Fashion for the Little Royals, Part 2: April 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
She is indeed! She looks so cute in her little thoub in the last pic.

Leonor looks like Letizia

^ You're right once again. Isabella is a sweet girl and deserves a better wardrobe. I loved the dress with the bow and the purple cardigan. A beautiful girly look. The grey tights and the shoes look awful though. Very old-fashioned. I liked the first photo, where she's looking at her mother's hand. I guess she wanted to see how she was holding the bouquet in order to immitate her.;) Cute girl!

I agree: for once Isabella looks neat and well dressed. Also her hair looks better when in a pony tail.
Leonor is truly beautiful, but I have a soft spot for little Sofia!

:previous: Me too. :)

I liked Isabella's pinkish cardigan, so nice to see her in bright colors, the collar looks cute, too.

Isabella looked better than previous times but still, her clothes leave a lot to be desired. Christian was dressed like the average boy next door. If the mother doesn't want nannies to raise her children, then she has to try more herself.

If the mother doesn't want nannies to raise her children, then she has to try more herself.

The mother??? Which century are you from?:whistling: The kids have two parents - a mother and a father. Safe to say both parents have a say - even about clothes!

I cringe every time I read that this and that (crown) princess dresses her children in this and that. I know for a fact that fathers actually can be present in that respect too.

As to your comment about Christian being dressed like the average boy next door - yes, and good for him. Did you expect to seem him wearing a butterfly or what? All the Danish child psychologists would have worried entries in all the magazines if he had. Let him and the sister be dressed as 'normal' as possible for their age for as long as possible.

http://c.cdn.belga.be/picture/22478579/preview/watermark
http://images.starlounge.com/2010/09/22/35_DK_Amalienborg_overtagelse.jpg

Christian and Isabella of Denmark at opening of Amalienborg Palace.

Both kids wearing neat outfits. For once, Isabella looks clean and nicely dressed.

They both looked very lovely in their outfits which was very there age and yet formal.
Isabella looked lovely in that grey & white number matched with the cardigan too add color. Loved her hair, very tidy.

Christian looked very chic in his outfit.

I agree, the kids looked very nice. And Isabella's hair looked very nice.

Josette

The mother??? Which century are you from?:whistling: The kids have two parents - a mother and a father. Safe to say both parents have a say - even about clothes!

I cringe every time I read that this and that (crown) princess dresses her children in this and that. I know for a fact that fathers actually can be present in that respect too.

As to your comment about Christian being dressed like the average boy next door - yes, and good for him. Did you expect to seem him wearing a butterfly or what? All the Danish child psychologists would have worried entries in all the magazines if he had. Let him and the sister be dressed as 'normal' as possible for their age for as long as possible.

Indeed, we sometimes have a say in regards to our children. :p

Not to mention the children themselves. Children nowadays, including my own, are very much aware of how they are dressed and they have a taste of their own! If you try to dress them in something they positively hate, you are asking for a fight and at best you'll have a sulking child on your hands.
Most children of that age wants to look like the other children. They don't mind being a little smarter dressed, as long they don't stick out too much.

If the children are happy with the way they are dressed, they'll look happy and comfortable.

She is holding her hairband, and appears to be wearing a smock over her clothes to keep them tidy before her brother's party.

You are so right, DUKE OF MARMALADE, whilst Christian is tidy and groomed, wears normal modern clothes, poor Isabella with rare exceptions is messy and untidy. And that hair!When a child has long and probably very fine hair, one must be careful to keep it under control either braiding (I´ve seen her so and it was nice) or a pony tail or a hairband.

She does have a hairband; she has just taken it off and is holding it in her hand ;)

Messy and untidy? If you don't like her clothes, that's fine, but she is not messy and untidy.

I am by no means a fan of doll-like dressed girls who are being paraded around on two or three formal occasions during the year but Isabella is the other extreme.

In general I really like the DRF attitude of leading a "normal" life with their children, taking them out into the real world and looking like any other kid. While Christian usually looks perfectly fine with jeans and sweater that are supposed to get dirty when playing outside, Isabella is dressed in drab and saggy clothes that dont fit and look dull, her hair looking unkempt and messy.

My guess is that Isabella plays rougher than her big brother. So Fred and Mary dress her in clothes that she can dirty up and rip up.

My guess is that Isabella plays rougher than her big brother. So Fred and Mary dress her in clothes that she can dirty up and rip up.

Its not that there arent any nice clothes for tomboy type girls like Isabella, eg Irene Urgandarin is dressed practical but nice by Infanta Cristina.

Really? I only ever see photos of Irene when she is dressed for a photo-op.

I am sorry but I have to agree with everyone here, Princess Mary has excellent taste in clothing when choosing her own, why can't she apply it to her own children. Christian for the most part normally looks like a normal little boy but Isabella looks like she gets her clothes either from a rag bag or a second hand store. She looked really nice when the moved in their new home, but this outfit looks like she is wearing an old shirt of Freds, Christians old shoes, and a pair of her old tights. Come on, she should look better then that, it isn't like Mary doesn't have access to a lot of choices and the money to make her look better. It isn't even the dark drab colors that Mary seems to prefer on her children that look so bad this time, it is everything, she looks like an orphan.

Prince Christian's birthday party.

Nice pic of Christina, Mary and Ziggy in normal playground kids clothes
http://i3.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16/e9c9ca67b21c87c32e936b115123a852.jpg

Isabella, well, I know kids are kids but she could at least look like Christian, with basic grooming.
I dont want to be mean but this pic reminds me of Oliver!, one of the orphans who has just found something in the garbage.
http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16/e98f5b5849d1b580436d559de9761e93.jpg

I feel so sorry for little Isabella once again. It's shocking and it's sad. And please, don't tell me that she's the one who went to her closet and chose to wear this rag. This argument is getting funny and old. I don't think there is an excuse this time, the girl is attending her brother's b-day (even if it's outdoors for play). It's obvious that someone - the mother? the nannies? someone from the royal staff? - never cared enough about this girl's wardrobe. Why is it so difficult to go to a store and buy a pretty and girly dress?! It doesn't have to be pink with lace and frou-frou all over... Just pretty and decent.:flowers:

She certainly doesn't look like a little Princess, not even like a little Baroness or a little Miss XY. :eek: As I stated earlier in this thread, I can't understand why a woman who loves her daughter dresses her girl this way. Children are beautiful, always and it's so easy to dress them in a lovely way. I personally loved it to dress my little daughter, to buy her sweet little dresses, skirts or t-shirts in bright colors and I liked it to style her hair. She never looked like a little doll, she looked happy, neat and nicely dressed. This girl looks like a lost child. (...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Isn't that, what do you call it, a sort of coverall for children?
You know, the things they use when painting and similar messy things.
Perhaps Bella was creating a work of art? ;)

We used plastic aprons for ours. Didn't work incidentally. They always managed to get paint or dirt on their clothes no matter what. :p

I can recommend disposable paper overalls when they are riding mountain bikes in the mud. The local kids use them around here. They are age 10-13 and they think it looks cool. :cool: - So do we parents, but for other reasons...
You just need to trim the sleeves and legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom