The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Royal Highness

She does have a hairband; she has just taken it off and is holding it in her hand

Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Messy and untidy? If you don't like her clothes, that's fine, but she is not messy and untidy.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am by no means a fan of doll-like dressed girls who are being paraded around on two or three formal occasions during the year but Isabella is the other extreme.

In general I really like the DRF attitude of leading a "normal" life with their children, taking them out into the real world and looking like any other kid. While Christian usually looks perfectly fine with jeans and sweater that are supposed to get dirty when playing outside, Isabella is dressed in drab and saggy clothes that dont fit and look dull, her hair looking unkempt and messy.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

My guess is that Isabella plays rougher than her big brother. So Fred and Mary dress her in clothes that she can dirty up and rip up.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
My guess is that Isabella plays rougher than her big brother. So Fred and Mary dress her in clothes that she can dirty up and rip up.
Its not that there arent any nice clothes for tomboy type girls like Isabella, eg Irene Urgandarin is dressed practical but nice by Infanta Cristina.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Really? I only ever see photos of Irene when she is dressed for a photo-op.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

I am sorry but I have to agree with everyone here, Princess Mary has excellent taste in clothing when choosing her own, why can't she apply it to her own children. Christian for the most part normally looks like a normal little boy but Isabella looks like she gets her clothes either from a rag bag or a second hand store. She looked really nice when the moved in their new home, but this outfit looks like she is wearing an old shirt of Freds, Christians old shoes, and a pair of her old tights. Come on, she should look better then that, it isn't like Mary doesn't have access to a lot of choices and the money to make her look better. It isn't even the dark drab colors that Mary seems to prefer on her children that look so bad this time, it is everything, she looks like an orphan.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Prince Christian's birthday party.

Nice pic of Christina, Mary and Ziggy in normal playground kids clothes
http://i3.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16...115123a852.jpg

Isabella, well, I know kids are kids but she could at least look like Christian, with basic grooming.
I dont want to be mean but this pic reminds me of Oliver!, one of the orphans who has just found something in the garbage.
http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2010/10/16...9de9761e93.jpg
I feel so sorry for little Isabella once again. It's shocking and it's sad. And please, don't tell me that she's the one who went to her closet and chose to wear this rag. This argument is getting funny and old. I don't think there is an excuse this time, the girl is attending her brother's b-day (even if it's outdoors for play). It's obvious that someone - the mother? the nannies? someone from the royal staff? - never cared enough about this girl's wardrobe. Why is it so difficult to go to a store and buy a pretty and girly dress?! It doesn't have to be pink with lace and frou-frou all over... Just pretty and decent.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

She certainly doesn't look like a little Princess, not even like a little Baroness or a little Miss XY. As I stated earlier in this thread, I can't understand why a woman who loves her daughter dresses her girl this way. Children are beautiful, always and it's so easy to dress them in a lovely way. I personally loved it to dress my little daughter, to buy her sweet little dresses, skirts or t-shirts in bright colors and I liked it to style her hair. She never looked like a little doll, she looked happy, neat and nicely dressed. This girl looks like a lost child. (...)
Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Isn't that, what do you call it, a sort of coverall for children?
You know, the things they use when painting and similar messy things.
Perhaps Bella was creating a work of art?

We used plastic aprons for ours. Didn't work incidentally. They always managed to get paint or dirt on their clothes no matter what.

I can recommend disposable paper overalls when they are riding mountain bikes in the mud. The local kids use them around here. They are age 10-13 and they think it looks cool. - So do we parents, but for other reasons...
You just need to trim the sleeves and legs.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

that is just .......! Of course she is not 'a lost child'. People are way over-interpreting clothes if anyone could conclude that from a picture of a little girl running about in the garden around her family home wearing whatever she likes to wear.

Get used to it; not every little girl loves dressing up or is good at keeping herself nice and tidy for any substantial amount of time. Not all parents symbolise their love of their daughter by buying her pretty stuff and dressing her in it all the time; perhaps this little girl's parents were playing hockey with her behind the fence - and perhaps she just loves it!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

That is just what? Come on, I don't want the little girl to wear Prada or Chanel and of course there are tomboyish girlies that don't like it to be dressed up. That's perfectly okay. But you can't say that it's the first time this little Princess looks rather like an orphan. I was raised in noble circles and actually I know quite a few of the people you are writing about here on this forum. Thus I can assure you that they aren't raised and taught like any other child in the world. Isabella should have fun, yes. But she is still a Princess. I believe she could have fun in a yellow dress as much as in a grey sack, no? To me that's all nonsense.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
That is just what? Come on, I don't want the little girl to wear Prada or Chanel and of course there are tomboyish girlies that don't like it to be dressed up. That's perfectly okay. But you can't say that it's the first time this little Princess looks rather like an orphan. I was raised in noble circles and actually I know quite a few of the people you are writing about here on this forum. Thus I can assure you that they aren't raised and taught like any other child in the world. Isabella should have fun, yes. But she is still a Princess. I believe she could have fun in a yellow dress as much as in a gray sack, no? To me that's all nonsense.
When she does wear something brighter and more colorful it is still never enough. Everyone still hates what she wears. Is it not OK in the "noble circles" for a little girl to play out in a garden at a birthday party in a dark colored dress? Her taking off her headband, looking at it, showing it to her grandfather leaves her hair messy. Is it hurting anything? We would have never had a clue what she had on or her "lost child" look if the pictures had not been allowed. Maybe they were kind enough to let her take off for a couple of hours of her Princess training for the birthday party. She was at home playing with friends at a birthday party. She is 3 years old for goodness sakes. Give the child and parents a break.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Saying she looks like an orphan is pure rubbish IMO. You may og may not like the colours or cut of her clothes but there's a long stretch to claim that dresses in dark colours make her look like an orphan.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Isabella looked better than previous times but still, her clothes leave a lot to be desired. Christian was dressed like the average boy next door. If the mother doesn't want nannies to raise her children, then she has to try more herself.

This is your post from the day they received the keys to their new home. It was still not enough even then. I do not think it ever will be.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Courtier

I actually like how Isabella is dressed...I love the colours she wears, the aubergine, grey, dusky pink, etc...I see alot of clothes in my local upmarket childrens clothes shop that are these colours too...I think these colours actually look MORE expensive than your standard dollar store pink...Maybe Mary doesn't want her little girl to grow up being perceived as a precious, delicate, prim and proper little PINK princess...Maybe she wants her to grow up to be a strong, independent and active girl who is not afraid to get dirty and messy...Maybe Mary is teaching Isabella that it is not appearances that are important is who you are and what you do and how you treat others...

And maybe I am reading too much into it, they are just clothes...BUT I actually think Isabella's name is frilly enough without her having to dress the part too...And who really knows, maybe the feisty little Bella, with a mind of her own, has a wardrobe full of pink frilly frou-frou that she refuses to wear and meanwhile Mary is tearing her hair out trying to get her little girl to look more girly...and everyone is casting aspersions on Mary saying it is her fault for dressing her daughter so drably?

We just don't know what goes on behind closed doors and the reasons for things, but in my opinion, Isabella looks nice and happy and active...
Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Ok, listen ladies, both of you, UD and Dee. Whether you're being sarcastic towards me or not doesn't change the fact that Isabella yesterday wore one of the most horrid rags one can think of. The ugliness of this "cloth" is beyond imagination. Obviously you ran out of arguments and ideas and have started to attack other posters, who don't praise your favorite royals. Why don't you accept, if not respect, my point of view and we all go to sleep? It's easier and more polite this way. I think we're done. That's my opinion about this grey muddy horror. End of story. Good bye.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm afraid I have to agree with Blackadder in some way. I really dislike most of the outfits Isabella is wearing. This one is just ugly.
But kids are kids and their fashion shouldn't be that important.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Courtier

It is fine if you do not like what she is wearing. It is the words chosen on how you all express it. Orphan, lost child, rag, Oliver, rag bag, never cared enough. She is a 3 year old child still sucking her thumb for goodness sakes. Can we all not just say that you do not care for something and not be so overly dramatic about how she is dressed. There are no other royal children on this forum that are criticized to the degree Christian and Isabella are. How they behave, what they wear. Maybe it is because we never see them in real time like we do these kids. They are all photo calls. It might be nice if we stop being so critical and be proud we even get to see these children. Even the new birthday photos were criticized and I wonder why. How many birthday pictures do we see of the other royal children, much less of their birthday party.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

So long as the royal children are happy and healthy who really cares what they wear? They're going face a lot of criticism in their adult lives, why not just leave them be when they're children?

Closed Thread