Fashion for the Little Royals, Part 2: April 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is just .......! Of course she is not 'a lost child'. People are way over-interpreting clothes if anyone could conclude that from a picture of a little girl running about in the garden around her family home wearing whatever she likes to wear.

Get used to it; not every little girl loves dressing up or is good at keeping herself nice and tidy for any substantial amount of time. Not all parents symbolise their love of their daughter by buying her pretty stuff and dressing her in it all the time; perhaps this little girl's parents were playing hockey with her behind the fence - and perhaps she just loves it!

That is just what? Come on, I don't want the little girl to wear Prada or Chanel and of course there are tomboyish girlies that don't like it to be dressed up. That's perfectly okay. But you can't say that it's the first time this little Princess looks rather like an orphan. I was raised in noble circles and actually I know quite a few of the people you are writing about here on this forum. Thus I can assure you that they aren't raised and taught like any other child in the world. Isabella should have fun, yes. But she is still a Princess. I believe she could have fun in a yellow dress as much as in a grey sack, no? To me that's all nonsense.:cool:

That is just what? Come on, I don't want the little girl to wear Prada or Chanel and of course there are tomboyish girlies that don't like it to be dressed up. That's perfectly okay. But you can't say that it's the first time this little Princess looks rather like an orphan. I was raised in noble circles and actually I know quite a few of the people you are writing about here on this forum. Thus I can assure you that they aren't raised and taught like any other child in the world. Isabella should have fun, yes. But she is still a Princess. I believe she could have fun in a yellow dress as much as in a gray sack, no? To me that's all nonsense.:cool:

When she does wear something brighter and more colorful it is still never enough. Everyone still hates what she wears. Is it not OK in the "noble circles" for a little girl to play out in a garden at a birthday party in a dark colored dress? Her taking off her headband, looking at it, showing it to her grandfather leaves her hair messy. Is it hurting anything? We would have never had a clue what she had on or her "lost child" look if the pictures had not been allowed. Maybe they were kind enough to let her take off for a couple of hours of her Princess training for the birthday party. She was at home playing with friends at a birthday party. She is 3 years old for goodness sakes. Give the child and parents a break.

Saying she looks like an orphan is pure rubbish IMO. You may og may not like the colours or cut of her clothes but there's a long stretch to claim that dresses in dark colours make her look like an orphan.

Isabella looked better than previous times but still, her clothes leave a lot to be desired. Christian was dressed like the average boy next door. If the mother doesn't want nannies to raise her children, then she has to try more herself.

This is your post from the day they received the keys to their new home. It was still not enough even then. I do not think it ever will be. :bang:

I actually like how Isabella is dressed...I love the colours she wears, the aubergine, grey, dusky pink, etc...I see alot of clothes in my local upmarket childrens clothes shop that are these colours too...I think these colours actually look MORE expensive than your standard dollar store pink...Maybe Mary doesn't want her little girl to grow up being perceived as a precious, delicate, prim and proper little PINK princess...Maybe she wants her to grow up to be a strong, independent and active girl who is not afraid to get dirty and messy...Maybe Mary is teaching Isabella that it is not appearances that are important is who you are and what you do and how you treat others...

And maybe I am reading too much into it, they are just clothes...BUT I actually think Isabella's name is frilly enough without her having to dress the part too...And who really knows, maybe the feisty little Bella, with a mind of her own, has a wardrobe full of pink frilly frou-frou that she refuses to wear and meanwhile Mary is tearing her hair out trying to get her little girl to look more girly...and everyone is casting aspersions on Mary saying it is her fault for dressing her daughter so drably?

We just don't know what goes on behind closed doors and the reasons for things, but in my opinion, Isabella looks nice and happy and active...

