That's not really meant as criticism regarding Mary, but I think it must have been really cold and I wonder why Isabella didn't wear gloves (like her mother) or a hat.

I don't know how it is, but I've read many posts by different posters here saying their kids are / were dressing themselves / picking what they wanted to wear. Hence my post.

The excuse for the potato sack is in post 151 in this same thread:)

Are those facts ot just speculations, in post # 151?

Several posts have been edited to remove references to Isabella dressing like an orphan - there is no need for name-calling. Posters can state their opinion (positive or negative) regarding the fashion of the young royals without resorting to name-calling.

If you have any questions on this matter, please contact a Royal House of Fashion moderator as future posts implying or calling a child names will be removed.

JessRulz, for the RHoF Moderators

Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea. :ermm:

How many three year olds do you know? Because I definetly know quiet a few that want to choose their own clothes and refuse to wear what mummy picks. :)

But because some of us don't like what Isabella (or whoever) wears doesn't mean we are judging and criticizing. I think we just state our opinions on what we like and what we don't.

But some are not just stating their opinion but are judging ;)

How many three year olds do you know? Because I definetly know quiet a few that want to choose their own clothes and refuse to wear what mummy picks. :)

But some are not just stating their opinion but are judging ;)

Maybe... I think it'a very thin line between on and the other. Esp when it comes to kids, one needs to be very careful.

Quite a few I'd say as I worked in a Kindergarten for three years. Sure, children sometimes don't like to wear what their mothers pick for them and some of them have their favorite t-shirts etc. :) I thought I read somewhere here that someone said she dresses herself, which means to me that she picks all of her clothes herself and I don't think that would be a wise decision, otherwise I would have left the house in a short pink dress and my mum's heels in winter when I was 5. :lol: Anyway, I think I just misunderstood something in this discussion.

Last edited:
Matching the pieces of clothes is the point at dressing Isabella.She realy has nice pieces but always mismatched and It is supposed that her parents even if she is dressing herself should guide her.I'm a mother of 5 years old boy and 2.5 years old girl and I never have problems in persuading them to wear what I want although they are stubborn.

:previous: I agree, they should guide her. I mean, if a little girl isn't in her terrible two's, it's not that difficult. However, we don't know who dresses Isabella and her last outfit was nice to me.

I don't see why Isabella shouldn't wear what she wore. It isn't inappropriate, dirty or whatever. No need to persuade her to wear something different...

I must say it looks like Isabella dress, not very colorfull, but here I get a catalogue with Scandinavian clothing for kids and it is so much colorfull
girls: Dresses & Skirts and so cute for girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she is so cute and pretty that I would like to dress her as a doll but this is my opinion of course! I got my daughter dress as a doll! so I Suppose Mary is entitle to dress her daughter as she wants we agree or not!

I must say it looks like Isabella dress, not very colorfull, but here I get a catalogue with Scandinavian clothing for kids and it is so much colorfull
girls: Dresses & Skirts and so cute for girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she is so cute and pretty that I would like to dress her as a doll but this is my opinion of course! I got my daughter dress as a doll! so I Suppose Mary is entitle to dress her daughter as she wants we agree or not!
IMO the concept of dressing girls like dolls is not very popular in Denmark. I have three daughters and have seen them through kindergarten etc. and almost all girls, mine and others, were dressed more or less along the lines of Isabella - except on days when the girls chose their own rather 'electric style' :) To me and probably to many other mother of girls here it sends the 'wrong' signals if our girls are dressed in frills and what have you and in an overly girly-girly fashion. The emphasis is on the girl's personality - and what's in her head - not on what she is wearing. One may argue that both can be achieved even if the girl is dressed girly-girly, but if boys have the freedom of being casually dressed, why the dress-up act for girls?
If Isabella was seen most of the time in cute pastels, frills and overly cute girly clothes, I am sure all the child psychologists here would line up for interviews with the media and explain why this was the wrong signal to send for girls :)

Thanks to the Almighty that somebody changed by sending this cute picture of the Belgian kids. IMO enough of Isabella´s clothing. We´ve seen them and either loved or hated it. How about putting some other lovely children, like the Infantitas, the Urdangarins, Alexia´s tribe, Ingrid Alexandra, Pavlo´s fivesome, Victoria Federica, Louise and the twins etc...etc...
One thing is for certain, in every country there are different fashions for different types oif children -some are modern, some are girly-girly and frilly. As long as the child in question looks well taken care of, the clothing is clean, the hair is neat.
In my country, even poor children`s Mums try to make their little ones look the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom