The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Ok, listen ladies, both of you, UD and Dee. Whether you're being sarcastic towards me or not doesn't change the fact that Isabella yesterday wore one of the most horrid rags one can think of. The ugliness of this "cloth" is beyond imagination. Obviously you ran out of arguments and ideas and have started to attack other posters, who don't praise your favorite royals. Why don't you accept, if not respect, my point of view and we all go to sleep? It's easier and more polite this way. I think we're done. That's my opinion about this grey muddy horror. End of story. Good bye.
Stop trying to derail the argument Blackadder. My disagreement with your statement was because you claim that Bella's clothes denote lost child, orphan etc. which of course is not true. What her clothes do denote is another taste than yours - which is fine by me. Sleep tight....

Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16...9de9761e93.jpg

If Isabella looks like a "lost child" she's definitely a cute one! I kinda like the look she's sporting. It basically says "Hey, I'm Isabella of Denmark, I'm 3, I'm hip and cool without even trying."

Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Courtier

I don't know why people are so inflamed about Isabella's clothes...it's not a new thing, she has been wearing subdued colours and severe styled clothes since her birth, practically...it is either what Isabella wants to wear herself or an image that Mary (and Fred) want to project of their child, i.e. that she capable, strong and not precious...She is not a ditzy, silly, little pink and frill addict, anyone can wear pink!!...Isabella's style has to be serious and restrained and practical...She's probably not allowed to wear licenced stuff (like Dora or Barbie) and pinks and lighter colours and delicate fabrics are probably not appropriate for the climate and the kind of play Isabella and big brother partake in...I love the clothes Isabella wears, she is hip and cool (as Pam says) and I only wish my kids would dress more like that, but my daughters like common old pink clothes and tops with pictures on them...yuk!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:57 PM

http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16...9de9761e93.jpg

< ed by Warren > Of course she is loved and well cared for, but you do wonder what her parents are thinking.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

just wondering if Mary reads thiss trheats about Isabella's coths? it is not doubt that we are all entitled to diffrent taste, and a lot of us do not agree with Mary's choices for Isabella, it is a kind of bizard I think when you see the daughters of Maxima and Letizia , just such a difference! Somebody here or in other threat mention that she might not be able to use any of the cloths with Dora or any other cartoon, well, if this is the case becasue she is a princess and she might not be able to do any publicity it is sad that at her age she can not enjoy to use any of the Disney;s cracters, I think it is so cool for kids that and so much fun! is any site of clothes in Denmark for kids that we can see?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Courtier

What really makes me sad about all of this is the disparaging remarks about a little three year old girl and how she looks in her clothes. It is not about what she is wearing at all. I agree on some of her clothing. You would think that we as adults could offer a comment on her clothing only, not come in and make unkind remarks about how she looks in them. That is the whole problem with all of this. She is a only a child.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Okay, time to move on, some of us like and some of us dislike the fashion
choices that have been made for Isabella, that's all and should not end in
arguments! Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Isabella
Prince Christian
Nikolai and Felix

Family Event on 6.11.10.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Nobility

Isabella looks nice in her clothes. I like this pullover and her red trousers.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Nikolai and Felix both look very nice. Isabella's outfit is completely mismatched, though each piece separately is just fine. Christian is very poorly dressed, IMO. His trousers look awful and totally worn. Just a clarification: I'm only judging by what I see and I don't mean to start an argument. This is only MY opinion, no one else's and I'm not going to reply to rude posters that will possibly attack me.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Isabella looks so cute!! I like her new haircut : )
Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the ponch which emulates her mother's; so cute. I like the way Mary dresses Isabella. They boys look cute too.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the poncho! She's so adorable! And Christian is turning is into a little man!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Courtier

I love Isabella's hair it looks so good on her. She looked so cute in her poncho and boots just like moms. All the boys looked really cute and seem to enjoy their time together. Seems when Mary is pregnant she goes into a haircutting mode.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Nikolai and Felix both look very nice. Isabella's outfit is completely mismatched, though each piece separately is just fine. Christian is very poorly dressed, IMO. His trousers look awful and totally worn. Just a clarification: I'm only judging by what I see and I don't mean to start an argument. This is only MY opinion, no one else's and I'm not going to reply to rude posters that will possibly attack me.
No attack here I am wondering if the knees look worn because he was crawling around on them. I think he looks fine, but as you say, this is each person's opinion.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
No attack here I am wondering if the knees look worn because he was crawling around on them. I think he looks fine, but as you say, this is each person's opinion.
Sure, perhaps that's the reason. You see, we look at the photos and we say whether we like something or not. We're not here to excuse or analyse the reasons why this or that shirt, for example, looked worn or dirty or messy etc. That would be exhausting and quite boring. Thanks for the understanding anyway, Emmily!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I agree with you. Isabella's outfit looks like put together by her or very fast. No matches at all.
As for Christian, his clothes looks kind of old, maybe that's the reason?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Just replying to all the posters who have said their clothes are old and worn...Royal or not, they are just kids, sometimes, well most times they have minds of their own and will want to wear what they want to wear...Present them with the option of wearing those new trousers, they will go for the worn, comfy, familiar ones...Asking a stubborn 3 year old girl to wear something that matches is probably fighting a losing battle, it is probably just an effort to get her into clothes that whatever she chooses you will be happy with because at least she is dressed...We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but as a mother of four, kids at this age are exercising independence and wanting to dress themselves and choosing their own clothes and sometimes as a parent you just have to pick your battles and let some things go...And if Mary (never Frederik, he is only the father after all) is criticised for wanting a harmonious (but mismatched) household, then good luck to her, I think she is doing a great job, considering the bigger pressure on her than clothes...that the kids are well-behaved, polite and don't embarass their parents...
Old 11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Just replying to all the posters who have said their clothes are old and worn...Royal or not, they are just kids, sometimes, well most times they have minds of their own and will want to wear what they want to wear...Present them with the option of wearing those new trousers, they will go for the worn, comfy, familiar ones...Asking a stubborn 3 year old girl to wear something that matches is probably fighting a losing battle, it is probably just an effort to get her into clothes that whatever she chooses you will be happy with because at least she is dressed...We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but as a mother of four, kids at this age are exercising independence and wanting to dress themselves and choosing their own clothes and sometimes as a parent you just have to pick your battles and let some things go...And if Mary (never Frederik, he is only the father after all) is criticised for wanting a harmonious (but mismatched) household, then good luck to her, I think she is doing a great job, considering the bigger pressure on her than clothes...that the kids are well-behaved, polite and don't embarass their parents...
But that's not what we should be talking about here. After all, this IS a FASHION THREAD, not "how well are their kids behaving" thread. Besides, how can you tell how well behaved they are by looking at the pictures?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

Or perhaps we should only comment fashion when royals are seen at events where fashionable clothes are to be expected? This was the Hubertus Hunt, a three year old girl attending with her family in cold weather, probably playing with her brother and cousins and going for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Somehow it doesn't matter if her poncho and her trousers seemed mitmatched to some (they looked perfectly fine to me) - main thing was that she was kept warm and comfortable.

With the keen royal watching these days, every day clothes, practical clothes, children's clothing are commented under the 'fashion' thread. Perhaps it becomes too much; we should make allowance for events which by their nature are just not for fashion discussions. But that is just my personal opinion of course.