Ok, listen ladies, both of you, UD and Dee. Whether you're being sarcastic towards me or not doesn't change the fact that Isabella yesterday wore one of the most horrid rags one can think of. The ugliness of this "cloth" is beyond imagination. Obviously you ran out of arguments and ideas and have started to attack other posters, who don't praise your favorite royals. Why don't you accept, if not respect, my point of view and we all go to sleep? It's easier and more polite this way. I think we're done. That's my opinion about this grey muddy horror. End of story. Good bye.:flowers:

I'm afraid I have to agree with Blackadder in some way. I really dislike most of the outfits Isabella is wearing. This one is just ugly.
But kids are kids and their fashion shouldn't be that important. :)

It is fine if you do not like what she is wearing. It is the words chosen on how you all express it. Orphan, lost child, rag, Oliver, rag bag, never cared enough. She is a 3 year old child still sucking her thumb for goodness sakes. Can we all not just say that you do not care for something and not be so overly dramatic about how she is dressed. There are no other royal children on this forum that are criticized to the degree Christian and Isabella are. How they behave, what they wear. Maybe it is because we never see them in real time like we do these kids. They are all photo calls. It might be nice if we stop being so critical and be proud we even get to see these children. Even the new birthday photos were criticized and I wonder why. How many birthday pictures do we see of the other royal children, much less of their birthday party.

So long as the royal children are happy and healthy who really cares what they wear? They're going face a lot of criticism in their adult lives, why not just leave them be when they're children?

Ok, listen ladies, both of you, UD and Dee. Whether you're being sarcastic towards me or not doesn't change the fact that Isabella yesterday wore one of the most horrid rags one can think of. The ugliness of this "cloth" is beyond imagination. Obviously you ran out of arguments and ideas and have started to attack other posters, who don't praise your favorite royals. Why don't you accept, if not respect, my point of view and we all go to sleep? It's easier and more polite this way. I think we're done. That's my opinion about this grey muddy horror. End of story. Good bye.:flowers:
Stop trying to derail the argument Blackadder. My disagreement with your statement was because you claim that Bella's clothes denote lost child, orphan etc. which of course is not true. What her clothes do denote is another taste than yours - which is fine by me. Sleep tight.... :)

I don't know why people are so inflamed about Isabella's clothes...it's not a new thing, she has been wearing subdued colours and severe styled clothes since her birth, practically...it is either what Isabella wants to wear herself or an image that Mary (and Fred) want to project of their child, i.e. that she capable, strong and not precious...She is not a ditzy, silly, little pink and frill addict, anyone can wear pink!!...Isabella's style has to be serious and restrained and practical...She's probably not allowed to wear licenced stuff (like Dora or Barbie) and pinks and lighter colours and delicate fabrics are probably not appropriate for the climate and the kind of play Isabella and big brother partake in...I love the clothes Isabella wears, she is hip and cool (as Pam says) and I only wish my kids would dress more like that, but my daughters like common old pink clothes and tops with pictures on them...yuk! ;)

just wondering if Mary reads thiss trheats about Isabella's coths? it is not doubt that we are all entitled to diffrent taste, and a lot of us do not agree with Mary's choices for Isabella, it is a kind of bizard I think when you see the daughters of Maxima and Letizia , just such a difference! Somebody here or in other threat mention that she might not be able to use any of the cloths with Dora or any other cartoon, well, if this is the case becasue she is a princess and she might not be able to do any publicity it is sad that at her age she can not enjoy to use any of the Disney;s cracters, I think it is so cool for kids that and so much fun! is any site of clothes in Denmark for kids that we can see?

What really makes me sad about all of this is the disparaging remarks about a little three year old girl and how she looks in her clothes. It is not about what she is wearing at all. I agree on some of her clothing. You would think that we as adults could offer a comment on her clothing only, not come in and make unkind remarks about how she looks in them. That is the whole problem with all of this. She is a only a child.

Okay, time to move on, some of us like and some of us dislike the fashion
choices that have been made for Isabella, that's all and should not end in
arguments! Thanks!

Isabella looks nice in her clothes. I like this pullover and her red trousers.

Nikolai and Felix both look very nice. Isabella's outfit is completely mismatched, though each piece separately is just fine. Christian is very poorly dressed, IMO. His trousers look awful and totally worn. Just a clarification: I'm only judging by what I see and I don't mean to start an argument. This is only MY opinion, no one else's and I'm not going to reply to rude posters that will possibly attack me.:flowers:

Isabella looks so cute!! I like her new haircut : )

Love the ponch which emulates her mother's; so cute. I like the way Mary dresses Isabella. They boys look cute too.

I love the poncho! She's so adorable! And Christian is turning is into a little man!

I love Isabella's hair it looks so good on her. She looked so cute in her poncho and boots just like moms. All the boys looked really cute and seem to enjoy their time together. Seems when Mary is pregnant she goes into a haircutting mode.

Nikolai and Felix both look very nice. Isabella's outfit is completely mismatched, though each piece separately is just fine. Christian is very poorly dressed, IMO. His trousers look awful and totally worn. Just a clarification: I'm only judging by what I see and I don't mean to start an argument. This is only MY opinion, no one else's and I'm not going to reply to rude posters that will possibly attack me.:flowers:

No attack here:flowers: I am wondering if the knees look worn because he was crawling around on them. I think he looks fine, but as you say, this is each person's opinion.

No attack here:flowers: I am wondering if the knees look worn because he was crawling around on them. I think he looks fine, but as you say, this is each person's opinion.

Sure, perhaps that's the reason.;) You see, we look at the photos and we say whether we like something or not. We're not here to excuse or analyse the reasons why this or that shirt, for example, looked worn or dirty or messy etc. That would be exhausting and quite boring. Thanks for the understanding anyway, Emmily! :flowers:

I agree with you. Isabella's outfit looks like put together by her or very fast. No matches at all.
As for Christian, his clothes looks kind of old, maybe that's the reason?

Just replying to all the posters who have said their clothes are old and worn...Royal or not, they are just kids, sometimes, well most times they have minds of their own and will want to wear what they want to wear...Present them with the option of wearing those new trousers, they will go for the worn, comfy, familiar ones...Asking a stubborn 3 year old girl to wear something that matches is probably fighting a losing battle, it is probably just an effort to get her into clothes that whatever she chooses you will be happy with because at least she is dressed...We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but as a mother of four, kids at this age are exercising independence and wanting to dress themselves and choosing their own clothes and sometimes as a parent you just have to pick your battles and let some things go...And if Mary (never Frederik, he is only the father after all) is criticised for wanting a harmonious (but mismatched) household, then good luck to her, I think she is doing a great job, considering the bigger pressure on her than clothes...that the kids are well-behaved, polite and don't embarass their parents... ;)

Just replying to all the posters who have said their clothes are old and worn...Royal or not, they are just kids, sometimes, well most times they have minds of their own and will want to wear what they want to wear...Present them with the option of wearing those new trousers, they will go for the worn, comfy, familiar ones...Asking a stubborn 3 year old girl to wear something that matches is probably fighting a losing battle, it is probably just an effort to get her into clothes that whatever she chooses you will be happy with because at least she is dressed...We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but as a mother of four, kids at this age are exercising independence and wanting to dress themselves and choosing their own clothes and sometimes as a parent you just have to pick your battles and let some things go...And if Mary (never Frederik, he is only the father after all) is criticised for wanting a harmonious (but mismatched) household, then good luck to her, I think she is doing a great job, considering the bigger pressure on her than clothes...that the kids are well-behaved, polite and don't embarass their parents... ;)

But that's not what we should be talking about here. After all, this IS a FASHION THREAD, not "how well are their kids behaving" thread. Besides, how can you tell how well behaved they are by looking at the pictures?

Or perhaps we should only comment fashion when royals are seen at events where fashionable clothes are to be expected? This was the Hubertus Hunt, a three year old girl attending with her family in cold weather, probably playing with her brother and cousins and going for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Somehow it doesn't matter if her poncho and her trousers seemed mitmatched to some (they looked perfectly fine to me) - main thing was that she was kept warm and comfortable.

With the keen royal watching these days, every day clothes, practical clothes, children's clothing are commented under the 'fashion' thread. Perhaps it becomes too much; we should make allowance for events which by their nature are just not for fashion discussions. But that is just my personal opinion of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom